PDA

View Full Version : Kids at AOTH

Murphy
02-25-2002, 07:29 PM
I'm wondering whether to bring my kids along to AOTH. They're girls 9 and 10, very sea-worthy... but don't want them to be stuck there without other kids their age to have fun with. What's the kid forecast look like based on last year?

Thanks,

Murph

Brad Lyon
02-25-2002, 07:57 PM
Murph,

I will have my 7 & 9 year old boy's with me. I'm sure they would like someone to play with. I hear the Jamestown resort has places for the kids to play at.

Brad

GEOO
02-25-2002, 08:05 PM
I'll have my 15 month old daughter. Any baby sitters??? GEOO

Crazy Horse
02-25-2002, 08:15 PM
We've been trying to figure out whether or not to bring our 6 year old son. Massachusetts to Kentucky and then back is a big task for a kid.

Brad Lyon
02-25-2002, 08:47 PM
More kids should mean more adult time, don't you think? They will want to be with each other keep one another entertained.

Brad

Formula Jr
02-28-2002, 07:02 PM
You guys mean there are going to be adults at AOTH II!? Whoa! Wait a second - I'm not signed up for that!!! "Other kids their age"- what the heck are ya talking about? They are just going to have to wait their turns on the swingsets LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!! :D

Murphy
02-28-2002, 08:18 PM
More like... "OK sweety, you just hold the wheel like this while daddy goes back and adjusts the carburetor. Watch that dial, and if it dips below 60 you push on this lever right here just a little bit... Don't worry, those other boats will get out of our way. What do you mean you can't see over the windshield? OK stand on the seat if you have to. That's daddy's girl." eek!

Murphy
02-28-2002, 08:19 PM
More like... "OK sweety, you just hold the wheel like this while daddy goes back and adjusts the carburetor. Watch that dial, and if it dips below 60 you push on this lever right here just a little bit... Don't worry, those other boats will get out of our way. What do you mean you can't see over the windshield? OK stand on the seat if you have to. That's daddy's girl." eek!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-28-2002, 08:29 PM
I don't recall any playgrounds or kid stuff at the Jamestown resort. I could be wrong, just don't remember seeing them.
We considered at one point of bringing the family, I worried about the kids being bored, other than boating!
Just FYI
Bryan

boldts
02-28-2002, 10:29 PM
Yes, this is a post I was a little leary about because I've not had a chance to inquire about what is available for kids to do at the Jamestown Resort. I am hoping to bring my 5 yr. old daughter with me. She loves the boat, but I'd like her to be entertained and enjoy our vacation also. I'll give Freida a call or send an e-mail and inquire as to what is available for the kids at Jamestown.

GEOO
03-01-2002, 11:21 AM
HUM!!! Possible Daycare!!! Maybe we can get a couple of sitters one night??? GEOO

Dr. Dan
03-02-2002, 07:39 AM
O.K. This is what my brothers have done in the past on long trips or vacations, they bring their favorite sitter along? Liz and I don't have any "PuPs" yet (still practicing wink ) but they choose a sitter they could stand for the entire time, let them know the drill and they go recruit one! More people to haul,feed and lodge, but the plus is it's someone you know and trust, and they get a bit of a vacation cuz their not cooped up at home yelling at their boyfriend on your phone!!! :p , Anyway, it's another alternative, maybe you could coordinate amongst the group of Donzi Parents - and that might help solve this delemma? Just a thought... :D ...Doc