PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Spring Dustoff: June 13 -15

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
06-04-2003, 08:19 PM
I'm surprised I didn't read about it here earlier.

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/

FR :p

Dr. Dan
06-05-2003, 06:12 AM
wink Flatboy.........The DustOff has been on the Events Section almost since it's inception....and it is also one of the mainstay Events for Anal Retentives to attend with their Pristine Classics. :p If ya haven't been, it's a definite must...what a beautiful Lake and a first Class Event! Great People and Eddie and Augusta know how to show you a good time! Lookin Forward to it.

:cool: ...Doc of the Bay

06-05-2003, 07:05 PM
I just meant that I hadn't seen any mention of this year's dates on this page of the forum. I thought that kind of odd.
I went to last year's. Stood around in the rain, had some lunch, stood in the rain some more, went home. I didn't introduce myself to anyone (I'm shy), but I'll be back there as soon as I get my Donzi. I'd bring the flat, but I think it would attract some unwanted attention from the gendarmes. I doubt I'd make many friends that way! Although, it would be cool to blow by GEOO (unfair advantage not withstanding)! :D

DON N.
06-06-2003, 08:36 PM
WELL IF YOUR THERE THIS YEAR DON'T BE SHY ! DO HOPE THE WEATHER IS BETTER THOUGH . USUALLY SOME ONE WANTS TO KNOW WHERE EVERY ONE IS STAYING OR SOME THING , SEEMS QUIET TO ME TO !

Dr. Dan
06-07-2003, 07:02 AM
:cool: I think Lake George and The DustOff are in a league of it's own...and as such...all of the Classic Owners who can...automatically just plan on attending....it has built up its own momentum and draws predominantly from the NorthEast Region....with the occassional Poodle or Harbor Boy making appearences...we missed last year due to a wedding...and I understand it was fun but pretty wet...lets hope there's a break in the weather...today, makes the 10th Consecutive Rainy weekend in the MidAtlantic States...really sucks,saving some boat gas money...but it's getting old... :rolleyes:

Depressed In The East...Looking For Sol?
DocZilla

Air 22
06-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Flat Racer...

The Lake George Dust Off is the "Classic Donzi Show" of the season. Don't miss it. Lake George is the one and only "Queen of American Lakes" You will not find a more beautiful lake east of the Mississippi...period. :D Fast eddie and Augusta put on a super event year after yaer. wink This is the Classic owners #1 event of the season bar none! :) Looks like a 3 hr drive for you..looking fwd to seeing you there wink

06-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Yes, I'm somewhat familiar with Lake George. I've done a bunch of A.C.B.S. shows there with Dad and the wooden boat crowd. It is a very pretty lake, as are most lakes in the Adirondacks.
My home lake is Lake Bomoseen, VT which is about 15 mi. due east of LG.
I'm supposed to do a gig next weekend, but with no word of any rehearsals yet, it may not happen, in which case, I might just make it up there.

Walt. H.
06-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Flat Racer, hey (Eric),

I might be able to get off from work Sat,14th. and head up to Lake George as a spectator. I'm located just off the NYS Thruway =>Kingston,exit #19. If you would like to catch a ride with me, that will cut your driving time exactly in half.

My wife & daughter have other plan's so I would be driving up alone if I went anyway. :D :p
I should know by Wednesday if I can get the day off. If your interested post or e-mail me.
walriengineering@aol.com

Hope the weather air's out!
Walt.........
Ps. For an alternate day, I'm definitely off this friday 13th, eek! if that's better for you?

Walt. H.
06-12-2003, 10:37 AM
I guess No answer is my answer. I would have liked a simple yes,no or don't know!

Enjoy your week end to all that's going. :)