PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Meet???

RickSE
12-10-2001, 10:27 AM
What about that West Coast Meet? Are we going to do something this year? Seems like a good time to start some planning. I still like Tahoe.

Formula Jr
12-10-2001, 11:28 AM
There will definitely be the 2002 Lake Washington Scramarama around labor day. Don't know If I can pencil in another August 11/12th Tahoe trip till there are more confirms. If a Tahoe thingy, I'll be at the Tahoe city camp grounds. The girl at the fee booth was really quite pretty............

EricG
12-10-2001, 12:00 PM
Here's another non-committal west coast meet response ;). If we put something together in Tahoe, and my truck's tranny (or my Alpha) doesn't blow up before it, I'll be there!

EG

Formula Jr
12-10-2001, 12:58 PM
Let me tell ya, unless there's a way to get to Tahoe that I don't know about, we're talking long uphill pulls in hot weather. Not to discourage anyone. Just saying what it is..... I came in on 267 which was not bad, but 431 is a bear. Don't know about 89.

RickSE
12-10-2001, 05:02 PM
I've never been to Tahoe and have been looking for an excuse to go, this certainly would be it. Even an informal meet would be cool. I did like the idea from last year of going up for the wood boat show. The hills won't bother my 496/6-speed trans. :D

What kind of a truck do you have Eric?

Man it's snowing like a mad here today. It started this morning and hasn't stopped yet. I sure hope it goes all night!

Formula Jr
12-11-2001, 12:04 PM
Tahoe (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002437) city campgrounds fills up for this event. If we're doing this, I'll probably have to get there thursday and secure a couple campgrounds. There will not be any trailer parking left at the launch ramp - this is where the woodie guys launch and park, so you need a campsite to take the trailer back to after launch. Sites are 15 a day - no problem if I have to reserve a couple empty sites, the boat show is 20 bucks for the weekend, and Becon's resturant has nothing cheaper than $15 on the menu. I suggest filling the boat on the way in, as boat gas on Tahoe is insanely expensive. Its not a real big lake. Rick if you're comming from the southeast - do not try to drive on the southern section of the rim road. Its too wild to trailer anything but a really small boat.

Blewbyu
01-17-2002, 04:49 PM
I didn't go last year because of the uphill grind.Just hate to do that to my equiptment.I have to do Snoqualmie Pass and the Vantage Grade/s about 4 times each year-and it breaks my heart every time I do it.
Gotta beg off permanently on Tahoe. frown.gif

Formula Jr
01-17-2002, 07:13 PM
Jeff, you are always welcome to park you Beemer at my place while we drive down together with a boat. You can bring a tent or rent a room and I promise you'll get you turns at piloting. You gotta see the Woodie Show. The boats are stunning.

So I guess there's enough interest to make this happen, so I'm writting it down, that at least three people are going to need camp sites at the Tahoe City Grounds. I'll get there Thursday to secure two other sites, Friday we do the run to Emerald bay, check out the tea house and Beacon's. Saturday we should boat over to the show and anchor off shore, and maybe a night cruise. Sunday we can "round" the lake, With a picnic on a North Eastern Beach. Let me know all of ya'lls time lines so I can plan. If ya gotta be back on Monday, I'll rearrange the itinerary.

Bryant
01-22-2002, 12:20 PM
Any chance of having an event in the Delta or San Francisco area?

Formula Jr
01-24-2002, 08:32 AM
Bryant. There is no chance. Make it happen.

Bryant
02-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Don't mind setting up something. How many would be interested? If theres interest it can happen.