PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Owner's Rally

abelchinewalker
10-14-2001, 08:08 PM
Once again the Millers pull off another first class event. My family and I met a lot of great people this weekend and heard a few more stories from Brownie. Hopefully there will be another one next year so that those of you who missed it can attend.

Excellent job Mike and Nick!

Sincerely

Donnie Abel :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

boldts
10-15-2001, 10:28 PM
I second Donnie's comments. Mike and Nick, GREAT JOB!! Mr. Brown, it was fantastic to get to meet you. I have to tell you, I felt like what it must have been like racing your 19' Hornet in my 18' Classic on Saturday. It was so cool to see the news articles and pictures in your scrap book from when you were racing. Mike (Sara Bay Real Estate), Thank-you very much for the ride in your 33' Crossbow on Sunday. It's really a beautiful Donzi and rides like a limo compared to my 18.

I had a wonderful trip home. I stopped at a fresh water lake off I-75 in northern FL to rinse out the engine and my trailer. I backed the boat in and started her up. The launch ramp was back off the lake in a channel that led to a river. The exhaust echoed through the trees and I thought sounded very cool. How-ever, all the fishermen on a nearby bridge said a big THANK-YOU when I finally shut her off after about a half hour of running. I told them I was sorry and explained I was running the engine to clean the salt out of it. They then said they understood. As I enter the state of GA, I saw 2 brand new Baha upper 20' boats on a flatbed tractor trailer. These boats are built in Ohio where I was heading home. Has I entered Atlanta, GA I saw a Magnum (yellow) with twin outboards on a bracket off the back heading south. I only saw this boat because something told me to go through Atlanta rather than taking the by-pass. Atlanta is a beautiful city with memories from the olypics when they were held there. It was also cool to see Don Garlets Drag Racing Museum in Ocala, FL. As I traveled through TN, I saw a 50' Cary on a flatbed tractor trailer. The odd thing about when I saw it was right before I came to the Caryville, TN off-ramp exit. Funny how things happen in life. Driving through KY, there is a place along 75 where you can see the east end of Lake Cumberland. Of course seeing this brought back the memories of the weekend I had spent there with many of the friends I made there and saw again this weekend in Sarasota. I figured out why we enjoy traveling to these gatherings, It's so we can spend 2 hours cleaning the road grime off of our boats with a smile as on-lookers admire them. I hope everyone else got home safely and had as wonderful a time as I had this weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Lake Cumberland next May 9th through the 14th. :)