PDA

View Full Version : Thunder On The Bay! August 9th & 10th

Dr. Dan
12-08-2001, 07:45 AM
Wow, I received an email from Stephanie last night and wanted to start a seperate Topic to get the "Name" out there to our Donzi Brethren. The Logo is in a word KickA**, I'm looking forward to getting a great turnout for this event from our local Donzi Registry Group, so if you live in the Mid Atlantic Area plan on attending the newest Major Event to join the "Must Attend" list. If you're further away, Add this to your travel schedule now! Stephanie has assembled a professional group of Donzi Lunatics that will insure a first class event! And best of all the Chesapeake Bay is a days drive or less for alot of us Registry Dudes! For those of you who have never visited the Bay area, this would make a great family vacation trip as well, the Bay has so much to offer, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Annapolis and some of the most spectacular Rivers and Island boating areas on the East Coast or any Coast for that matter! Mike Miller & Co. will be supporting the event(maybe we can get him to sing again?)as well as others, let us know if you think you could make it!Check out specifics as they become available on www.jacksonmarinesales.com (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) ! You'll also have a great opportunity to check out the latest Donzis on display & ready to go at the East Coasts Premier Donzi Dealer,Jackson Marine! This will be The Event for all Donzis in the MidAtlantic Bay Area !...See You All There
:D ..Doc

Digger
12-08-2001, 08:06 AM
Dan, that sounds great! It's on my calendar... will that website be the best source of details as they become available?

Dr. Dan
12-08-2001, 08:31 AM
Digger, Yes as far as specifics, discussion will be available through the registry here or on other related topics, although we'll try to stay focused under this "events & gatherings " forum. Some of the events develop so much discussion that it just ends up overwhelming the main discussion board, so Scott who is the Great and Almighty Oz , recreated this current format, which is pretty cool! Glad to hear you can make it, hey, they don't hire that thing out to do event aerial photo shoots do they? :D ...Doc

Digger
12-08-2001, 08:38 AM
no, but what a cool idea. I'm getting lots of ideas what to do with the helo's from this board, all of which would get my wings stripped :D

Sam
12-08-2001, 08:58 AM
Doc, your a mind reader, I was thinking the same thing. I did have some photo's shot of my 33' a couple of years ago. We were returning from a two week cruise when my buddy radioed me and said look to my stern. Holy $#^&$*#, there was this chopper flying sideways with a guy hanging out the side with a camera.
This outfit was from the Fl Keys and were returing from a big sailing event in the Great Lakes. I did get the proofs and had copies made. I'll try and post them once I figure that whole thing out.

Sam

Dr. Dan
12-08-2001, 09:17 AM
Sam, at the Sarasota Owners Rally, Donzi was cool enough to have this service during the Run on Saturday everyone had the opportunity to reveiw the proofs at that evenings Banquet, it was probably the single most memorable part of the event,everyone walked out a little lighter in the pocket book that night! The Photos were all Great and When else would you have such a professional photo op? We are discussing the possibility of doing the same at this event, but currently do not yet have any arrangements made...Doc ;)

Shanghied Again
12-08-2001, 10:23 AM
We will be also working through The N/E Donzi Club as Thunder On The Bay was supposed to be with Cape Island and has moved its name over to Jackson Marine, I will be making the change from my site as soon as I can get my New computer up and running . I will put the new logo up and retire the one on my site now for Cape Island. Thunder on the Bay will also be continued with the NJPPC as Thunder on the River as it was last year. http://northeastdonziclub.homestead.com/index.html

boldts
12-08-2001, 07:33 PM
Doc, Frank, Jackson Marine,

"Thunder on the Bay" looks like a road trip for me in August. Maybe even with a bigger Donzi. We'll have to see how things work out. It will surely be a topic of discussion along with the "Dust-Off" being held in June at the "Awakening of the Horses II". It's going to be a great summer! :D

Dr. Dan
12-09-2001, 11:50 AM
Scott, We'd love to have you! We hope to have a great turn out for this, last year we had 25 boats and it was not even attractive weather! So, I've shceduled a beautiful weekend for this event. It will be a great time for sure! See ya there! :D ...Doc

Pegasus
12-10-2001, 05:03 AM
Hey gang! If anyone knows of a service here in the Mid Atlantic that does the photo thing please let me know. It's on our priority list at the moment. If anyone who wishes to be on our Donzi owner list for the mailing for "Thunder on the Bay" drop me an email and I will put you on the mailing list! :p Thanks Dr. Dan for the lead in here! *hugz* Frank tried to call you back Friday will try again today! Keep your eyes peeled to the website for more updates!Jackson Marine Sales (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com)

Shanghied Again
12-10-2001, 02:57 PM
Hi Stephanie, Boat Pix he is a little pricey but gets some great pix from the air.
www.boatpix.com (http://www.boatpix.com)

Pegasus
12-11-2001, 04:54 AM
Hey all! Here is the logo for Thunder on the Bay 2002! Hope you enjoy it!
http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com/images/Thunder_on_the_bay.jpg

Pretty nifty eh?
:cool:

Dr. Dan
02-23-2002, 06:23 AM
Just as a reminder as you're making your summer travel plans, plan on visiting the East Coast & Grab a Beer and a Crab Cake or two!!! :D This years run should be another good time, last years food was great,people were terrific and there was even local & regional print media coverage. Stephanie says that the Photo Boys from Sarasota will be there taking action shots of our Toys from the air! Regatta Photo does a first class job! :p Make plans to attend in August, it's a good time and we need more "Registry Donzis" there this year! :D ...Doc

Formula Jr
02-23-2002, 10:47 PM
If you guys need any info on the bay area from Magothy to South River, just give me a ring.

The three best crab houses on the water are Mike's (South River) Chantler's (A Little North East of the Severn Entrance) and Riverdale Inn (upper Magothy.) Don't forget to plan a visit to Dobin's Island (Dutch Ship) on the Magothy. Nap town inner Harbor is so crowded on Weekends, you all will have a hard time finding docks. You guys are going to have alot of fun, particularly from Sandy Point to the entrance of the Severn, thats where the big waves live.

Dr. Dan
04-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Yo Dudes and Dudettes, Stephanie has posted the Poker Run sign up sheets on her web site, www.jacksonmarinesales.com (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) , try to sign up early so they can get an early handle on head count for participation! :p Should be a great time, again I am hopeful I will not be the only "Registry Lunatic" there! So if you think you can do it , please sign up! Just click on...Poker Run and check it out. Any specific questions should be directed to Stephanie, any others, I might be able to provide some insight,post them here or email me! wink Anyone inside of a days drive should try to attend, the Bay is awesome, and as Formula Jr. can attest to,has a broad scope of "Play Areas" eek! ....See Ya All There...Doc

GEOO
04-05-2002, 06:37 PM
DR. DAN,

I plan on attending.
GEOO

Dr. Dan
04-05-2002, 07:11 PM
Geoo , Wow that would be great, hopefully Scott & Cathy can make this one, how 'bout you Frank? Brad & Amy? Tuvell and those Southern Thrashers? :D ...Doc

Pegasus
04-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi ALL! Sorry I haven't been around for a while. With all the boat shows going on I have been downright going crazy. As Dr. Dan has mentioned the entry form for the "Thunder on the Bay 2002" is up on our site. www.jacksonmarinesales.com (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) in the Poker Run section. I have also upgraded our website a little, hope you like it. I have re-confirmed the helicopter photo guys and it's on. They will be there to shoot the boats and owners from the air. Entry forms are going out to all in my database. :rolleyes: If you would like to be put on my database send me an email mailto:pegasus917@yahoo.compegasus917@yahoo.com</a> and I will pop you on it. Oh and guess what??? eek! BOTH the Miller brothers say they will be there! What a show! Can't wait! Well have to go and hope to hear from you. Dr. Dan, Frank, can you give me a call soon? See ya all at the run

Dr. Dan
04-23-2002, 10:26 PM
Just as a point of information, anyone attending Aoth II who has questions about the Thunder Event, I will have my Bay Charts with me and other particulars to answer any questions you may have to help you plan for this great Summer Weekend! :D ...Doc

JP BRESCIA
04-30-2002, 09:30 PM
My entry form is complete and I will be attending. This is my first major gathering and probably my first poker run. Unless one comes up sooner. wink

Dr. Dan
04-30-2002, 10:51 PM
J.P., Glad to have you, I guarantee you will have a good time, last year the weather stunk, and we had a blast! :p This year promises to be even better. Mike & Nick are planning on stopping in and working their collective "Donzi Magic" and we will have Regatta Photo doing the aerial work! :D I am sure we will have even a larger crew this year! Make sure to reserve a room at the Crystal Inn or check out the other places, lodging will be the limiting convenience factor! :rolleyes: There are a ton of other hotels about 10 to 20 minutes east on Route 40 towards Dover....Doc

Pegasus
05-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the great push Doc! I have been receiving entry forms already and am pleased with the early reponse. I don't see yours in the pack there Doc??? LOL On another note...things are speeding up and I will be giving updates on our website so keep tuned!

Dr. Dan
05-02-2002, 04:17 PM
Steph, No Problem!!! wink If you have any Flyers or something with the Logo/Poster Pic on it, I could use, send it before AOTH II...I will have our Pics of last year and the articles, anything else you can think of let me know, maybe some Jackson Marine Stuff? If so send it to me, I can return the rest when we meet up! We leave Wednesday for Awakening of the Horses!!!! :D ...Doc

Pegasus
05-08-2002, 08:16 AM
Sorry Doc- Saw your post too late! :( Just a little update here....The Bed and Breakfast is booked up and I called the Crystal Inn yesterday and reserved what rooms they had left. HEHEHEHEH I reserved 4 Jacuzzi rooms at a great price! So anyone who hasn't made their reservations yet hurry up! Sponsorship is moving along as well as plans. Will keep you all up to date! Keep those entries coming!

JP BRESCIA
05-09-2002, 10:01 AM
Steph... One of my passengers for the Poker Run dock his sailboat in Annapolis. He is sailing up to meet me at Jackson Marine Sales on Friday. I intend to stay overnight on his boat both Friday and Sat. nights. Is there anything he needs to know re: mooring his sailboat near your marina?

Pegasus
05-15-2002, 11:17 AM
JP-talked to you on phone.

Everyone-We are planning our route now. Frank Cititano- give me a call when you have a chance. Doc says he has time this weekend to meet up. What about you? Or should we just do the email thing? Things are progressing nicely otherwise. Can't wait to see all you guys together again. Promises to be lots of fun. As soon as the route is set I will work on the GPS coordinates for everyone. Have a surprise planned for the card decks...ehhehehehehhe

wink

fasttrucker
05-24-2002, 08:19 PM
booked crystal inn for fri and sat,bringing two kids sara age 11.peter age 6.wondering if anyone else is bring kids?iam sure they will have fun but kids get bored and tired,then they get cranky.it would be cool for them to make new freinds. :p

Formula Jr
05-24-2002, 08:54 PM
If I'm reading this right, the gig starts and finishes at Jackson Marine? Looking forward to a published route and intinerary. I'll be in the area around those days sea testing a GT 21.

Dr. Dan
05-28-2002, 06:26 AM
1.)Formula, Yes the Run would begin and end at Jackson as far as I know, Stephanie will be posting the route soon on the Jackson Site, www.jacksonmarinesales.com (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) It would be great to have you there!
2.) Fast, I can't answer any questions about entertaining the small ones! For the most part, it was adults last year, the main party took place in a Pavillion Area/Tent, I don't know what will be different in that regard this year! The food was great, and the Master of ceremonies was one of those crazy Miller Bros.(Mike)... :D Doc

Pegasus
06-04-2002, 12:49 PM
Hey everyone. Had some sad news today. Seems that Mark Laszlo from Florida that registered for the Poker Run has had open heart surgery. His wife called today to withdraw him. Do some of you others know him? Just thought I would give you a heads up.
Went out to one of the stops last Friday for a little inspection for suitablility. Working on that course!

Let me know if anyone talks to Mark. My prayers are with him.

Last Tango
06-06-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey, Gang!
Yep, I'm "boatin' verboten" until mid-September. No race cars either until then. Last Friday morning I had a quadruple bypass. Everything went extremely well. I was on my way home by Tuesday afternoon. No "event" (no heart attack or stroke). Caught on my semi-annual cardiology visit. I'm 53, non-smoker, good physical condition, aware eater. I still had 93% restriction in all four arteries - because of genetics and extreme family history for heart disease. We caught it late because I had not had any "symptoms," and my annual stress test last November showed no problems. What tipped the Dr. is I said I felt I was getting random chest pain that was not exercise or load dependent (I had spent a hour diving on the bottom of the big boat to clean it, the day before, with no pains. Walking to my car to go to his appointment I had a pain). He suggested immediate "heart cath" (where they put that micro camera up the artery in your leg, and then shoot movies of your heart live). We expected a 2 to 4 hour procedure since I agreed to let them go ahead with angioplasty (the balloon thing), or stents (clamps that hold the artery open long term) as needed. Turns out my heart cath was less than 20 minutes...they came out, talked to my wife, brought me out of sedation long enough to be fully aware of what needed to be done. I was prepped the next day for a triple bypass. When they actually got inside, a quadruple was necessary to keep ALL my new pipes flowing smoothly. I spent 3 1/2 days in ICU and walked out. No long leg scars since they had plenty of good tube to work with (age ususally ruins a lot more plumbing forcing longer cuts to harvest a good section. Chest was laser cut, no removal of tissue from bone, skilled hands cut and sewed, then the sturnum was drilled and sewn back together with wire (like a tennis shoe lace) from the inside. Outside was only "insert tab A into slot B, glue and hold for 48 hours." In a few weeks I'll be back to better than before. Minimal chest scar, which will be easily hidden in the foliage when it grows back (I didn't tip the barber since he didn't trim around my ears or shave my back. He got everything else from my neck to my ankles, though. I'm experiencing a certain foliage freedom I haven't had since I was 10 years old.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm sorry to miss this summer's fun, but I will be back in the fall and playing harder than ever. See your doctor. Often. I don't want to see your boat posted in the ESTATE SALE section. It saved me, and I hope it will save every one of you. Never hide from confrontations you can't win. Attack early, hard, and with every weapon available. It works. It also helps to have great family, friends, and a guardian angel - listen to your angel!
Mark :cool:

Dr. Dan
06-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Mark, We are all glad to hear it all went so well, all things considered :D You be the Man, Liz and I have some great pics of you and others at AOTH II...We'll send copies when we get our stuff in a pile! Congratulations again on staying proactive with your health! I couldn't afford to buy your 18 anyway! :rolleyes: ...Doc

fasttrucker
06-07-2002, 08:34 PM
doc,i was told they where going to have camp donzi for my kids.the night of the driver meeting. i think everything should be cool.really looking forward to meeting you ,p.s. they cashed my check reg. fee.,so i gots to go!

Pegasus
06-14-2002, 02:13 PM
Hello Gang! Yup looks like we will be having Camp Donzi for Bill's kids on Friday night. Been trying desperately to get ahead of my regular duties so I can put my nose to the wave here with the poker run. Any of you here that wish to sign up should do so soon. I am putting a stop on registering in early July because of the lead time for the t-shirts we are having made. Talk to you soon!

Pegasus
06-24-2002, 05:12 AM
Hi everyone! Just an update. The course has been set and is posted on the web page Home of Jackson Marine Sales (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) I am presently working on the GPS coordinates and waypoints for those out of the area and not familiar with the Chesapeake. We don't want you getting lost or anything! If anyone has any questions drop me an email jms@jacksonmarinesales.com (mailto:jms@jacksonmarinesales.com) and I will be more than happy to answer them. Was out on the water this weekend and ran into Doc. Great seeing you! See you all at the run and I will be in touch!

GEOO
06-25-2002, 05:53 PM
I booked my stay at the Inn.
Owen, If you need a ride I have room.

Dr. Dan
06-25-2002, 06:17 PM
Steph, Great to see you also, I was in a slight daze from "Sun Stroke" no doubt!! :rolleyes: Great weekend on the Bay! Spent two days running all around with some new boating friends, ran through a tank and a half of fuel! eek!
Geo, glad to hear you guys can make it , will it be the 3 of you? Hope everyone can make it, the Bay is awesome! :D ...Doc

Dr. Dan
07-01-2002, 03:18 PM
I know this is a month out, but July is a short month with the Holiday & Vacations! :D I was just curious if we could get a count going here to see what "Registry Members" are going to attend in this years event? :cool: It looks like we will definitely have some new faces compared to last years group, which is cool! Post a count if you feel certain you will be attending! :D Thanks In Advance ...Doc

Dr. Dan
07-01-2002, 03:20 PM
22 Classic - 1

GEOO
07-01-2002, 09:41 PM
X-18 - # 2

undertaker
07-02-2002, 04:11 PM
28ZX - #3

Pegasus
07-11-2002, 02:28 PM
Hello all. I am extending deadline so send in those entries!

JP BRESCIA
07-14-2002, 08:31 PM
1981 classic 18 - #4

Pegasus
07-16-2002, 10:18 AM
Come on you guys! You don't want to miss out on this! Time is running out!

s

Jake
07-16-2002, 01:47 PM
I am trying my hardest to make it, but unfortunately will be boatless. Unless anyone needs a copilot. Maybe I could represent Jackson Marine in their ZXO. What do you think Steph :D Hope to see you there.

Dr. Dan
07-16-2002, 09:26 PM
JP Looking forward to meeting you, that's one hell of an avitar eek! came through super huge on my monitor? Anyway...it would be cool to get a few more of us from the registry to attend...I will be out of town alot over the next few weeks :rolleyes: , I'd hoped Pearson and Brad would grace our presents, pretty sure Frank has an event that same weekend! Looking forward to seeing GEO and Ed the Undertaker again,... :D Doc

Pegasus
07-19-2002, 02:35 PM
WEll Jake I think I may be taking that one out but hey I am sure someone would let you in for the ride or you can buy it yourself! LOL Doc Frank is signed up for the run hon. I have extended the deadline and orders plenty of t-shirts just in case it was an oversite on anyone's part. I have posted more information on our website so pop over there to find out the latest on the run. Hope to see you ALL there! eek!

Air 22
07-19-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm all signed up . Looking forward to a first trip w/ my 22'Classic in the "BAY" Anyone else in a 22" going?

Dr. Dan
07-19-2002, 11:35 PM
Dwight, We Have a 22... :D

Shanghied Again
07-21-2002, 09:53 PM
We are all set to go! :D

Pegasus
07-22-2002, 09:49 AM
Where is Pearson's entry! Yooo hoooo where are you! And Verde???? Come on guys! Get on the Donzi ball! I ordered great weather this year! :D

JP BRESCIA
07-23-2002, 05:38 PM
I am still trying to get this avatar thing correct. Testing... attention please...

JP BRESCIA
07-23-2002, 05:40 PM
one more time.

Pegasus
07-24-2002, 07:41 AM
JP doesn't look like it's working very well LOL Try again! You should be receiving your Poker Run packet in the mail in a day or two.

Where is all those entries? Time is dwindling!

JP BRESCIA
07-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the kind words. wink I did receive the packet the other day. I plotted the course out on some navigation software and I came up with some strange results. I am not sure if it was a computer error or not. When entering the CD canal, it appears we are a bit far south on the numbers. The route is the same angle as the canal, but it shows the waypoints as being on land. It looks like a great run. 72.6 total miles.

Pegasus
08-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Gee I hope I didn't make a boo boo! EEK!

Dr. Dan
08-07-2002, 06:08 AM
Just wanted to toss one more "Life Ring Out" :rolleyes: to capture any more last minute Donzi entries for this weekends event! :cool: Join Mike Miller and me and some of our other Registry Pack and Blast on the Upper Bay! :p details on Stephs Site www.jacksonmarinesales.com (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) ,Driver/Owners meeting Friday nite! eek! See Ya All There!...Doc

Digger
08-09-2002, 06:33 AM
wish I could be there. enjoy the weekend, after the run hoist one or two at the dock for me-

Dr. Dan
08-09-2002, 09:35 AM
:p Will Do :p

Jake
08-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Stuck at work so I can't make it :( Is anyone going to be there for the open house next weekend? Have a blast and be safe.

Pegasus
08-12-2002, 07:05 PM
*SIGH*

Enough said! Hope everyone had a great time! See ya next year! wink