PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU ARE GOING to 1000 Islands

MOP
06-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Anyone got a handle on who is all going to the run? CDMA is going but looking for bed space. Maybe some one can post a Who's Who! Count me in.

Extreme Measures
06-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Im in for the big event mop and we cant wait to meet all these fine people on the registry.

:) Your Friends In Boating :)

:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

Tom Davis
06-05-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm in as well as a few other Winni Bandits!!

olredalert
06-05-2003, 09:36 AM
------Theres a bunch of Deeetroiters heading that way.Rootsy may want to share a room,but I dont want to speak for him.E-mail him.
------Looking forward to meeting you,M.O.P.,as Im pretty sure you are the only guy on the site that has a few months on me!I thought I held the age record until you started talking about 6cyl. Chevs and Eglin AF base.We can both bring our walkers!!!!!!!!LOL..............Bill S

Dr. Dan
06-05-2003, 03:30 PM
:cool: DocZilla & The Lizard...will be there...as well as a handful of our Atlantic Coast Crew! :p

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-05-2003, 08:29 PM
MOP, edit the title of this post and put
"POST IF YOU ARE GOING to 1000 Islands"
maybe we can get a decent count.
I count 22 boats based on what I have read.

See everyone there, can't wait. Please let it be dry weather for once this year!
Bryan & Nancy and kids....

MOP
06-05-2003, 09:01 PM
There can not be much more water left in the sky so it will be DDDDRRRRYYYY!

MOP
06-06-2003, 12:03 AM
I am staying on my Buddies island in Blind Bay about 12 miles from A Bay. It is a dark run up the river at night and it can get a bit rough outside A Bay. I may be hauling my boat back and forth, or try for a spot in A Bay. It also lays down like glass, this to me is an amazing place. I have by the good graces of a close Bud been able to enjoy some really neat locally guided tours. Speaking of touring, has scratched out an itinerary. I know EM & Boxy know every nook and cranny!
Some places that all would enjoy:

The tiny river where the US and Canada are at there closet point, Fort Ticondaroga, Museum in A Bay and A Bay in general, Bolt Castle, the Castle off Chippawa Bay, a good roam through the islands, Kingston, also there is a treasure trove of old boat repair shops, with tons of old goodies. If anyone brings a jet ski I know a river off Chippawa Bay to die for. What many will marvel at is the St Lawrence area is in some ways like going back in time. You will say so many places not enough time, most will come again, I've been going for several years and still can't wait to get back up there. Would like to trade cell numbers with a few people.

BUIZILLA
06-06-2003, 07:10 AM
Did anybody think to invite Brock Yates and his F14 resto???
I know he lives on the river up there somewhere's, he brags about it all the time in Car & Driver.

J

MOP
06-06-2003, 07:56 AM
I tried to locate the Donzi dealer up near A Bay using the Donzi site locater. Joke I entered the Zip for A Bay and got directed to the dealer in Sarasota Fla. I have met him he is a real good sort and would probably enjoy meeting everyone. Anyone up here that can get me the info I will get in touch with him. Thanks in advance!

CDMA
06-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Jim,

I sent a letter to yates @ C&D a year ago saying I had a 14 and explaining about the club....no response.

Are you going to make it to 1000 islands

Chris

Ok Pump damnit pump

roadtrip se
06-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Mop, I believe Aquamainia sells Donzi in A-bay,
at least they did!

Head count, Jill and I are there!

Todd

BUIZILLA
06-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Chris, If I got get a couple new people hired and trained by then.. I'll be there.... if not.... i'll be here weeping

J

MOP
06-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks Todd wiil try another search other than Donzi.

Extreme Measures
06-12-2003, 07:41 AM
MOP I hope that more people are coming than have replyed I would like to see about 25 boats.Hold my breath for the 1000 Islands. wink

:D Your Friends In Boating :D

:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

jeepfan99
06-12-2003, 09:33 AM
I just bought my 22ZX from Aqua-mania. Rick was refered through a friend. Great experience and an even better deal.

Shanghied Again
06-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Aqua Mania is not one of the Donzi sponsors for the event.. We need donations to make this event happen. food etc. I have been on the phone with Donzi so far I have a commitment from the dealer I work for There banner will be flown. If Aquamania comes up with sponsership money $500 there banner will fly. I can use help from some of our NY/Canada members any support we can get from buisness will help us pull off a great event. Donations start at $100 for a buisness and cards, banners,will be placed and put up. So far talking to Frank we have 32 rooms rented. Looking good

Shanghied Again
06-13-2003, 11:30 AM
PS. I am also working on Donzi for som goodies, We lost 2 good alies that loved our events.
Mike and Nick Miller.

mphatc
06-17-2003, 07:58 PM
We're coming, Mario and Linda from Winnipesaukee and dragging another owner of a new 18 along from NH.
looking forward to some good times, used to work on Ontario across the bay from Sacketts Harbor. It can get rough . . . real rough oout on the lake, but a day later as the waves turn to flat swells it can be fun . . lots of fun!

Mario L.

MOP
06-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Looks like the numbers are climbing, I know when the reports come back about the beauty and fantastic boating in the 1000 Islands and the ever cordial Canadians alot more will make it the next time. I am bringing my buddy whose island I am staying with his Donzi. Most people can only dream of places like this.