PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Gathering

Don Carone
02-18-2002, 08:35 PM
Im wondering if we have enough Midwesterners to have some kind of gathering. Chain of lakes in northern Ill would be fun, its a chain of about 8 lakes connected by channels so it would be great for a fast slow poker run. Tons of bars we could get support from like blarney island which is a bar stuck out in the middle of a lake or fast freddies both have huge crowds on weekends. Great sandbars packed on the weekends. We also have a DONZI dealer that stores about 50 DONZIS evry summer (not to many from ILL on the registry) Let me know what you midwesterners think??

Sam
02-19-2002, 06:35 PM
What's the nearest large city near the chain of lakes.

Sam

Don Carone
02-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Sam
We are about 45 minutes northwest of chicago.
It is kind of a unique location not big on hotels (there are some but not on the water) but huge on fun. Its one of those places that comes alive in the summer, all BOATING. We also have a pretty large DONZI dealer we might get some support from (Bald Knob Marina) I hope we get some DONZIS from Ill interested
Let me know what you think?
Don

Last Tango
02-20-2002, 09:21 PM
Any thoughts as to when you might hold this event?
Mark :cool:

Crazy Horse
02-20-2002, 09:26 PM
I might be interested in joining you for this event. When?

Don Carone
02-23-2002, 04:15 PM
Im open I'd have to make shure we arn't in the way of anyones show. I had also hoped we would have more than 4 boats!!! There must be at least 50 stored at the one marina that sells them. We do have kind of a unique spot here it would be nice to share with others.
I will keep trying to drum up boats then work on a date
Thanks for your interest
I will keep you posted
Don Carone

DOND
02-23-2002, 07:00 PM
Don the chain is in my backyard if I get the boat finished you can count me in.
I have a 69 16 that is undergoing restoration.

olredalert
02-24-2002, 10:29 AM
-------Partner on my race car lives right on a canal off one of the lakes.I spent some fun times on the lakes back in the late 70s with the 454/TRS X-18 I had back then.With that said,my partner says that the drag nights at Blarneys are wild.I think they are on Thursdays though.Would love to come,depending on the date.
-------One thing to remember on the Fox lake chain is that the number of drunks who own and operate boats there is staggering.Saw many bad accidents and incredible amounts of stupidity back in the 70s.Hopefully things have cleared up somewhat since then........ol red!

Last Tango
02-24-2002, 10:46 PM
Hey, 'Red',
Does that mean we have to wear a cute dress on Thurdays to that place? :D
:cool:

olredalert
02-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Hey LT,

-----Come as you are!!!!!!!!!!!!?....ol red!

Don Carone
02-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Dresses are definatly optional!!!
Yea the races are on thurs and are bigger than ever, Blarneys added about 300 boat slips since you were there. And as far as drunks go, they have cleaned that up quite a bit. Ive been stopped a couple times for "speeding at night" I think they just want to see if your drunk. By the way no speed limits during the day!!
Im also still looking for some more local support !!!
Maybe some pix of all the woman out there thurs-sun might help!!
Im sure all of the dress wearers will fit in real nice!!!