PDA

View Full Version : BIG donzi gathering

donziclassik18
10-30-2001, 03:34 PM
what about getting all the donzi clubs together for a week once a summer at a place like lake Havasu in arizona?

Last Tango
10-30-2001, 06:58 PM
Naturally, I'm all for that, since my son, his wife, and our grand daughter live in Lake Havasu City. Super long tow from Jacksonville, FL, but I'd definitely fly out to that location. Note that the West Coast gang has been organizing a major event and LHC was suggested but lost in favor of a different location. Check the threads back a couple months and see what their thinking was then.
Mark

boldts
10-30-2001, 09:10 PM
donziclassik18,

That in essence is already happening. Most of our gatherings are attended by Donzi owners who also attend other gatherings has time and dollars allow. This year, I attended a gathering in South East Michigan, Lake Cumberland, KY and Sarasota, FL. There are more than this to attend, but I only have 2 weeks of vacation. I am trying to attend at least 2 other gatherings besides AOTH which I am the organizer of. Next year, I'd like to get to one of the Lake George gatherings and maybe the Eufala gathering. The following year, I'd like to get up to the Lake Winni Poker Run. If the west coast pulls a gathering together, I'd like to travel out west. Of course the Sarasota Donzi Owners Rally is also high on my list. (Any chance we can get the big Donzis to join us on a fresh water lake in Florida?) Just kidding Mike. It was a wonderful weekend! I agree with you though, it would be so cool to have one gathering somewhere in America where every Donzi owner in America and Canada gathered once a year. I know how hard it is to put on a gathering. It's more than just telling owners to show up. If I didn't enjoy my Donzi and the challenge, the Midwest Donzi Club and AOTH would have never been started. I applaude everyone who has started a Donzi club and is holding gatherings for Donzi owners to attend. :)