PDA

View Full Version : **California** Any Donzi get togethers

David O'Connor II
09-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Looking for any other Donzi owners in California North or South that are interested in a West coast get together.

Dave911
09-07-2002, 04:12 PM
Don't have a Donzi, but I'd love to run my Sutphen 18' GS with some Donzis for fun and to see how the rides compare. Lake Mead was awfully nice this past weekend, although it can get pretty windy. Prefer to run in fresh water. Dave

http://www.donzi.net/photos/dNovick1.jpg

Formula Jr
09-09-2002, 05:52 PM
I was trying to get a gathering going in Tahoe, but the numbers were not there yet. Everything North of 'Cisco is void of donzis till you get to Washington, so as a region I guess we're looking at central California east to Lake Powell, Mead, Havasu. You local guys will just have to pick an area /time and stick with it for a couple years to create some permanence of an event. Build it, and they will come. I looked long and hard for a Cal. Coastal area that would work, but didn't find anything all the way down to San Diego. Can't figure out why, but all the marinias just don't seem to be setup for events. But then again, I look for a specific set of facilities like: Ramp, Dock space, parking, meeting space, interesting water and reasonable lodging. Powell/Mead , Shasta and Tahoe have these in place.
Here is an earlier review of Tahoe.
http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002437

Dave911
09-13-2002, 01:33 PM
The link from Owen was most informative, and has got my blood boiling to head on up to Tahoe. I'll post my plans as I they come together, and maybe some can make it. Dave

Dave911
09-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Don't all yell at once.

Stan
10-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Southern Cal Donzi Meeting....sounds great.

I tried to get a Lake Havasu meeting together some time ago with no suscess.

I usually go to Lake Castaic, its small but, but its still boating. Let do a small get together at Castaic or Lake Elsinor( ?) while the weather is still good and plan an early spring Lake Havasu meet.

Stan........22 Classic

Digger
10-12-2002, 06:09 AM
late next summer I'll be moving: either to soCal, North Carolina, maybe Florida. hard to say which at this point I don't have much say in it. Anyway if it's SoCal I'll be in touch-

Verdugo
12-05-2002, 04:52 PM
:) Hi everyone Iam a new Donzi owner in the Southwest Arizona and would love to start and join in on a get togather sound s like a blast keep me posted I'll GO!!!!

Verdugo
12-12-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey you folks from the West lets get our act togather We must have allot of Donzi fans and owners out there!!!!!!!!

Lets hear ya

Verdugo