PDA

View Full Version : AOTH II room mate ?

Sam
11-06-2001, 05:15 PM
I made a reso for a two bedroom cabin at James Town. If anyone is interested in bunking there let me know. If I don't have any takers soon I will switch to a one bedrroom.

Sam

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-06-2001, 05:37 PM
Hey Sam, I was just talking to Scott B about this.... Let me double check with the wife tonight to make darn sure she isn't coming to KY with me. If that be the case I would like to take you up on the offer.

What's the fees etc... shoot me an email and I can mail you some funds, pay on arrival, checkout or however you desire to work it, I am easy.
I can call and arrange another boat slip.
Bryan Tuvell donzi26zx@home.com

Sam
11-06-2001, 06:55 PM
Sounds good Bryan, just let me know what she decides. My wife decided she would rather have a girls weekend, no problem just more speed for me ! I have reserved the cabin begining Thurs 5-9 leaving 5-13. I am flexable with the dates, depending on weather I may stay an extra day. The rate is $60.00(30.00 ea) per night which I think is a good a good deal. The women I talked to said they were clean and have been updated so it can't be that bad. As long as the sheets are clean and the water is hot I'm a happy camper.

As far as slips I have not reserved anything, I was going to ask Scott what he recomended. Did you attend last year ? if so what would you recomend. If you need to e-mail me just give me a shout at sampilato@mediaone.net

Sam

Sam
11-06-2001, 07:03 PM
Bryan, just so you know this is at the Jamestown Resort.

Sam

boldts
11-06-2001, 08:33 PM
Sam,
Dock all depends on whether you want to launch your boat every morning. There is docking available for guest and being early in the season, is usually not a problem. However, if you dock the boat in a dock that is reserved for someone, you will be asked to move. Personally, I'd recomend reserving a dock for your boat. Part of the events purpose is to display our boats and bring onlookers interest to Donzi boats. It's your call. There are 80 docks available to be reserved. I'm working with Jamestown Resort to keep all our boats together and our trailers safe. More information as I finalise. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Sam, I am in, I just discussed it with Nancy.

I was there last year, great time. I am not sure where the cabins are on the site but they have to be close... I recommend two slips, if you plan to pull her out at night the walk to trailer parking is about 1/2 mile up hill, steep grade too.... painful.....

If you want I can just call and pay for the two slips ($10 each daily) now and you cover the room and I will make up the difference when we meet. I think they charge you for one night when you make your reservation. At check in each key is $10 cash refundable too.
Let me know, and thank you.

One day next week I will call ya and discuss everything. Shoot me your phone number in an email.

I don't want to delay too long on booking the slips...
Thanks again
Bryan

Sam
11-07-2001, 07:33 PM
Bryan, check your e-mail.

Sam

boldts
11-07-2001, 08:40 PM
Sam,
F.Y.I. I believe Bryan left for Erie, PA to pick-up his new 26ZX Donzi today. I think he had a 3 day trip planned. Look for a reply probably over the weekend. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-11-2001, 05:07 PM
Sam, just called Jamestown, I spoke to David who spoke to the "manager" and they are only reserving slips for boats 20' feet and under for their slips... I offered to pay for the whole week etc, got no where.

That was in addition to they said if I don't have a room I can't reserve anything!

I will try to call Freida, Tina or Stacy tomorrow and get things straight. I will call you once things are ironed out.

Scott B, have you heard about anything like this?

Bryan

Sam
11-11-2001, 05:15 PM
Well that sounds like a lot of BS ! I'll try and give them a call myself tomarrow and see what happens. Just as an FYI here is our confermation number for the cabin, 212569.

Sam

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-11-2001, 05:24 PM
Thanks Sam, we will get it right.
Sorry for not calling ya yet. Soon.
Been BUSY here, in fact I am at work as I type trying to catch up from a week off.

Bryan

boldts
11-11-2001, 08:18 PM
Bryan, Sam, everyone. I'll call Freida tomorrow morning. I just talked to her Friday night and nothing was mentioned about the size of the boat. The Lake Cumberland Poker Run had boats in the 40 to 50 plus size range. We also had a 28' ZX at this years gathering, so this David evidently dosn't know what he's talking about. I'll tell you guys what, much more of this and we'll move the whole event to the state park and the State Dock located there. I'm really getting tired of being told one thing and then finding out from you guys that someone from Jamestown has told you differently.

Owen, Todd and everyone. I spoke to Freida about use of the lower parking lot for our trailer parking. I was told no. It seems that that area of the parking lot is used for the boating customers who have their boats docked at the Jamestown marina. As I remeber from this year's event, the only day that every parking space was full, was Saturday. Maybe a hired gun for the trailer lot while we're there is in order. Freida is looking into a parking lot for boat trailers that is located between the town of Jamestown and the resort. Of course, there is a charge for the use of this lot and while I don't like having to deal with the extra driving to a off-resort trailer parking lot, I also do not want anyone to be uncomfortable about where there trailer is being stored during the event. These recent developements are really pushing me to the state park lodge where I kept my boat and trailer right out in front of my room this year. During the poker run this summer, I kept my boat tied up at the state dock marina, under cover, and in a 60' dock. When you split the $65 cost 4 or 5 ways, it's a great value.

I hope to have better news for you Monday evening. Thank-you for your patience.

Last Tango
11-11-2001, 09:52 PM
Scott,
So far, I haven't had any trouble with the Jamestown folks. I made my reservations for room and boat months ago, and had no problems getting confirmed. So perhaps we just need a consistent point of contact at the Jamestown. I wasn't all that warm and fuzzy about my trailer being parked up the hill, either, but nobody messed with it or the brand new spare tire. I think we all need to take a deep breath here, and stick to the game plan. Either that or I completely missed the thread where everyone complained about how bad the 2001 event was. (Note: If you don't see that last comment as tongue-in-cheek-humor, then you weren't there, ...and you damn well better be this coming year).
Scott, you're doing a great job, so don't let a few glitches make it hard on you.
Mark

Formula Jr
11-12-2001, 04:17 AM
I agree with Mark here. For 2002 we're set for Jamestown. Scott, you're doing a great job, regardless of where Freita is on the lot stuff. Relax, this is going to the great, any way you shake it. Guys, the State Camp Grounds ARE pretty cool but you have to be discrete with the boat sodas. I'll probably get there earily and can lock out some of the more interesting loops by buying up the spaces. There is no discount here, but at <15 a night who gives a fig. Its a great deal all around, and Jamestown has a large two hour dock area. For 2003, Yes, drive the hard bargin, or we're at the State Lodge - an also really cool place with an indoor pool and golf course. Its so odd in this area that they have divided up all these places as seperate entities. The State Lodge is one thing, the State Docks another, and again the State Camp Grounds another still.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-12-2001, 05:02 AM
Thanks Scott, I too agree that it was a cool place, probably simple error on this Davids part and the night time manager.

If you remember last year I had slip problems too, they would not give me my assignment until check in time....

No biggie, we'll get it straigtened out.
Bryan

Sam
11-12-2001, 03:53 PM
Bryan, check your e-mail I sent you a note today. As an option I have no problem with the State park lodge. It would clear up any problem relating to dockage for your boat. Since I have never been there I will have to look for direction from those who have, did you stay there last year. Let me know nothing is written in blood.

Sam

TD
11-12-2001, 04:40 PM
Just a thought: Last year I stayed up the hill at the cabins, though not alot of room, why not stack a few trailers in the parking spaces for the cabins, and drive back down to the parking lot. My cabin space could handle a couple of trailers last year, but thats' not any guarantee that nothing would be missing :D This type of thing I believe to be an isolated event that could happen at any ramp USA. :cool:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-12-2001, 04:51 PM
Hi Sam, just tried to call ya....
Spoke with Scott B a few minutes ago, he will get with them again tomorrow since you got the same answer I did.
Many of us were larger than 20' last year and it was not an issue.... The slips are plenty big. Plus their site discusses overhang, ie if you hang over a couple feet there is a small charge!
Still early yet, it will all get worked out by our man Scott B.
Talk at ya later.
Bryan

Formula Jr
11-13-2001, 05:55 PM
Just for giggles, here is a photo of last year's camp site. Though you can't clearly see it, there's a huge pile of fire wood off to the left under cover. ;) Unfortunately, I wasn't surrounded by a bunch of drunken, loud mouth Donzi owners. :D

http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell213.jpg

Last Tango
11-14-2001, 06:22 AM
To those concerened about trailers and walking,

I'm not certain why anyone would have to "walk" up the hill to the trailer parking area. You drive your car and trailer up the hill, drop and LOCK your trailer, then drive back down the hill and park right next to the hotel. Even if you are single-handed, any walking you might do would be on the flat. Only the stairway down to the slips from the hotel need be walked (actually a scenic and aerobically enjoyable two whole minutes).
For those not there last year, the trailer issue is NOT. I know, at first even I fretted about the car here, the trailer there, the boat somewhere else, but that happens at my home anyway when my boat is in the dry storage building at the marina. Since your trailer will not be part of the display festivities for AOTH, any "show" trailers can be left at home and you can rent a trailer for the event that can be written-off your car insurance if it is stolen. Put your trailer-mounted spare in the trunk of your car if you are truly concerned about that. Put locking lug nuts on your custom rims and tires if you have them.
These suggestions not only apply to AOTH, but to ANY event or ANY time you take your trailer to ANY ramp to leave it for ANY amount of time. Believe me, the economy of Cumberland Lake does NOT depend on stripping your boat trailer.
Come to the event and have a fun, RELAXED, time. Scott has gone to a LOT of effort to make this event the premier Donzi Gathering that it is.
I'll see you all there! I'll be bringing the (formerly) Worlds Most Expensive Classic 18, Last Tango, again, and I can't wait to raft up at The Falls!
Scott, thanks again for all your hard work.
Mark :cool:

roadtrip se
11-14-2001, 10:51 AM
Reservations are made for the Texas contingent as of today.
This trailer thing is not that big of a deal.
I was the one that ended up with a missing bow stop at AOTH1. Solution? Park down in the lower lot like a dozen of us did last year and ignore the little warning notices the local rent-a-cop will post on your windshield. Poddle and I actually started a contest to see who could collect the most paper. We were not in anybody's way, so no harm done... Todd

boldts
11-14-2001, 05:31 PM
Everyone,
I spoke to Freida today. It seems there was some confusion about not only trailers, but the size of the boats we could bring. Freida was out of town over the weekend. She said she set everyone straight. I told her that we had been told no boats over 20' in the docks. She assured me that we were OK and that you all with the big Donzi boats are fine also. I know for a fact that there were boats in the 50' size range for the Poker Run. Not to mention, 80% of the boats at AOTH were over 20' long.

Freida was also sorry to hear that a trailer had been vandalised. She is currently getting me information on an off-sight locked and guarded trailer parking site for those interested near Jamestown.

Owen - I can see the flames already. Still trying to decide where Beth, Allison and I are going to stay. Docking favors the State Park, being in the heart of the Donzi family favors Jamestown. So many choices!

Mark - Thank-you for your comments. As I've told you all, with-out you, there would be no AOTH. I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to enjoy my Donzi with the many of you I met this year.

One more thing - For those of you who were at the Awakening this year. Some of you may remember the boys on the houseboat at the falls. It seems they liked our idea so much, that Crownline boats are going to hold a gathering at Lake Cumberland in June next year. They to are making Jamestown their home base. Our new goal? Not 80 Donzi boats, but hundreds. When they show pictures of their gathering in some magazine, we want to say "Where are all the boats?" "When we were here in May, all you could see were Donzis has far as the eyes could see!" Any of you 45ZX owners into bringing your boats inland? No problem, if you all want to come to a beautiful lake with-out your boats, you know your welcome. There is room in my 18' if you'd like to feel that seat of the pants ride again. Doesn't matter what model you own, bring it to Kentucky and have a wonderful 5 to 6 days!

Freida also gave me a new Phone Number to make reservations for those of you who need it. I'll also update the Club's web page with this number. 1-800-830-5131 :)