PDA

View Full Version : AOTH III

Terry0341
10-26-2002, 04:27 PM
I was hoping to get some feedback for Boldts from every body on having AOTH III on a different weekend other than mothers day weekend. What do you think?

Dr. Dan
10-26-2002, 05:21 PM
wink Based on this years calender...I would move it to the weekend of the 25th, the Week before Memorial Day weekend..if you wanted to keep it in May! Or you could do it the first weekend in June. Keeping in mind that the DustOff is normally the second weekend in June! :D Good Luck Luke Skywalker :cool: ...Doc

HyperDonzi
10-26-2002, 05:25 PM
I just hope it is after the 10 of June. School and exams. My parents would want all A's if i went boating during exam time...

boldts
10-27-2002, 11:26 AM
Everyone, AOTH III is being planned now that winter weather as begun and my Donzi has been put away for a long winter's nap.

I too am wanting to move the gathering back because of Mother's day weekend and mostly for the safety of those attending. This year due to the heavy spring rains, there was a lot of debris in the lake. I like all of you do not want to damage my Donzi either. I am currently working on a date other than the 2nd weekend of May. June would be great, but I do not want to interfere with a long standing Donzi gathering at Lake George, NY called the Dust-Off.

Since the gathering is called the "Awakening", I really do not want to move the gathering back after June. Another thing about doing that is the fact that many Donzi owners have many boating activities to attend with Poker Runs, family vacations and even clubs in their own neck of the woods.

AOTH has been called THE NATIONAL DONZI GATHERING and so I want to keep that spirit alive and available to as many owners as possible.

I want to thank everyone for their interest and ideas. I'll do my best to schedule AOTH III when the most can attend and on a date when no other Donzi gatherings are going on. I am truly amazed every year with the parts of the country that you all travel from each year.

I'll announce the dates as soon as I have them set in stone. :)

Last Tango
10-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Boldts,
Yeah, we had a few trees to deal with this year, but I, for only one, actually found it convenient to have it on Mother's Day weekend, because I live in Florida, my mother lives in Ohio, and the AOTH was "on the way up" anyway. I still got to be with my mom on Mother's Day because I was able to get to Cleveland on Sunday night. So we all have our wants and wishes.
I might also add that I agree with your assessment that AOTH is the actual National Donzi event. Because of that status, I suggest that YOU pick the date and let all the other Donzi clubs WORK AROUND the AOTH schedule, rather than you trying to accommodate all their various schedules. Pick the date, tell folks when you are doing it, and let THEM adjust THEIR event calendars.
Just my opinion,
Mark Laszlo (Supreme SEADOG)