PDA

View Full Version : AOTH II Ohio Car-a-van Meeting

boldts
02-17-2002, 12:40 AM
Everyone coming through Ohio. Here are the plans and directions. I will be planning to arrive by 09:30 a.m to help Jerry Eisele with the tailgate breakfast. Jerry has offered donuts and coffee or juice. We plan to head out for Kentucky at 10:00 a.m. Lets start a listing of those planning to join us so that Jerry has an idea how many to plan for. Nothing better than seeing a line of Donzis going down the road. :) It's also a good safety factor if anyone should have a problem.

The directions are, take I 75 south to exit #14 [Glendale/Milford Rd.] , left at the light,then turn left at the first opportunity. Pull in to the Quality Inn lot. Exit #14 is the second exit south of I 275 on I 75.

If coming down I-71 or through Columbus, OH by way of I-70, last year George Desmond and I met at an exit just south of I-270 and I-71 before continuing on down to Cincinnati. We can do that again if anyone is interested. It is about 1.5 hrs to Cincy from Columbus so leave time from Columbus needs to be no later than 08:00a.m.

Sam
02-17-2002, 07:53 AM
I'm in,

Sam

boldts
02-17-2002, 09:36 AM
Starting the list.

Scott & Beth Boldt
Sam Pilato
Jerry & Dianne Eisele
George & Heather Desmond family (3)
Brad Lyon family & friends (9)
Randy Oak & Jen

Brad Lyon
02-17-2002, 11:02 AM
Anyone have a clue what time we would have to leave the northern suburbs of Detroit to get to Cincinnati by 10:00am? If we could leave around 6:30am you could count me in, but I don't think I will get everyone to agree to leave at 4:30 or 5:00am. I looks like there will be my family of four and friends of mine which is a family of five.

Brad

Sam
02-17-2002, 01:07 PM
Brad fromm Plymouth (6mile & 275) it's 260 miles or around 4.5 hours according to Mapquest.

Sam

GEOO
02-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Scott,
Heather, Hailey and I plan on meeting up with you as well. You talking about Thursday AM , right?? I could leave Connecticut Wenesday, stay with my inlaws in Hudson and meet up with you on Thursday. GEOO

Brad Lyon
02-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Sooooooo Sam, are you planning to leave at 5:30 in the morning? I don't think I will be able to get my crew going that early, though I would like to travel down with someone.

Brad

boldts
02-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Geoo,
Yes, Thursday morning is the leave day. I'll have to check out the exit where you and I met last year. I'll post the details when I confirm them.

Sam
02-17-2002, 07:42 PM
I'm traveling stag for the weekend so I'm pretty flexible. Beyond this trip let's try and get together before hand. I thought I saw on a thread that said your office was in Troy, mine is in Bloomfield Hills. Maybe we can hook up for lunch, you can send me a note to sam@mackellar.com or call 248-335-4440 ext 25.

Sam

boldts
04-07-2002, 08:24 PM
Were about a month from leave morning, so Jerry Eisele asked me to get a count of those planning on meeting in Cincinnati before leaving for KY at 10:00am on May 9th. I know some of you have changed your plans in one way or another, so I'd like to get a count. We'll do this the way I did the AOTH II count. Name, Donzi color, number of people with you. Just add your number of people to the number posted by the person before you. Thanks! It's going to be cool and quite an Attraction on the highway. I'll get it started:

Scott, Beth and Allison Boldt - 3
Blue & White Classic

Sam
04-07-2002, 08:59 PM
Sam Pilato - 1
Red 30th anniversary 16

boldts
04-08-2002, 08:06 AM
James,
Thank-you for the comments on the 22. I hope to pick her up next Saturday. I have a couple Volvo parts to replace on my 18 before I trade the boat in. Parts are being shipped directly to my home, so as soon as they arrive, I'll be heading back up to MI. David at Ski Sensations has really been a great help and is selling Classics like there going out of style. He told me ours was the 3rd one sold that week and that a 22 SE is on the way for a customer.

Guys, so that we don't have to go back through the posts to add up how many people are coming, just add the number in your group to the number posted by the person above you. So, if the next person to confirm they will be in Cincinnati by 10:00am on May 9th has 2 people in their group, the number after the name will be 7. BTW, if you want to join in on the tailgate breakfast, I would suggest that you arrive no later than 09:45. I know it's early for you MI folks, but does anyone really sleep the night before heading to a Donzi gathering? How about all the Ohio club members? There are 12 listed. Don't make me have to be the only Buckeye in the car-a-van. eek!

Count Update:
Scott Boldt - 3
Sam Pilato - 4
James Root - 5

CnV & Family
04-08-2002, 08:13 AM
Ski Sensations??? Ohio?

Hmmmm... We have Ski Sensations lettered on the back of our boat in a pink color... Looks like our Donzi may have came from up there?

Just thinking out loud...

-C

[edit] sorry, didn't mean to jumble up thread... [edit]

Brad Lyon
04-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Brad Lyon - 9
1993 Classic 18 "Yellow Jacket"

OK Michigan guy's. I am getting a dirty look from my Donzi girl about leaving at 5:30 in the morning but my boys are jumping up and down with joy to meet up with everyone and see a train of Donzi's going down the highway. So where can we Michiganders meet and at and what time. How about meeting at the intersection of I-75 and I-275 at like 6:00 to 6:15.

Let me know......

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/photos/eagleflag.gif

boldts
04-08-2002, 07:29 PM
Count update - remember, you add your total to the total above.

Brad Lyon - 9 + 5 = 14
Yellow Jacket

Good luck Brad. Even I'd have a hard time getting 9 family members in the truck and ready to go. I like the boy's attitudes though. :D

Brad Lyon
04-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Scott,

It will only be four of us. My friend has to play a concert that weekend so he and his family will not be joining us.

So that puts your total at nine, correct?

Brad

boldts
04-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks Brad. I thought you had a larger group coming with you. My Bad! Your right the count stands at:

Brad Lyon - 9

Sam
04-08-2002, 10:20 PM
James, Bolles exit works for me, I'll pass it on to Ranman.

Sam

Brad Lyon
04-09-2002, 07:26 PM
James,

Works for me as well. I assume you will be coming across on M50? I don’t think there will be too much traffic that time of the morning. So if we simply pulled off of the freeway just south of the M50 ramp onto the shoulder put on the four way’s and gathered there until everyone else got there that would be ok with me as well.

Brad

komikazee
04-14-2002, 09:49 AM
Tracy Palmer - 11
24' red & white BlackWidow
I'm in! Meeting south of exit 50 works for me. I have your cell # Brad so I can let you know if something doesn't work out.
Tracy

Just can't wait for those famous words to be spoken ( GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES )

Terry0341
04-17-2002, 05:27 AM
Just adding to the count! =13

ned j wisniewski
04-17-2002, 08:39 AM
Jerry

It looks like 5 more from toledo to make the count 18.

Best Regards, Ned

boldts
04-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Ned or Terry,
Do either one of you know Chris Armstrong from Toledo? I wanted to stop in and see his Doral when I went up to the Detroit Boat Show, but I didn't hear back from him, so I figured he wasn't ready to show off the boat yet. I know a lot of Donzi fanatics who would love to see his very rare Donzi at Lake Cumberland or at least a couple pictures of it. wink

Terry0341
04-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Hey Scott, I do not know Mr. Armstrong. How are things going with the AOTH prep? Did you get my last e-mail?

boldts
04-26-2002, 10:53 PM
Terry,
Just tying up a few loose ends. We're 13 days away and things are really coming together nicely. I didn't want to get back to you until I had a chance to drive down I-71 South and find out the exit number that George Desmond and I met at last year. It is exit 100 - Georgesville Road. It is one exit South of I-270. You said you were planning to leave Westerville around 05:00am right? Should be no problem meeting you around 06:00am at the Bob Evans at the exit. Make a left from the off ramp. I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but when we meet up with the rest of the gang in Cincinnati, Jerry Eisele was setting up a tailgate breakfast for us. We'll have some coffee, tea, donuts and probably some type of juice. :)

Brad Lyon
04-30-2002, 11:47 AM
My plan is to leave at 5:30am that would put me at exit 11 at about 6:15am. That should leave us lots of time to get to Cincinnati by 10:00am if we could average 60 to 65MPH.

Brad

Terry0341
05-02-2002, 05:58 AM
Hey Scott, good to hear from you. We will meet you at the exit at 6am. I did know about the tailgate breakfast, sounds good. I would like to get some breakfast at Bob Evans before we head to Cinci. See you there.

boldts
05-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Terry,
I'm really hoping I can get there by 06:00. I'm having a few issues with my better half. She doesn't want to bring our 5 yr. old daughter with us and she will be going to daycare school at 06:00. All this planning and I seem to have a problem with the one part that I thought was rock solid. Still pushing the issue HARD! I'll do my best to be there at 06:00. I function much better on a full stomach and lord knows I need all the help I can get. Either way, I'll see everyone in Cincy. What a car-a-van it is going to be. Jerry told me we could be looking at 10 to 15 in the group all rolling to KY. Awesome! eek!

Terry0341
05-07-2002, 07:20 AM
Scott, Dont worry about it, your daughter is much more important than meeting with us. We will be there around 6am so if you can make it great and if you don't we will see you in Cinci.

Have a great day! :cool:

Sam
05-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Ok, all you Mich travelers here is the deal. From Monroe to Cinci it is 222 miles, in drive time I would say 4 hours to play it safe. So if you want to meet up in Cinci at 9:30 ish we need to leave Monroe at 6:00 am. I will be ready to hit the road from Monroe t 6:00 am. We will meet at the Laplaisance exit which is exit 11 off I-75. I think there is a McDonalds on the right side of the road just of the exit, meet in the the back parking lot.
From Cinci to James town it is 187 miles or I would say 3.5 hours on the safe side.

Sam

Ranman
05-08-2002, 07:37 AM
Sam, We'll be there at 6:00. Randy