PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought for AOTH

Sam
10-29-2001, 07:01 PM
Scott(Boldts), I have a thought I would like to run past you and the rest of the Donzi owners planing on going to Lk Cumberland. What if we took a couple of hours one day to have a garage sale of sorts. I know I have a few props along with some other boating gear that I would love to sell. Let me know !

Sam

Last Tango
10-29-2001, 08:29 PM
Sam,
I like your idea, too. I don't have anything myself to sell, but you never know what treasure I might find in somebody elses stuff. I don't know why we haven't really done this before at the various gatherings. Maybe this is just the really biggest one so far, thanks to Scott's efforts. Might also have a "tech" session from a prop supplier or someone that would apply to everybody. Also would be interesting to have some sort of Donzi trivia quiz for prizes. Also, we might want to invite an after-market suppier of performance boating parts or safety gear to show their goodies. I know I would like a life vest like Bolts wears.
Mark :cool:

Sam
10-29-2001, 09:18 PM
Mark, I have enough stuff to have my own sale down there, that comes from being a fleet captin. Let's hope we can move this idea along,thanks for your interest.

Sam

Dennis
10-30-2001, 06:18 AM
Sam, you said you have props? any Volvo??

boldts
10-30-2001, 02:55 PM
Sam,

Sounds like a good idea to me. I especially like the idea of inviting parts or performance companies to the event. At the Poker Run, their were companies from Columbus, OH there. It was an engine building company. It would also be very cool if maybe these companies would help with the sponsorship of the event. A poker run sponsor would be outstanding since we are planning a poker run on Saturday. Sandollar Yacht and RV Sales sponsored a Mother's Day breakfast for us this year. For those who were able to stay Sunday morning, it was teriffic and much appreciated. The altimate sponsorship would be 5 different sponsors picking up one meal on one day of the event. My only concern with this idea is whether the Resort would be open to us spreading our wares out flea market style in the parking lot. If someone would like to help by calling the resort and asking the question and they are OK with it, it's cool by me. I would suggest that we hold this on Friday so that folks buying items would have a chance to use the items while on the water.

Mark - The life jackets that both Beth and I are using have automatic or mannual inflator canisters. They are very comfortable. Even more than a ski vest. Ours are the mannual version where we must pull a ripcord to inflate them. The automatic ones inflate when they get wet. The autos are more expensive, but if you were to be knocked out, at least your vest would inflate by itself. I purchased ours at Boat US. :)

Sam
10-30-2001, 03:41 PM
Scott, I had invisioned a somewhat quite sale that we could run right out of our vechicles. Just pop the trunk,open the hatch or drop the gate, nothing fancy. The locals wouldn't even know what was going on. The last thing we need to worry about is permits and such.

We may want to consider publishing a list of things for sale just prior to the event. That way everyone will have a day or two to scan the items for sale.

What I don't want is to make any more work for you. The object is for every one to have fun.

Sam