PDA

View Full Version : Clayton NY antique race boats this weekend!

MOP
08-14-2002, 07:30 AM
How many of you are going to make it the Clayton annual race boat show? RT is going and I am doing my best to clear my weekend to join him.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
08-14-2002, 09:25 AM
I'll be there on Saturday with my Dad. No boat this time though. These Raceboat shows have been held every two years since '92. I've been to every one but the 2000 show. :mad: Highly recommended to all.

RT
08-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Flatracer, MOP is going with me. We are staying at Frenchcreek Marina, directly behind the antique boat museum about 3 blocks. We are taking his Donzi, so you will probably find us tied up somewhere near the show. Looking forward to meeting you, Artie.

Digger
08-14-2002, 06:22 PM
My brother Mark (aka: Howe) will be there with Scotty, his Gold Cup racer. Any registry members there please say hello to him, tell him Digger said be careful!!

Extreme Measures
08-14-2002, 09:42 PM
Mop,RT,Flatracer and Digger
My wife and I are going to try to get to Clayton this weekend for the races.Hope to see you all there.I will be driving our red Donzi over if we go so give us a big wave so we can meet all of you.Digger if I see Howie I will tell him that you said to take
it easy this weekend.
:cool: Extreme Measures eek!

RT
08-14-2002, 11:08 PM
Looks like we will not be taking MOP's Donzi. I might bring my SR instead so we can get around.
Will be at Frenchcreek marina right above the boat ramp, Dolphin motorhome,site 10, if anyone wants to stop by.If you do stop by, please leave a note where we can find you if were not there.
Looking forward to meeting some members, Artie.
PS, had a great ride in MOP's boat tonight, real nice running rig.

MOP
08-15-2002, 07:38 AM
Art & I will try to keep an eye open for everyone! Was going to bring Donzi up so we had a toy to play with, was going to leave it a my buddies and bring it back the following weekend. But Sweetie put the KaBosh on that idea :confused: I will be up the next two weekends the last one at Blind Bay one inlet north of Chippawa Bay. If anyone wanders by its the island inside with the Gazebo. EM we will try to spot your boat, Digger what is the name of your brothers boat?

P.S. Art's giggling he knows I will have to preform alot of Honey Do's to make up for our solo jaunt!!!!

abelchinewalker
08-15-2002, 11:02 PM
I won't be able to attend, but my parents will be there with my dad's antique outboard motor display.

Extreme Measures
08-15-2002, 11:37 PM
Mop. I was wondering if you know what time the races start at? The weather looks good for Saturday 26c very little chance of rain.Hope to meet you guys this weekend.Mop here is my cell # 1(613)-539-0677
Take Care Chris
:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

MOP
08-19-2002, 08:00 AM
Well Art and I left thursday evening, met with Moody and gave him the Big T helm and shot the Bull for an hour. Made it up to Clayton in the wee hours, Zzzzzzzed for a bit then got off to the show. I am sorry to say we did not run into our Donzi buddies. I did walk through alot of the close by marinas looking for Donzi's hoping to catch up with some of the guys. Did run into few people from our neck of the woods and Art knows a bunch of people from all over heck. We did get to see some really great boats and some pretty decent racing. Left saturday so we could go cross state to pick up Art's new acquisition an antique 40HP from fresh water. Trip home was a Looong one, it was back to collage week the roads were loaded. Home coming was a good one my sweetie missed me!

RT
08-19-2002, 08:27 AM
While MOP and I were having lunch at Harbor Inn a white Donzi Criterion passed by on a trailer, a club members? also, MOP had his eye on a Sweet 16,
w/cobra drive, on trailer at a marina on Theresa
st, a club members? The show was good, but hope fiberglass infiltrates more in next few years.
Need to see some early Donzis, etc.,to pic up the show. These boats are now eligible and should participate. If there where 10 Donzis present, they probally would have let them run on the race course. The Jersey Skiffs, Hydros, and Antiques all had their own races, 5 laps, about 5 at a time, and I'm sure fiberglass v-bottoms could have one too, if there was enough boats. The next raceboat regatta is in 2004, so some of us should be ready?

08-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Dateline Clayton NY: Outlaw boat racing, once driven underground re-emerges right under APBA's nose.

How 'bout those Skiffs on Saturday? That weren't no exhibition run fellas, that was good old fashioned Skiff racin'! Nice to see real Jersey Skiffs race again without monkey bars. Yeah, there was no clock, no checkered flag, but that was definitely a race. Hope APBA doesn't see these guys having fun under their sanction. They'll pull the plug on that too.

MOP
08-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Them Boys were just having fun! REALLY! But fun for some pretty serious X and current racing guys, it did make for a decent show.

By chance the yellow 88 boat was from my area it was really nice to meet up with with the brothers that owned it, they were in their sixties like myself. They are two fun guys with alot of boat racing and all around boat knowledge.

I did see four people in a white 16 trying to tie up at the race dock but were shooed away, I tried to watch to see if I could meet up with them but lost them in the sauce. So all in all Art and I did manage to see three Donzi's up close.

08-20-2002, 10:53 AM
I saw the "Extreme Measures" pull in, but there again, he got shooed away as the dock space was reserved for A.C.B.S. members that day. So I didn't really have a chance to talk to to anyone. Nice boat though, Chris!

Extreme Measures
08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Flatracer. They told us we could not tie up there until after 4 p.m. So we went over to the town docks by the video camera where you check in.Sorry we missed you maybe next time. Gananoque this weekend 1000 Islands Poker Run Friday till Sunday.
:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

MOP
08-21-2002, 12:04 AM
I'll be up in Blind Bay friday through monday, drop me an E-Mail with your number. Not sure what my Buds got in the water maybe just jet boat and some other toys.

Extreme Measures
08-21-2002, 04:04 PM
MOP My cell phone # is 613-539-0677
Extreme Measures