PDA

View Full Version : AOTH II Latest Updates

boldts
03-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Room Avalability - Jamestown Resort is booked full for both rooms and docks. Only option left at the Resort is Houseboat rental. There is temporary docking and rafting allowed for those of you who may want to stay on your boat.

Room Availability - Lake Cumberland State Park has about 20 rooms still available for May 9th through the 14th. Docking at the state park is only available at the State Dock Marina and it is first come first serve. (How-ever, Bandit (David Hicks) has been able to reserve space at State Dock Marina in the past and if interested, you should probably let David know that you would like a spot.) When I spoke to the lady at the marina, she said that all the covered slips were taken by yearly customers. I'm not sure she knew exactly what was being asked, because the covered slips that I was refering to are where they keep the marina's rental houseboats. As Bandit has mentioned, they move the rental boats to make room for people to rent these slips. She gave me a name of the person in charge of the slips and I will follow up with him.

Children at AOTH - Jamestown Resort has a playground, but other than that, nothing until after Memorial Day when a pool opens. If you have family attending with you and you want more options for them, make your reservations at the Lake Cumberland State Park Resort. Kids will be able to enjoy a game room, indoor pool, ball courts, golf, and possibly depending on the weather, horseback riding, but only on the weekend.

Trailer Secured Parking - I am still working on an option to park our trailers at a code entrance secured lot. Cost at last discussion was around $10 for the time we are there.

If staying at the State Park, you can park your trailer right outside your front door if you want. Other option is to leave your tow vehicle and trailer at the State Park launch ramp and then keep the boat at State Dock Marina where there are customer rides to the lodge or campgrounds.

Launch Ramp Conditions - there have been some questions concerning the launch ramps at both Jamestown and the State Park. Both are steep, but very well grooved for traction. I tow my Donzi with a 2 wheel drive truck and have had no problems with tire slip at any time. (Of course if any problems are experienced, you'll have at least 50 friends all willing to lend a hand!)

I hope I have answered everyone's questions. As always, feel free to contact me by e-mail at: scott@mwdonziclub.com if you have a question that I have not answered. More updates to come as finalization occurs.

Brad Lyon
03-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Scott,

As offered earlier, if you need a hand with "anything" you have my numbers and email address. Don't hesitate to ask.

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/photos/eagleflag.gif