PDA

View Full Version : AOTH II (2002)

Sam
10-09-2001, 09:07 PM
I know most of us northerners have not even put our boats away for the winter but I would like to take a poll. I have commited to myself to make the trip from Mich to the 2002 AOTH. Is there anyone else in the Mich/Ohio area that would like to join me. If you put it on your calender now it will be that much harder to back out next spring. Randy Wright, Ranman,Freeplay,Donzified,Oldredalert,Jroot,
Sagbay, Brad,Tony, Dennis,Jim Powell how about it guy's ?

Sam

Ranman
10-10-2001, 08:00 AM
Sam, I plan to make the trip. Is there a firm date yet?

Dennis
10-10-2001, 10:29 AM
I won't be able to make it! I'm a marine surveyour and I get REAL busy!
Did anyone go out on the lake over the weekend??? Really Big Water with that wind!!!

Bandit
10-10-2001, 11:18 AM
Ranman,

It's May 9th - 14th.

boldts
10-10-2001, 03:07 PM
Here is the link to the Midwest Donzi Club's web site. http://www.mwdonziclub.com Once you get to the site, click on the Awakening button. It will take you to a page that has most of the information for the event including web sites for local information. Next years schedule is being planned and set-up currently, but there is a basic idea layed out. Remember to tell the person you make your reservations with that you are a member of the Midwest Donzi Club and you will receive a 10% discount on your room. I'm working on getting that discount increased this year especially since they more than make up for a discount in their fuel sales alone. If you have questions, my name along with all the members of the club are located by clicking on the members button. Call or e-mail anytime. :)

Sam
10-10-2001, 03:31 PM
Ranman, well that makes two of us, let's see if we can't talk it up. By the way, did you get the pic I sent you ?

Sam

jwright
10-10-2001, 07:08 PM
I am planning on going. Not sure if I am able to caravan down with you guys, I will probably take a different route through Indianapolis.
Never to early to talk about next season!

Sam
10-10-2001, 08:51 PM
Sounds good Jeff, as time goes on we will have to get together in one form or another to discuss travel plans.

Sam

boldts
10-10-2001, 10:21 PM
Gentlemen,
Peter Beck came down from northern OH. He met us in Cincinati where four of us met to continue on to KY. If your coming down I-75, maybe Peter would be interested in connecting up with you all. We all joined up in Cincy around 08:00AM, but we really don't need to leave that early. Just a thought.

freeplay
10-11-2001, 09:29 AM
sounds good to me , count me in.

sam, any word about the club yet?

dennis~ it was definatly a rough one last saturday. I was getting "sea-sick" (kidding) on the ferry over to the island.

chalk another great season up guy's~ I'm high and dry. cheers........chris ;)

Dennis
10-11-2001, 07:24 PM
Freeplay I was gettin alot of air!!! ran 45 mph to Gull Island and back and only dipped the bow 1 time. I'll be in till November. I use the boat ride, for a reason to get away, and have a beer, fill that need for SPEED even if I have to wear a snowmobile suit- I'm goin!!! I 've had it in till X-mas ( the snow squalls are interesting) I got cought in one last Febuary with an outboard and ran aground on the Sni - I had to get out and push

freeplay
10-12-2001, 11:49 AM
Dennis>>> one word "psycho"..hahaha

If your out and about you know where the house is on the island (buoy 27 S.Channel) if the blinds are open stop in for a "cold one"

cheers......chris

Dennis
10-13-2001, 06:15 AM
I will do that!! a good destination point!
Thanks for the offer

Tony
10-14-2001, 08:12 PM
I am also planning on going again. As the date approaches I'll know more about departure/return dates.

Last Tango
10-15-2001, 10:20 PM
Bolts,
Sorry you had such a tough weekend in Sarasota. It will be much easier in Palatka. But, I wanted you to know I got my Room Reservation confirmation slip today from the hotel for AOTH 2002
Are YOU going to organize the slip allocation or are we leaving that up to the hotel again?
Mark :cool:

boldts
10-15-2001, 10:41 PM
Mark,
Saturday at Sota was fun in my book. Sunday morning was the hard part as I attempted to get out of bed. Ha Ha. Wish I could get back down to FL to attend the Palatka gathering. I'm sure it will be a great time. As I launched my boat at Sota, there was a man there who asked why so many Donzis were in the area. I told him about the Owners Rally. I saw him again as I was making my boat ready for the trip home. I told him about the Palatka event, but I wasn't sure of the dates, so I gave him the donzi.net web site address so he could look them up and find out about all our gatherings. He seemed to be very interested in seeing Donzi boats as offen as possible. Get someone to take pictures for us who can't be there. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Kentucky again next year. I'll talk to Freida to make sure we can keep all our Donzis together. Of course if we reserve all the docks available, there will be no way we won't all be together. 80 Donzis or bust!! Currently working on getting an announcement in has many boat mags as possible so that Donzi owners who don't know about donzi.net will know about the gathering. :)

Hardonzi
10-16-2001, 07:50 PM
I too am making plans to attend AOTH 2..My first event was Sarasota,and I had a great time..This time I`ll have the wife and another couple.I`m looking for Tom from Ft.Meyers Fla. and his 28zx.He mentioned he might go also,thought we could caravan.He was the one with the little cutie Shelby who donated her 250.00 to the Red Cross.
:D

GEOO
10-18-2001, 07:33 PM
Scot, I have my room and dock booked. I can't wait for one of the largest Donzi outings. I hear all types of rumors, Poker Run's, Lake Cruises, Afternoon's rafting up at 76 Falls, Lunches, Barbecues, Radar shoot out's, WOW, This could be one Action Packed Week. Now all I need to to have Mighty Mouse in Tip Top Shape?? GEOO :rolleyes:

boldts
10-18-2001, 10:53 PM
Geoo,
Glad you'll be coming to AOTH II. Your Donzi is a hit where ever you take it. Next year let me help you with the video so we can get some shots of you and it in action. Also, are you up for giving a camara man from Power Boat TV a ride? Still working on that one. I've asked them to do a piece on Donzi boats at our event for the show that is on SpeedVision. We'll see if they like the idea. Sure would be cool to see our boats on TV. :D

Crazy Horse
10-23-2001, 06:06 PM
Mrs. & Mr. Crazy Horse are thinking of making the (long) trip. Could I please get some suggestions for a hotel/boat slip, etc? Then once I have the info I will attempt to get the other Lake Winnie nuts on board...Thanks.

Tomahawk
10-23-2001, 09:40 PM
Mr. & Mrs. Crazy - Check out the #5 post on this thread by Scott Boldt. The info on AOTH II is at www.mwdonziclub.com. (http://www.mwdonziclub.com.) We are staying at Jamestown Resort. It's a nice resort on beautiful, deep and clear Lake Cumberland in a fabulous setting in Kentucky in the Spring. MA. is a bit of a drive but Donzi owners will be coming from far and wide.Michigan to Florida, Conneticut to Texas. Long distance this year was Formula Jr. from Oregon! Y'all can do this. Talk to GEOO and Frank from up your way.
Looking forward to meeting you folks. :cool:

TD
10-24-2001, 07:57 AM
Just got off the phone with Jamestown Resort. Made my resevations. They had cabins and suites left, but no rooms. People, you had better make your reservations soon! This event is great!!! If you want to go to one Donzi club event, this one is the granddaddy of them all!!!!! Eighty boats will happen this year! Be there of be square. Lake Cumberland is an extremely beautiful watershed and so is that part of Kentucky. It is a very pretty time of the year as well.
Enough selling on this event. It's your loss if you miss this one.
Thanks Scott for putting this event on.
Let me know if I can help!!!!

TD :)

boldts
10-24-2001, 09:38 PM
Folks,

I placed a call to Freida at the Jamestown Resort today. She was out so I'll try again tomorrow. Be sure and tell them when you make your reservations that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club. Right now, it's worth 10% off your room. I'm pushing for a bigger discount. We also have rooms set aside for our AOTH II. I'm concerned that TD said they told him there were no more rooms. That should not be the case. Like I said, I'll check into it tomorrow. TD, thank-you for the overwelming comments about the gathering. I'm looking to make it even bigger and better this coming May. Working on a few surprises at this momment. :)

boldts
10-25-2001, 03:31 PM
Alright everyone. I talked to the Jamestown Resort Personel and it seems if you don't tell them you are with the Midwest Donzi Club, what TD said is true. All they have are cabins and suites. Of course, if you and some friends want to stay in a cabin, that is still an option you can choose. Just be sure to tell them you are with the club so that the discount is applied. Although it is located across the channel from the Jamestown Resort, another option is to reserve a room at the Lake Cumberland State Park Lodge. The State Dock Marina which is located below the park on the lake offers covered docks and open docks for your use and again, if you have friends and want to share a covered dock with them, the cost of $65 per day for the dock can be split by 4 or 5 boats. These are houseboat docks that are rented out for visitors use. Very large and plenty of space for numerous Donzis. The State Park is offering a 10% discount to Club members also. If you have questions, feel free to e-mail or call me anytime. :)

roadtrip se
10-26-2001, 08:30 AM
Finally had a chance to take a peek at the video from the AOTH1. Kudos to George and Tom for the professional job of putting it together. Many memories and smiles of a perfect weekend.

Trying to decide on whether to attend AOTH2?
Make a $15 investment in this video and see the boats, the people, and this beautiful place.

The decison will be much easier for you!!!!!!!!!

Sam
10-26-2001, 06:15 PM
Ok you talked me into it I'll order one. Hey Scott (Boltd) I made my reso today for AOTH II, I can't wait. Let's get a head count from all the Mich boats that are going.

Sam

boldts
10-26-2001, 09:28 PM
Sam,

Currently there are 9 Michigan Members of the Midwest Donzi Club. Thats a heck of a Caravan coming down if everyone makes the trip.

boldts
10-27-2001, 03:35 PM
Those of you who own ZF model Donzis. Madpoddle mentioned on the Palatka event topic that he may bring his center console to AOTH II. No problem, all are welcome.(We know you own a Donzi and the picture tower is a good idea.) Classic, Z, ZX, Hornet, GT, Corisican, Criterian, Regazza, and of course the fishing community of Donzi owners. Stripers are readily available on the lake and are they big. It was cool to see the charters cleaning their catches at Conley Bottom where we had lunch this past May. :)

boldts
10-27-2001, 11:04 PM
Finally got a chance to add some much needed options to the Midwest Donzi Club website. Thank-you Scot VanAlstine for the suggestions. There are now links to a MapQuest Map showing where the Jamestown Resort and the Lake Cumberland State Park are located. Take a look at http://www.mwdonziclub.com/index1.htm and click on the MapQuest icon above the Awakening of the Horses engine.

Formula Jr
10-27-2001, 11:57 PM
Scott, did the trailer parking thing ever get worked out at Jamestown Resort. The lot just across the bridge by the main building looked perfect for both boat parking and an "on the hard" show.

I can tell you guys that the camp grounds are very nice, but a long drive to Jamestown by car. They do not reserve but it was only 1/4 full in May. I think it was 13.50 or so per night and they have showers, laundry, site water and power. You just have to launch early as the park ramp lot fills up during the weekend.

Sam
10-28-2001, 08:37 AM
Scott, is Jamestown the center/gathering point for AOTH ?

boldts
10-28-2001, 11:30 AM
Sam,
Jamestown Resort is ground 0 for AOTH II. BE SURE AND TELL THE PERSON TAKING YOUR RESERVATION THAT YOU ARE WITH THE MIDWEST DONZI CLUB otherwise you will be told there are no rooms available. We will meet there before leaving on the daily activities. We have the use of the Yacht Club which is on the water every day except Saturday when a weding party is scheduled. (We will use another meeting room at the resort on that day.) The State Park is an optional place to stay. It is a short 5 min. boat ride to Jamestown and has State Dock Marina which offers covered boat slips which are not available at Jamestown. In reference to Formula Jr's comment about needing to launch early, on the weekend, this is very true. Here again if you wish to avoid this, docking at State Dock Marina both open and covered eliminates the need to launch every day unless you wish to do so. I was not particulary happy with the trailer parking at Jamestown. It is in a lot off the main entrance at the top of the hill from the launch ramp. Jamestown Resort would not allow us to keep the trailers in the lodge parking lot, but I will talk to Freida about this issue. I am planning to stay at Jamestown next year and have the same concerns about where my trailer will be parked. A plus for the State Park lodge where I stayed this year is that I was able to keep the boat right by my room. I like Jamestown Resort, but nothing says that if we can get better service else where, that we can't move our meeting place. Thanks for the questions and concerns. Keep them coming, because I over-look things sometimes and with folks traveling the distances their traveling, I'd like everyone to have a memorable time at AOTH II.

Sam
10-28-2001, 11:41 AM
Thanks Scott, I made my reso at Jamestown, a two bedroom cabin. If Jeff Wright doesen't get back to me soon I may be looking for a roomy.

Jeff if your out there check your e-mail !

Sam

Dr. Dan
10-31-2001, 06:36 PM
Scott, The Doctor Is In The House, I made our reservations for one of the Deluxe Suites with the Water Slide in the Bedroom and a Firemans Pole down to the Boat Slip right below our Room, Parachute is otional! See Ya There...Danny & Liz :D

Formula Jr
10-31-2001, 07:25 PM
If Freida can come back and say, "That lower lot is all your's" then I will sign up for a room at the Jamestown Resort - as much as that hurts my cheap butt tendences....

I mean, we should own this place for the week we are all there. And that lot is a perfect focal point and safe from all those bow stop stealing bastards we know infest that area. That said, this will be worked out, and AOTH II WILL be the largest gathering of DONZI in the history of mankind.

P.S. Hey, I just got my AOTH I Video. Wow! Is that too Cool! What a great way to fill in the names, faces and boats for next year. I think I'll go watch it again right now......

bverd
10-31-2001, 07:37 PM
Strippers :eek: :eek: .... Oooooooooh... StrIpers. Got it.

Formula Jr
11-05-2001, 07:33 PM
Is there anyone else on the Left Coast seriously considering a trek to this event? Cause if there is, I would like to work out an intinary to stopping places and interesting lakes to splash along the way. I would not be following back though on the same time line as I'll be heading further East after the event. Unless you too want to run the Chesapeak for a week or so.

Sam
11-05-2001, 07:59 PM
Looking for a roommate ! I have a reso for a two bedroom cabin at Jamestown for AOTH II. If anyone is interested in bunking with me let me know. If I don't have any takers I am going to swith to a one bedroom and go solo.

Sam

EricG
11-06-2001, 09:51 AM
Jr...I so much wish I could say I was going to try to caravan with you....I was gonna give it a shot - but then the condo association stepped in.....not gonna be the money for a cross country trip this year :(...but now I've got 18 months to plan for AOTH III. Unless another west coaster steps up, looks like you're the lonely travelor again....

EG

Formula Jr
11-06-2001, 11:52 AM
Oh, Eric.....Eric...Eric
You know these things never happen till you toss caution to the wind. I mean, you are still a young guy, not like Jeff who is far too old to do something like this. :)
We're talking about a once in a life time adventure where your boat becomes a part of self, and each lake splashed is a new and interesting adventure. I have to say, I do like doing this stuff by myself, with no deadlines, and filling out the list of places to see. I think Americans have forgotten how fantastic this county is, we have every type of land form and every type of water play out there. We can only hope to become as big as the country we live in. Todd set the bar, coming all the way from TX. When I saw that, it was a muster call for the PNW. I think a west coast contingent needs to be at AOTH II and somebody has to bring an actual Donzi this time: Even if the whole idea is basicly insane.

Peter Beck
11-06-2001, 07:04 PM
I am planning to go to AOTH II but I may not come down until the 10th. I would be happy to meet anyone on the way down.
Peter

roadtrip se
11-07-2001, 11:30 PM
I like your attitude Owen. It's probably time to start beating the drum for the hardcore Donzi-heads west of the Mississippi.
I am hoping that our highly esteemed Harbormaster and the River rat will be joining the Texas contingent this year. Gentlemen, consider yourselves formally notified and invited to THE Donzi event of the year! Todd

Tomahawk
12-16-2001, 11:44 AM
The Georgia contingent for this event is growing. Come on Skip Phebus and Mike Boone, hook up those 28's and caravan on up with us. Alabama guys, you would be welcome to join us early on the 9th in Cartersville on I-75 for a mongo Donzi caravan to AOTH II. Florida too of course.
This is going to be so cool! :cool:

boldts
12-16-2001, 06:33 PM
For those of you heading to AOTH II from the Ohio, Michigan or anyone using I-75 or I-71 in Ohio to go to Kentucky, we are again planning to meet in Cincinati before heading on down to Lake Cumberland. We will meet at the Bob Evens located at the I-71 and Phieffer Road exit. Plans are to have coffee and donunts to eat while everyone arrives. There is a large parking lot behind the Bob Evans along with fuel available if needed before continuing on the trip. This year, we left this spot at 08:30 a.m. and then made a stop later for breakfast and fuel in the boats.

Since some of our club members may not be attending the "Awakening II", I'd like to get a better number of the people attending. Once you have made your reservations, please send me an e-mail to confirm your attendance. scott@mwdonziclub.com Thanks, Scott Boldt

http://www.donzi.net/photos/sboldtohcaravan01.jpg

Formula Jr
12-19-2001, 09:40 AM
Are we starting the list already?

Owen Saffell
Steven Saffell
Jasper, OR / Annapolis, MD
73 GT21 light blue.
VHF 51 "Formula JR" ( or lets decide on a channel)
State Campground.
Arriving earily from MD.
Leaving Late for points West.

Dr. Dan
12-19-2001, 07:02 PM
We will be leaving from South Central Pa. on either Wednesday night or Thursday(May 9th) early a.m.! Probably I-70 West, not sure on route yet, who wants to be part of the Mid-Atlantic, East Coast Caravan? It would be cool, Brad, Bryan, Scott or Frank any takers? Let me know!... :D ...Doc

marcdups
12-19-2001, 07:03 PM
Ok Guys, gimme " A reason " Not to come, anyone from North Carolina making the trip??
Alex Guess and you guys from Charlotte/ lake Norman??

Alex still want to see your boat!!

boldts
12-19-2001, 07:26 PM
Marcdups,
Check with David Ledford out of Charlotte. He owns a 29 Z and attended this years "Awakening" You can find his number at the Midwest Donzi Clubs website by clicking on the Members button. www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) While your there, become a member. All are welcome!

Philip47
12-19-2001, 09:46 PM
I would like to go even though i will be bringinmg a 22' apache vs a Donzi, if I could i would like to caravan with the Alabama Gang and share a room with Sam??? What do you think??? Sam you still need a roomy???? I have the ugliest Dodge tow vehicle on earth!!!

boldts
01-08-2002, 05:34 PM
Well everyone, Tomorrow we are exactly 5 months away from this years "Awakening of the Horses II" I received an e-mail from Freida at Jamestown Resort. Nice that she now has an e-mail address so I can talk more frequently with her. She didn't give me any new answers to our questions, but she did ask if everyone had made their reservations. She wants to open the rooms we have reserved to everyone else.

I have not responded because I don't want to give up any of our rooms if I don't have to. Just a friendly reminder. If you haven't made reservations for one of the best Donzi shows and largest gatherings in the Midwest, you need to make them soon.

Our goal is 80 Donzis at Lake Cumberland this year. I know we can do it. If you need some incentive, I have a few videos from last year's event. This is a large lake with plenty of room to let the horses run. You won't be disappointed.

Enough said. I'd be happy if only 1 other Donzi owner shows up. I had never seen so many Donzi boats in one place until this website and the folks who frequent it convinced me we needed to gather in the Midwest and thus, the Midwest Donzi Club was formed. Yes, my first attempt at a gathering was a little unorganized, but with the help of many of you, it turned out to be the time of my life. I was in heaven! I can't wait until the many friends I met last year and am continuing to meet daily, meet once again on Lake Cumberland. smile.gif

Hope to see you soon!
Scott

Sam
01-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Scott, not knwowing what you have planed, it might be fun to have all the Donzi owners make up a 5x8 tent card with thier names and boat specs on it. This could be diplayed if there is to be a centeral meeting one of the days, similar to when you did the interviews on your video. We also might want to look into some type of I.D., when I go to trade shows I usualy have one that I wear around my neck, just a thought.

Sam

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-09-2002, 05:44 PM
Keep the counter ticking Scott, you did great last year and this year will be better for sure since more Donzi folks are coming!

ASK Frieda to MAKE SURE all the slips are together, last year her story was she could NOT tell you your slip in advance because they are very used during the season, she needs to block off as many together or close as she can now, ie if they have a Donzi Room they have a slip with the group on the same park of the marina at a minimum! This was my only gripe from last year, when you can't get your dock assignment the day prior to arriving it is unsat, especially for $90 a day and $15 a slip....

I hope those who have reserved a room got a slip at the same time... May will be too late.
Bryan

Formula Jr
01-11-2002, 03:39 AM
I like the name tag (http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell20001.jpg) idea.
If anyone doesn't show up this year....well, they're just weird. biggrin.gif

boldts
01-11-2002, 09:11 AM
Name tags.... Ah yes, those things I left in the room last year by accident. I'm creating a needed list for this year so that I remember everything I need to bring. My other dilemma, stay at the state park, or at Jamestown....

Reasons to stay at Jamestown - If I forget something in the room, it's a short walk to get it. Ground zero of the gathering. The organizer should be at ground zero right, unless it rains every day we are there! (NO WAY, the Gods love the sound of wild horses, even at 03:00 A.M.) Organizer should be accessible to all who may need some type of help! Not to mention, the launch ramp on Friday this past year was the place to be as everyone arrived and Awoke the Horses!

Reasons to stay at the state park - Cost savings. I really like the boat docking facilities at the State Dock Marina! (Covered slips available so it doesn't matter what the weather does.) All the amenities that are offered at Jamestown. Short little warm-up ride in the A.M. to Jamestown. Nice long scenic entrance to the park.

Decisions... Decisions... Decisions... Man am I SIKED!!! New 2002 "Awakening" T-shirt coming soon. Working on a site seeing trip away from the lake. Poker Run being finalized. Exploring places on the lake to go for lunch and site seeing. (76 Falls is a definite, just not sure which day to do it. I would like everyone to see the falls and be a part of the largest Donzi raft-up together.) I would also like to spell DONZI using our boats, with a picture for magazine coverage. (Over-all Group Photo) Aerial boat pictures during the poker run. Are you all interested in that? Event VIDEO. SPONSORS - sure would be nice to have some give-a-ways and meal support. (Especially for the poker run.) Entertainment and dancing? Speedvision coverage being worked on, but they must get thousands of boat clubs wanting them to do a show from their event. Still, giving it a shot!

Just a little taste of what is being planned... Anyone with ideas or ability to lend a hand in setting up will be greatly appreciated. Let me know your expertise. Did I hear the words: Organizational Committee? wink.gif

roadtrip se
01-11-2002, 10:58 AM
AOTH1 flashback. Standing on the dock Friday afternoon at jamestown watching the boats come in.
Some bearded guy looking a lot like the one in Owen's name tag posting above starts talking to me. Every once in awhile he says something a little crazy, shakes his head, and then acts like nothing happened. I'm thinking, who the heck is this guy? I just kind of wrote the whole episode off to way too much time on the road getting to Cumberland. This was my first encounter with Owen. A name tag would have really explained a lot of things at that point. For those who haven't met him, Owen's name tag posting does bear a striking resembalance to his real appearance! Watch out for this guy at AOTH2!!!!
I vote for name tags at AOTH2.
Todd

Tony
01-13-2002, 10:45 PM
We need someone to volunteer to scale the cliff at 76 Falls to take a shot of the Donzi raft-up from up there.

Remember last year the wild (read: stumbling drunk) Mastercraft crowd playing paper/rock/scissors? With the loser getting a blast across the butt with a plastic whiffle ball bat! What a hoot!

RedDog
01-15-2002, 12:51 PM
Instead of people wearing name tags, maybe a tape-on placard for the hull deck with pertinent data - or would it blow off?

FJ should stick with the tag he already has:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell20001.jpg

Dr. Dan
01-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Just got our Confirmations from Jamestown Resort in the mail today! I'm Planning the Road Trip, Who's game for a Road Trip Donzi Caravan? We're booked for 5/9 to 5/12, probably leave early 5/9 or the night before? Figure from Baltimore/DC Area as a rendevous point?... biggrin.gif ...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Yep, the AOTH II is every Donzi family's dream!
I am counting the days... I did the trailer wheels today, they only had about 700 miles on them but they needed a good going over! What does make the cotter pin occasionaly poke a hole in the rubber cover???? Not hard to tell I replaced a bit of water with fresh grease!

I had the boat state numbers custom color matched and outlined, they are in the Donzi text style, and not to brag but they are sweet!

Lodging and slip is done, AAA trip ticket is already picked up...

ya da ya da..... Come on May!

ScottB, have you spoken to Jamestown about keeping all the slips together???
Name tags would be good too.... ROADTRIP told me in private he would wear his on his forehead! Man what a great guy to set a new trendy style!
ROADTRIP ALSO told me he would be in town today (NOT!)!
Damn, that boy needs to get organized! LOL

AOTHII The event of 2002 !!!!!! smile.gif
Bryan

boldts
01-25-2002, 08:42 AM
Update:

Sorry, all, I've not been to vocal on the board lately concerning AOTH II. I recently sent out an e-mail notice letting Donzi owners who were not a member of the Midwest Donzi Club first, know about our club and of course, second, know about AOTH II. Since last Saturday, every day there has been a new membership application in my e-mail. It amazes me how the club has grown. Take a look at the website members page and those of you who attended AOTH last year will see how the listing has grown.

Docking for Donzi attendees at AOTH II - Every time I write or talk to Frieda at Jamestown, I stress the importance of keeping our group as close together as possible. Here is the only flaw that I have found. She is not the manager of the marina's docking facilities and I do not have a contact with the man who is. (Yet) Here is the low down on how the docks are assigned. 1.Season customers. 2.Customers with lodging at the resort.3.All others. BryanT, last year you stayed at the resort Sat. night so you should have fallen into that second group. The only problem was all the resort customers who had made their docking arrangements for the weekend. This is how it was explained to me and why Jamestown could not tell you a day in advance where your Donzi would be docked. Sounds like an excuse to me. The moral of the story, make your dock reservation with your room reservation well in advance.

Property Security - We had a unfortunate incident last year where a trailer was vandalized. Not the way I wanted to see a wonderful weekend come to an end. I was given an explanation that there is some 370 some acres that security must protect at the resort. This is not acceptable in my eyes. I will have a security person watching our possessions each night we are at the resort. I am currently researching local police departments for an officer who will come onsite to do this duty. If it turns out that the cost is just to much. I will volunteer to watch our trailers. I want no one to go home from AOTH II with any thoughts other than "What a great event that was!"

Wedding Reception on Sat. night - Due to this, Saturday will be the only day of the gathering we will not have the use of the Yacht Club. After the poker run on Sat. we will meet in a conference room located up at the lodge rather than down on the water front. Also, due to not having the use of the yacht club, our refreshments will need a new home. Any volunteers? Last, there may be a need if some of you would like to show-off your Donzi, to be a part of a wedding party processional to the yacht club. Will be a great photo op. and in my opinion, look much better than the water taxi pontoon ride.

Name tags - I am currently researching the use of those nice plastic name tags that are given to trade show display personnel. I know some of you work at these type of shows, so any help that can be offered would be appreciated. Maybe we could get someone to donate the name tags to the club? This how-ever opens up a new can of worms that probably we should skip. I would need a concrete listing of everyone who is attending AOTH II. The other thought and I see it has the best, would be to get just the plastic holder that a written name tag could be inserted into.

AOTH II Shirts - This is a must have for those who are attending. The new design is being finalized and will be announced soon. Unlike most things in the world today, the cost of the shirts will not increase. These are for you! The little profit made from these sales all goes right back into AOTH II.

Sorry to be so long, but I think I covered everyone's requests. May can't get here soon enough for me! I look forward to seeing all my old friends and hopefully many new friends at what is slated to be one of the Best Donzi Reunions in the country. biggrin.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-25-2002, 08:27 PM
Scott B, sounds great, maybe I just had back luck with my slip... no biggie, we have the slips reserved and have been billed already, confirmation numbers too (Sam and I).

Count me in for two shirts, and if some funds need to be raised for this event then speak up!
1st count me in for a donation, I think $5 and the price of a stamp from everyone would make your job a bit easier. I know you personally, and there is no doubt in my mind that you give this evolution 150% in effort and often cover expenses...

What does every one else think! Hell if nothing else take Beth to dinner on my little contribution!!!
Oh, and that is a Large and X-tra large polo, can we buy them online now?
I know I know, go look at the site Bryan... it will be my next surf!
Thanks Scott B, we appreciate it!!!!!!!!
Bryan

Sam
01-25-2002, 08:57 PM
Bryan, your a mind reader. I was just thinking today that it might not be a bad idea to collect five bucks for the AOTH poker run. Scott you might think about using some of the funds for the up keep of the Mid West site. The other portion might go to a charity, just a thought.

Sam

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Well I will mail a check in the morning...
nancy returns tomorrow and she blew her vacation budget through the roof!

ScotB, I saw your OSO post, late night here and I am bored and that guy was getting under my skin!
LOL

Is it SPRING yet? 63 on Sunday, we may splash!
Bryan

boldts
01-26-2002, 12:26 AM
Guys,
Thank-you for the thoughts. I'll just add my thoughts. Until last May, I had waited over ten years to gather with other Donzi owners. Scot VanAlstine made that happen for me with his efforts to make donzi.net the best chat site available for Donzi and non Donzi boat owners. I have had members of the Midwest Donzi club send donations to help with the expenses of AOTH. One such donation helped pay for our video costs before the tapes had been sold. So, the help has been there and it is much appreciated.

I continue to not want to charge for club membership and especially for AOTH. This gathering was started for Donzi owners to come and enjoy there boats with other Donzi owners. You all spend a great deal to attend. Rooms, docks, fuel, food, possible breakdowns on both your boats and the vehicle towing them to KY. Lets push for sponsorship help. A phone call to the Western Kentucky Coca-Cola Bottling Co. to help supply refreshments while we're there. A call to Mercruiser or Volvo to help with a poker run meal or give-a-ways. A call to a local supermarket for cook-out food. Local performance engine builder or marine supply store. In return for there help, they will be listed on the Midwest Donzi Club website for a year with a link to their website or address for information listing. Maybe I'm way off base, especially after Sept. 11th, but these companies need customers to remain in business and website pressence is one of the most seen advertisement avenues known today. Sponsors will also get media coverage through our Donzi gathering. It is not set in stone, but I have been contacted by interested magazines in printing an article about our "Awakening of the Horses II" I use the word "OUR" because with-out all of you, there would be no AOTH II.

Just my thoughts... As for the website expences, they are minimal. I'm not offering chat service on our site because we have the best chat area right here. The Midwest Donzi site is for you all to use to meet the Donzi owners in your area. We just happen to hold a gathering here in the Midwest also. Hopes are to combine with either other clubs or even folks who want to hold a gathering on a lake near them. (Lake of the Ozarks, a TX lake, MI lake, PA lake, GA lake, where-ever owners are interested in gathering.) I use the website as a learning tool for me. Many people send me suggestions and often times, it is a thought that I hadn't thought of and is much appreciated. I enjoy doing these things and most of all, the friendships that have been made over the past year. THANK-YOU all!

RickR
01-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Tommie and I are in. Only 2 rooms left!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-26-2002, 04:45 PM
2 rooms left, man Cumberland will be Rock'n with Donzi's soon...

Last Tango
01-27-2002, 10:51 AM
'Poodle,
I'm glad to see MY tow boat will be there, too.
Mark cool.gif

J&K SHAHBAS
01-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Hi All!
Well finally got JOhn to get off the stick and make reservations for the up and coming event of the "HORSES".
Glad too! WHEW!
Anyways, going to be lots of fun. I have some pictures from Porky's that are semi good. I will be bringing a camera that works much better.
The WA-LO will be sleeping at home tho. So sorry to the OLE GIRL>
CYA IN MAY J&K cool.gif

Last Tango
01-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Plenty of room in MY boat for the two of you. See you there!
Mark cool.gif

J&K SHAHBAS
01-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey Mark:
Thanks for the invite, but as you may know, I didnt say we were going to be without a boat???
We will be bringing the MYSTERY BOAT! hee hee
Anyways, its going to be fun, just got an email from boldts and he said that he will be taking a video of the event.
CYA IN KENTUCKY>
Kathy biggrin.gif

RickR
01-28-2002, 07:05 PM
poodle
Bring your tow rope. I may need it wink.gif
We are working on Dora but it doesn't look good. We are expecting! A four legged black bitch biggrin.gif due this weekend!

Tomahawk
01-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Mystery boat? MYSTERY BOAT??? Oh man, J&K, you guys are radical! We are definitely looking forward to seeing you both again. Mystery Boat??
confused.gif smile.gif

boldts
01-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Looks like we need a bottle of Champaign to christen John & Kathy's mystery boat? cool.gif

KRAVEN
02-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Called and made reservations today,still have vacancies.We will probably be arriving Friday afternoon.Looking forward to seeing eveyone.
Bill and Liz Kalinowski

Sam
02-10-2002, 09:06 PM
That's great news Bill, I think that we should have five confirmed boats from Mich as of today. I will be leaving Thursday, just for the heck of it let's get a count for Mich. As far as I know the following will be going.
1.Sam Pilato
2.Randy Oak (Ranman)
3.Tony Sporer
4.Bill & Liz
5.Jeff Wright
Who have I missed ?

THX
Sam

Dr. Dan
02-13-2002, 10:34 PM
Scott, Just curious, do you have a running list of who all is a confirmed attendee for this years event!?! Might be cool to make a list and post it! Or are you doing it on the Midwest Site? wink ...Doc

boldts
02-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Doc,
Good idea. I really hadn't thought about it to much. I'm putting together our Cincinnati meeting agenda to post here. This thread is getting pretty long now and probably should start a new one so it doesn't take 2 hours to download for those with-out road runner or dsl connections.

I was just figuring every member of the Midwest Donzi Club will be in Kentucky on the weekend of May 11th and 12th. Maybe earlier or longer.

BTW, I spoke to a gentleman on the phone tonight from NJ who had just purchased a 1972 16' Sweet Sixteen outboard that had been in storage for some 30 years and very few hours on the boat. I could here the excitement in his voice as he described his new Donzi to me. I suggested he visit the Donzi Registry and show everyone his new boat. I also suggested that he look-up Frank Civitano and the NE Donzi Club. Might be another NJ Donzi owner heading Southwest first week of May to join you all. His name is Michael Kane and phone is (609) 224-5396 if you guys would like to hook up with him.

Can I please have a few more hours in the day? wink

Brad Lyon
02-14-2002, 06:03 PM
COUNT ME IN !!!!

I just got off of the phone with David at the Jamestown Resort. I booked a two room cabin for the nights of the 9th. 10th. and 11th. along with a slip for the boat.

If anyone has been there before that can give me some pointers about what to bring and not what to bring please feel free to send me a email at b.lyon@birmingham-hydraulics.com. I would greatly appreciate any information you can give me.

Is there anyone planing to go down on Thursday morning that would like to travel together?

Brad

Dr. Dan
02-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Scott, I'll give him a call sometime,see if he wants to do some of the Events, maybe Road Trip to AOTH II. Or Jacksons and of course Lake George,Winni and those darn Northeast Diversions :D ...Doc

Sam
02-14-2002, 06:59 PM
Brad, I'll be going down Thursday morning for sure. As a matter of fact I'll be in the same type of cabin as well as Doug Lovins and family. Give me a shout to see and let's if we can hook up for the trip down. E-mail me at sam@mackellar.com (work) or home. I know Doug, Tony Sporer and Randy Oak are going but I think they are driving down Friday.

Sam

GEOO
02-15-2002, 10:07 AM
Scott, I'm booked at Jamestown and dock. 9th-12th.

Has anyone looked in to a house boat rental? Anyone interested in sharing one? Just a thought.
I'm traveling with Heather (wife) and Hailey (daughter)
GEOO

boldts
02-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Geoo,
Bill and Liz from MI were talking about maybe looking into a houseboat to stay on during AOTH II. Bandit is also staying on his houseboat and plans to anchor off the island to the right has you come out of Jamestown. I believe he has a couple more houseboats joining him. Could be quite the evening floating party.

komikazee
02-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Sam,
I'm confirmed for 9th thru 14th. Not sure exactly when we're leaving yet. I'll have about a 3 hr. drive to get to where you are. I'll know better later on.

Tracy

Sam
02-15-2002, 11:02 PM
I know you told me before where Rhodes Mich is but my CRS is acting up again. Let's keep in touch and see if we can possibly hook up. I am planing on leaving early Thursday morning, for me it's about 450 miles or aprox 9 hrs.

Sam

Bandit
02-16-2002, 10:34 AM
GEOO,

There should be plenty of houseboats available for rental. Other than Jamestown, also try the State Dock and Grider Hill which is up towards 76 Falls.

I've changed my plans just a little. I'm going to the houseboat show in Louisville on 3/2 and try to meet up with Mark Blakeman which rented me several houseboat slips last yr. The opinion of my group was to get covered slips at the State Dock again incase of a spring monsoon.

I'll have 5-10 houseboats and cruisers with me and if anybody is interested in joining us in a covered slip, just let me know and I'll forward you the info.

Brad Lyon
02-16-2002, 05:40 PM
Tracy,

Won't you be leaving from your deluxe appartment is Detroit? If you want you can bring your boat down before hand and keep it at my place of business in Troy to save you a trip back up north.

Sam I heard it is only a 6 hour drive, give a half hour or so. Did it take you nine hours last year?

We will have to discuss time of departure for Kentucky. Maybe we could meet at the I-75 and I-275 junction at a certain time? I might have some friends coming with me as well and they can pull my wave runner down for me.

Brad

Sam
02-16-2002, 07:08 PM
Brad, according to "Map Quest" it's 450 miles X 60mph= 7.5hrs plus pit stops, so I figure around nine hours. That would be great if we can hook up and drive down together. I'll check with the others and see if it makes sense to try and have a central meeting place. I would like to take off early Thursday, what are your plans.

Sam

Brad Lyon
02-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Sam,

I thought we would leave early Thursday morning, like maybe 6:00am. I guess when I figured the travel time I used 65 to 70 mph as a average. I'm sure I will get a big argument from my 7 and 9 year old boys about leaving at 6:00 in the morning, but hey, they will get over it rignt? If we left at that time maybe we could meet up with Scott Boldts and his gang, what do you think?

Brad

Sam
02-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Count me in, either meeting you in Mich or in Ohio with Scott.

Sam

komikazee
02-17-2002, 05:58 AM
Brad,
Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid my Donzi girl would be alittle upset if I didn't come home to get her. I'm not sure she has a sense of humor about stuff like that.
Tracy

Brad Lyon
02-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Tracy,

I would not suggest you leave her behind, that wouldn't be nice! I just thought maybe she could meet you down here the night before or something like that so you could caravan with us.

I am not sure I will get everyone here moving early enough to meet Scott Boldts in Cincinnati at 10:00 in the morning.

Brad

Ranman
02-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Hi folks, I just got off the phone with the Jamestown Resort and my procrastination has bit me in the ass once again. Here's the scoop.

I reserved a room for May 9th and May 12th and 13th Too bad there are no more available rooms for May 10th and 11th. Now I sit with a big gap in my reservations, on a waiting list, hoping a spot will open up for the weekend. If this doesn't happen I'll be screwed. I was still able to reserve an overnight slip for the 9th - 14th though.

Anyway, I'm planning on going and I also plan to meet with the MI/OH caravan on Thursday morning.

If anyone plans on cancelling their reservation at the resort PLEASE let me know so I can weasel my way in.

Sam
02-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Randy, are you saying that all rooms, cabins ect are full ? What about the State park lodge ?

Sam

Ranman
02-19-2002, 04:06 PM
Sam, Not sure about cabins, condos etc... as I reserved a deluxe suite. They told me they had nothing, but maybe that meant "hotel" rooms. I didn't realize that they offered all of the other lodging options until I visited their web page after I called. Don't know about the State Park either. I usually prefer hotels over camping, but I guess I'll have to be open to alternatives. The V berth in the 18 is just a bit too small for two.

Sam, how's the motor coming along? You should have plenty of prop selections to try at AOTH II to get her dialed in. I'm still trying to figure out how to close the hatch with these new turbo thingies down in there.

Crossed fingers...hoping for a cancellation.

boldts
02-19-2002, 04:54 PM
Randy,
The State Park is right across the inlet from Jamestown and it offers everything Jamestown does except the boat docking. They have rooms like Jamestown. If you want to keep the boat in the water rather than trailering in and out while you stay at the state park, there is State Dock Marina which is right below the state park resort. It offers covered docks and open air docks. David Hicks (Bandit) will be staying at the covered docks and may be interested in sharing a dock with you. I believe there have been others who are planning on staying at the State Park who may want to share a dock also.

It's a good alternative to Jamestown if nothing opens up.

Ranman
02-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Scott, Thanks for the tip. Jamestown Resort let me reserve a boat slip for the entire event at the $10.00/day rate. The only thing I'm missing is lodging for Friday and Saturday night. Jamestown Resort booked me for Thu, Sun, and Mon nights. I may see if I can book lodging for Fri and Sat nights at the State Park as a backup. I would really like to stay at the Jamestown Resort for the whole trip, but at this point I'll take what I can get. I'm sure Jen will be thrilled with us running all over every night.

Crazy Horse
02-19-2002, 08:53 PM
Donzi Trish & I just booked a cabin for the 9th-12th at Jamestown. Tell me your thoughts...I am thinking of not bringing my boat (Massachusetts)...am I crazy? I was thinking it'd be a great way to get to know everyone by back seating in your boats...what are your thoughts?

Brad Lyon
02-19-2002, 09:16 PM
John, your welcome aboard my boat anytime. I should have my new CD player and sub woofer installed by then, I have this great CD wink wink that we can crank up and fun!!!!!!

Brad

:) :) :) :)

roadtrip se
02-19-2002, 09:23 PM
Crazyhorse,

YOU WILL WANT THE USE OF YOUR OWN BOAT AT THE AOTH2! There is no finer venue in the country for the proper utilization of a Donzi Classic's capabilities than this lake. Beautiful views, clear waters, secluded coves, and long hauls make for great cruising. This lake is unspoiled by excessive development like a thousand docks on the waterline. Now that I sound like a chamber of commerce flaky, I'll knock it off. While you and Trish are welcome to ride with us, there is a reason so many haul from Virginia, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida, Texas, and yes; even Oregon. Make the haul and you will not regret it. Looking forward to meeting you and yours, Todd

Looped
02-20-2002, 07:36 AM
John,
Isn't one of the main reasons why you got a new trailer & SUV is to truck the 22 around??? Hmmmm? If my Wife & I had better planning on having our second Daughter due around the end of June I would have helped you out with the road trip. The trip is half the fun when you are stopped off somewhere and people come out of nowhere to ask you about what you are trailering. This is a no brainer Crazy Man, go for it!

Craig

Dr. Dan
02-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Big John, I agree with Road Trip! Ya gotta bring the boat,see if anyone else is heading over from your neck of the woods? If not, it's still worth the drive, make it a trip over a couple of days and you won't be trashed when you get there! Plus, I want more 22 Classic company to cruise with :D , Selfish I know but hey? See Ya There wink ...Doc

Crazy Horse
02-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Yeah Looped I am good to go with the rig but it's the time off that's difficult. That said I booked my boat slip and will pull 'Crazy Horse' to the blue grass state. I got a three bedroom cabin and have offered space to Woodsy & The Princess, Mustang & Pony Boy, & Donzi Tom. I booked a total of 4 boat slips. I think we're ready.

Thanks guys for the offer to ride in your boats but you posted what I already knew...I need to bring my boat. So be it, I will.

Digger
02-26-2002, 02:34 PM
based on all the discussion here I would like to come to this event so bad I can taste it. I won't know if I can until a few days prior. If I can I'll stay onboard, no problem from a place to sleep angle, only thing that would make it real convenient would be if Jamestown or the state park has shorepower hook-up. anybody know?
thx.

:D keepin' fingers crossed :D

roadtrip se
02-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Digger,

State Dock has slips with shore power for sure, because I have been plugged in there before in another type of off brand boat. Jamestown should be able to rent you overnight docks with shore power too, since they offer houseboat dockage, but I haven't overnighted there before. The day docks that we used for AOTH1 did not have power.

Hope the info helps and you don't want to miss it!

Todd

Bandit
02-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Digger,

They both have shorepower hookups. Just make sure you request it when you book your slip (highly recommend covered) and you might ask them about amps hookup incase you need an adapter.

Dr. Dan
02-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Bandit, why do you highly recommend covered??? :cool: ...Doc

bverd
02-26-2002, 08:14 PM
Digger - we are in the same neck of the wood I think, here in Northern VA. We are heading down Wed night and hooking up with people along the way. Bring the boat, it is going to be one heck of a party. --Brad

Bandit
02-27-2002, 06:54 AM
Dr. Dan,

KY weather that time of year is unpredictable and we usually have heavy spring rains which could hit or miss. Since Digger was planning on sleeping on his boat, I think a covered slip would be a precautionary move on his part to ensure he enjoys AOTH II rain or shine.

That's why I decided to get covered slips at the State Dock for my houseboat regatta or we would be staying on the island at the cut through towards the Dam. That's were I usually tie up around July 4th and Labor Day when it's much warmer and the rain doesn't matter after a few cold ones!

Digger
02-28-2002, 02:36 PM
thanks for the info all, I have a room reserved at the state park, 9-14. I spoke with the marina, and tried to reserve a covered slip, the girl (Tracy) said they don't take reservations, its first come first serve. I explained the whole AOTH deal, mentioned Midwest Donzi club, etc, but no joy on the reservation. She did say at that time there would be plenty of space available...but I'd rather know before I show up that I have a slip. Anyone have any suggestions? And, I will take up less than half of one of these slips, anybody who would like in on a covered slip is welcome to join me, drop me an email. with all that said I really hope I can make this event!!

boldts
02-28-2002, 03:39 PM
Digger,
I'll give the State Dock Marina a call and see what I can find out about the slips not being reserved. I believe Bandit makes reservations for his slips. Maybe he knows someone at the marina so there is no problem. When I went down for the LC Poker Run last summer I did not have a reservation until I got there because it was a last minute decession and had no problem getting a slip during one of the biggest events on the lake, but I'm with you. I'd like to be sure ahead of time. Remember, we're early in the season before the big crowds start to appear every weekend and we're arriving on Thursday. Should not be a problem for anyone to get a slip. By the way, the thru hull exhaust sounds soooo cool when you pull into the docks at night under the cover. Especially if you back the boat into the slip. wink

Digger
02-28-2002, 04:08 PM
oh heck (I'd use another word but this is a family thread) yeah, good Idea Scott.... 830 poorly muffled horsepower inserted into a semi-confined space.... I will remember to back her in :D eek! :D

and thanks for making that call!

Bandit
02-28-2002, 05:45 PM
Digger,

I'll be getting 2 covered slips myself, one for houseboat and other for 30' Donzi. The slips are 80'+, so there won't be any problem sharing one and putting the Donzi's in it if you want too.

During AOTH I, I rented out 1 slip for my 45' Nautiline and 30' Donzi and we still put another boat or two in it. We had around 10 slips with houseboats, cruisers and a variety of pleasure and powerboats packed into them and that was only on one side of the covered walkway. As Scott said, there should be plenty of slips available.

Last year I would just call him when I wanted to add more slips and he would put my name down. I think he just wanted to make sure his rental houseboats were moved out.

I'll be talking to him this Sat. at the Lou. houseboat show and I'll see what the deal is for this year and let you know.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-28-2002, 06:12 PM
BVERD, what is your trip timeline, you mentioned Wednesday night.

I told DIGGER I was leaving here about 3am Thurs, be up around 295/64 (your side) about 5:30ish tops.
Bryan

Digger
03-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Bandit, thx much, would be glad to share a slip if that works out!

BVERD, Bryan, been looking at the map. about 520 miles from the Richmond 95/295 interchange to Jamestown, via the following route:
64 to Staunton
64/81 to Lexington (pass VMI, the ol' alma mater)
64 to Beckley WV
64/77 to Charleston
64 to Huntington
64 to Winchester KY
rte 627 to cut across to 75S
75S to 461
461 to Cumberland Parkway

I'm not in love with that route, its one way to get there. I'm sure there are other/better options. open to suggestions. my only restriction is very narrow two lane rds. would be great to put together a route that at least two of us could join up on. let me know what you think. should be available most of the weekend via cell 571-213-5973

Crazy Horse
03-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Digger from the looks of your last post it seems as though you are going to be at the AOTH. That is good news.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-01-2002, 10:39 PM
DIGGER
Sounds good to me.

I need to map the route you posted, it sounds different than I thought for the northern route.

I desire to hit Jamestown in the afternoon that Thursday to get some ramp help since I will be alone...

Also do you have a Hand Held radio, channel 4.0 is what I use... they are good for the trip up to 3 miles, I have two if not!
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-01-2002, 10:59 PM
OK, yes it is midnight, gave up Pam Anderson on Leno to veryify northern route AAA recommended...
64W
64W through Charlottesville MEET THERE...
81S all the way to Knoxville
40 then 75N to 80W/Cumberland Parkway.

This will give that 9'3" good room/road all he way!

I just oulined your route, interesting and and a good plan, I hate that WVA Turnpike though...

I am flexable... we will talk soon...

Thoughts?
Bryan

Dr. Dan
03-02-2002, 07:56 AM
Vacation Request has been approved :p , and I am cleared for a Wednesday Nite take off! How's the boat coming Brad? Ours goes to the Boat Doctor in a week,for a shave and a haircut,getting all Gel work done , finally! Trailer is the big ticket item for pre-season...Lookin forward to the Party!!!Had a squirrel build a luxury condo above the Donzi in a box in the garage rafters, he was recently evicted cuz he kept getting nesting dust scattered on top of the boat, :rolleyes: a definite no no! ....Doc

Digger
03-03-2002, 07:58 AM
John, thanks, really looking forward to it. have my leave request in , will hope for the best!

Bryan, your route sounds better! I will plot it out. I do have a cb radio, will have VHF as well. talk to you soon-

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-04-2002, 11:43 AM
DIGGER, I think my last proposal is the ticket.
Let me know. My leave has also been blessed by the skipper so I am set.

I was refering to the VHF family radios, but I also will have my VHF. I hacve a CB antenna and may just pick one up prior to the trip.
Bryan

Digger
03-04-2002, 02:13 PM
Bryan, I'm on board with your route, looks great to me. We'll talk later about where to meet in Charlottesville, my guess would be we'd both get there around 0500 or so...ready for another pot of coffee

roadtrip se
03-04-2002, 11:50 PM
Did the cabin weekend retreat with some buddies down at Cumberland. It was snowing Sunday.
Never had seen this there. Lake level was down a little, maybe six or seven feet, but not like it can be this time of year. Less lake level changes means less floaters in the water, when we get there. I never get over what a beautiful place this is all times of the year. Sixty or so days before we invade yet again. Can't wait!

Todd

Digger
03-05-2002, 06:05 AM
Todd how does the lower water level effect the boat ramps? still plenty o' concrete underwater to launch?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Digger, spent some time computing today, Charlottesville is about 100 miles for you, and 170 for me, I would hit that area about 06:15am.

Then Charlottesville to Knoxville 367 miles
Knoxville to Somerset 110
Somerset to Jamstown about another hour or so.
Ramp 1400 to 1500 time frame.
I will pin down the exact location of the rest stop to hook up at that is near Charlottesville.

QUESTION, from Quantico, would you take 95 South to 295 to 64 to Charlottesville?
Another option is to meet NW of Richmond where 295 dumps into 64W.
Bryan

Digger
03-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Bryan, I will probably take route 3 out of Fredericksburg to Charlottesville. It isn't a major highway but is a good road that I am familiar with. It's gonna be a good day :D

roadtrip se
03-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Digger,

The water level will not impact the ramps at jamestown or state dock. I have been going to this lake for fifteen years and have never had an issue with getting our boats into the water.

See you there, Todd

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-05-2002, 07:46 PM
DIGGER sounds good, if we are going to convoy it is a date! Exit 121 to 124 is Charlottesville W bound, I will call AAA and pin down the Rest stop and get us both a trip ticket...

I just wanted to give you an accurate time of when I would hit that area...

BVERD what is your route and time line?

I will have a hydraulic jack, two spares, and lots of grease for stops...

Bryan

Dr. Dan
03-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Bryan ...I'll have 4 spares and I'll raise ya a Rebuilt Trailer :D , Liz and I are planning on heading down towards D.C. to hopefully rendevous with Brad & Amy sometime(to be determined)Wednesday evening! I am psyched in spite of this super frigid cold spell that just came through here! :p ,it would be cool to get a group convoy going for sure, we are totally flexible, we are following the Sexy Red & White Donzi! eek! ...Doc

ToonaFish
03-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Okay, that does it, I gotta ask: How many of you were Boy Scouts? Less planning has gone into many military offensives!

Bunches,

Celene 'tossing a bikini into her pocket book'

Digger
03-06-2002, 06:57 AM
Todd, thx. I have had some hairy experiences at less than ideal ramps, thanks for the peace of mind.

Bryan, you're on. I will have jacks, grease, spares, tools, etc. and lots of Starbucks in thermos.

"smallest bikini gets first ride" :D

ToonaFish
03-06-2002, 07:35 AM
I may be walking round the lake, then... it's a big pocket book!

Bunches,

Celene

Digger
03-06-2002, 09:14 AM
I was only funnin' wink anyone who loves to be out on the water is welcome in my boat!

ToonaFish
03-06-2002, 11:10 AM
I definitely qualify then! Pity the poor Georgia boys when I met them at the Boat Show... I'd asked Tomahawk how hard it would be to get on plane in a 16 if I weighed 400 lbs... shoulda seen their expressions when I walked up!

65 Days To The Awakening!

Bunches,

Celene 'Smidge over 100 lbs dripping wet'

Bad-Tat
03-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Celene,
You can come on my boat as long as you bring that thong!!! Digger can have the bikini's I'll take the thongs!!!

Bad-Tat
03-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Celene,
You can come on my boat as long as you bring that thong!!! Digger can have the bikini's I'll take the thongs!!!

ToonaFish
03-06-2002, 06:21 PM
As I sit here eating my dinner of cookie dough ice cream, I think you might want to be careful what you wish for, Bill!

Bunches,

Celene 'thongs come in large?'

Bad-Tat
03-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Celene,
You would have to eat an awful lot of that cookie dough to not look fantastic in a thong!!!!

ToonaFish
03-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Aw, Bill, you silver tongued devil...

I may be blushing mightily, but I'm still not gonna buy your boat! :D

Bunches,

Celene

9750 Situps Til The Awakening!

Bad-Tat
03-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Celene,
Don't have to buy my boat. Just go for a ride in the new one!!! Is that an all over blush???

roadtrip se
03-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Take it offline you two, I'm the one that is starting to blush and it's not even spring yet!
Looking forward to meeting you both at the AOTH2!

Bill, you get that boat over to Georgia yet? How she look?

Later, Todd

Tomahawk
03-06-2002, 11:09 PM
A Bikini in black, pink and teal would be perfect! We need a pre-AOTH Georgia Donzi meeting and run from my house. Bill's new boat, Randy's new motor, my new pro-charger, Joe ??, Brad ?? - BONZI DONZI!!!
I'll set it up.

boldts
03-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Tomahawk - A new ProCharger? You've been busy over the winter months. Can't wait to see it at KY.

Randy - New engine? I'm sure there are some trick pieces in that one. Looking forward to hearing about it. A ride this year maybe?

Bill - Can't wait to see Tweety & Sylvester hang-in on to that BlackHawk Classic.

Celene - I enjoy reading your posts. Looking forward to meeting you and while not the fastest Donzi at AOTH, you'll be welcome to ride with Beth and I anytime. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Don't want to re-read the past 6 pages of this thread, but I thought I read one post that said the Jamestown Resort was sold out. I called for another reason today, so I ask, the cabin and the 1 condo is, but there are still rooms available.
Just FYI for you that might be on the fence about coming!
Bryan

boldts
03-07-2002, 03:52 PM
Thanks Bryan! I was under the impression that rooms were sold out also. I'm going to give Freida a call about Children activities while they are there and I'll get the room situation straight while I'm at it. She may have released some rooms from other reservations and added them to our block. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-08-2002, 07:11 PM
Scott, ask Frieda if she has came up with a slip plan yet too....

I have been so excited all day that Nancy gets to join me! She is really looking forward to the break.
Talk to you soon.
Bryan

Ranman
03-14-2002, 01:24 PM
I just spoke with Jamestown Resort and they have rooms available for Friday May 10, but are booked Saturday the 11. It did sound like they had cabins available as the rep. asked me if I wanted a cabin for Saturday.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-22-2002, 10:34 AM
DIGGER, are you taking 3 to 29 to Charlottesville?
If so as you pick up 64 you will see a rest area on our side of the road, on 64W.
here is the map, Red circle with Red triangle is the rest area. I estimate between 6:30 and 6:45am. If time allows I will be gased and ready when we arrive.
ch71 VHF, no CB as of yet.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellmap01.jpg

We will be easy to spot! wink
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvelltoys01.jpg
Bryan

Digger
03-22-2002, 11:26 AM
looks great Bryan! I've got it marked on the map, thx!
yep, I'll be 3/29/64. Channel 71 sounds fine, all I need is an adapter to run the the VHF in the truck. 65 will be fine with me, except on the steep grades...the Powerstroke is a great motor but there's only so much it can do :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Cool, I will most likely have a CB by then, mine died, still have my antenna.
Just spoke with ROADTRIP, we enjoyed their company greatly last year and they will arrive Thursday eve.
Talk to ya soon.
Bryan

Digger
03-22-2002, 12:39 PM
cigarette lighter adapter ordered for radio, will be here next week! can't wait to get this trip started and meet everybody-

Formula Jr
03-30-2002, 03:58 AM
Oky, this really sucks, but I know you guys would worry if I did'nt show up at AOTH II with the drive time. So, I have to fess up now. I may not make it. The house building is not going well. And I can't take a month off in the middle of the build.
And the GT needs a week of shake down and refit. The dates are not matching anymore.

Hoist a beer to thems that wanted to be there.

BERTRAM BOY
03-30-2002, 06:46 AM
Owen,
I'm bummed... I was looking forward to finally meeting your Formula Jr...... Uh, I mean you......
BERTRAM BOY :( :( frown

Digger
03-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Damn Owen, I'm sorry to hear that....I spent some time the other day poking around your website pics, some great shots and a great sense of humor...your profile pic had me laughing out loud..."here's to the fair weather boaters!!"
was really looking forward to meeting you at AOTH. I hope things work out for you with the house and all, keep up the good fight !!!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-30-2002, 09:01 AM
OWEN, Sorry to hear that, we all looked forward to seeing you.
We will have a toast in your honor, I promise!
Bryan

roadtrip se
03-30-2002, 10:58 AM
Owen, Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!

Jill and I were building a place last year
at this time and the AOTH was the best break we
got during the whole frickin' gonna be a long
time before we do it again experience!

Get a plane ticket to Nashville or Lexington.
Still 40 plus days out, so you'll get a decent fare. Then you'll get to enjoy the Arenson, Blackhawk, Procharged, disney land parade without any encumberances to deal with like your own boat!

C'mon out. Todd

RickR
03-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Owen
Bummer
I'm going to miss the micro-brew wink
Good luck with the house!

Formula Jr
03-30-2002, 09:10 PM
Thanks Todd, Rick, Bryan, Digger and, Bertram Boy. I'm getting the proper squint down pat, so I can kick some General and Sub-Contractor butt and get this done. I may not have a boat, but I'm going to re-double efforts to be there in one form or another. Hell hath no fury like a Donzi meet deadline. Sorry Cliff, I was bringing a GT anyway this time. But the plan isn't working; where I get to the GT before AOTH: Trial the boat, fix it, and do AOTH on the way back. frown

Doug L.
03-31-2002, 06:32 AM
Madpoodle is right.
Hang in there Owen keep your
ducks in order,this will too
will come to pass!
Doug

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-31-2002, 08:22 AM
Good luck Owen, if you fly out you could ride in a bunch of different boats! That would be cool.
Hope to see ya there.

Change the truck and boat oil before we leave is the last item for us, otherwise we are all set for KY.

ALMOST FORGOT, who wants a free 1/2 windscreen for a 22ZX? I plan on bringing it, if no one wants it I will just $hit can it, I will never need it, again it is free.
Bryan

boldts
03-31-2002, 11:20 PM
Owen,
It made me very sad to read that you may not make AOTH II this year. I really hope you can take a break from the home, but I fully understand if you can't. AOTH will be available for many years to come I'm sure. I know that everyone attending will miss the knowledge you possess. I know I have used the information you have provided many times. Actually, the idea of coming and enjoying many Donzi models is a great one. There may be a few real surprises at the event this year. Since nothing is confirmed yet, I won't say any more than that. I'm sure I speak for everyone attending the event, You'll be missed. Best wishes and good luck with your new home!

GEOO
04-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Owen, Get on the web, book a flight and get your butt down to KY. GEOO

Bandit
04-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Owen is going to make it.

Catch an arrival flight into Lexington around noon on 5/9 and I'll pick you up and take you down.

Coming back will be a little tricky. I won't be going back to Lex. until 5/14 or 5/15 a.m. But there's several AOTH Northerners which will be going back through Lex. on their way home which I'm sure would gladly give you a dropoff at the airport.

Digger
04-01-2002, 07:56 PM
I suppose misery has company...

I dislocated my shoulder (again, long story) last week. bad news is I am med down and unable to fly for the time being which makes me feel useless as tits on a bull. Good news is I will get cut on by some hotshot at Johns Hopkins, I have an appt with him next month, the surgery (if required...our squadron flight doc's seem to think it will) will be scheduled AFTER 9-14 May.

neither rain, nor sleet, nor ...something somethin shall keep the postman from his appointed rounds (apologies to the US postal service)

Crazy Horse
04-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Owen, must say I agree with the posts above...book a flight and come play with your friends.

Formula Jr
04-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Oky, I got a plan. May 5th, Final Inspection, I leave. May 5th: I'm freaken on the
road to AOTH II !!!!!!! No boat, but I'll be there.
That's the drop dead date for the contractors. If they can't get to final by then,
then THEY wait and twirl their thumbs. Thanks Guys!, I almost forgot what was really
important in life. YoooooooHaaaaaaaa!!!!!

GEOO
04-02-2002, 06:18 AM
Owen,
Glad to hear it.
You can ride with me anytime. GEOO

Bandit
04-02-2002, 06:27 AM
Owen,

I know how you like the adventure of the road, but if you change your mind and want to catch a flight, just email me and we'll work out the details.

Digger, hang in there! Only 37 days and counting!

waleyetwo
04-02-2002, 07:20 AM
well i'm glad things are working out everybodys going to be there and it's going to be nice to put a face to the names.i just hope my boat is done getting painted by then.i just got the stickers from dick weaver and now i need the boat if i get it i time i can put a new wheel on it and maybe some tunes but i don't think i'll have time for exhaust :( oh well. :confused:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Scott B, great chat last night, just left the copy/photo place, my guy at work is on vacation, 40 copies of lake Cumberland 11.5 x17 will be mailed to you tomorrow.
Scott plans on marking the Poker Run spots and giving one to everybody! Cool..

TAXTIP, we are good to go on the keg right?
Thanks for the help, DIGGER and I will square with you as soon as we get there.

DIGGER, Nancy works until 5pm Wednesday, back to the original plan minus a bit, I am thinking now a 5am hook up at the meeting spot, that way we can both get some sleep before the full run to KY.

Bryan

RedDog
04-02-2002, 02:18 PM
FJ - glad to hear you have a plan. If you need a boat seat just let me know. Donzi Deb isn't likely to make it to Cumberland until Saturday AM - but then maybe you would prefer the ride with her there too wink

Bandit
04-02-2002, 04:01 PM
I've gotcha covered Bryan.

1 ice cold keg of Pabst Blue Ribbon ! :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-02-2002, 08:30 PM
Thanks Bandit.
And I have some teenage PBR stories, anything is fine! We appreciate it and so will our Donzi pals.. Cold, Free and Wet, every boaters dream!!!!!!
When our favorite gal is not available! (damn that was polite!)
Bryan

Bandit
04-03-2002, 06:30 AM
Those good ole' PBR days when any beer would do!

I've got your order for 1 leaded BUD.

How about the Harbormaster post one of those VOTE subjects to see which brand AOTH adventures desire and that will be the one I get?

Digger
04-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Owen, great news! :D Freedom II will always have a spare seat for ya

Bryan, sounds good to me. I got my cigarette lighter adapter for the Icom, I'm good for yappin on VHF the whole way vice CB.

next weekend is "inspect and replace as needed" trailer bearing time. oh boy frown

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-03-2002, 06:39 PM
Scott B... look for a 18x20 package with 40 fresh lake Cumberland maps in it, they went out today, I sent them priority/USPS. 3 days.
DIGGER, channel 71 it is!
Bryan

Secret F233
04-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Man Sounds Like you guys are gonna rock down there should be fun. I have found my upper gear assembly & ball gears. If I can test this thing out in the next few weeks & all is well would the 233 be welcome to hang around at the function?

BTW Just got back from the fam vacation & Breckinridge was great this year 65F & Snow skiing in short sleeves WOW!!!!!

Tony
04-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Secret F,

We also went to Breckenridge, two weeks ago. Skied two days at Breck, and one day at Vail, Copper, and A-Basin. Warm weather is great but turns the snow slushy later in the day. A-Basin and the T-Bar at Breck were best for avoiding this.

FWIW, we rented a home that fit three families from Vacation Rentals By Owner (http://www.vrbo.com) , a great site that we've used twice now very successfully. Five bedrooms, four baths, game room w/ pool and foosball tables, hot tub, great view, etc. Located about 6 miles south of town. At this site you rent right from the owner with no taxes, and even negotiate your own deals.

boldts
04-15-2002, 10:14 PM
Secret,
No problem! We don't own the lake, we're just holding a gathering there. All are welcome. Last I heard, Jamestown Resort is sold out, but if you check with the Lake Cumberland State Park Lodge, their rooms are nice and if you tell the person taking your reservation that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club, it's good for 10% off the room rate. While the state park does not have docking available and the launch ramp can get pretty full on the weekends, even this early in May, State Dock Marina is located just below the lodge. Both covered and open docks are available for rent. Check the thread in the Events & Gatherings section about covered docks. They cost $35 per night, but are big enough for 3 or 4 boats and I know a couple of the guys staying at the State Park are looking to share a covered dock. Let me know if I can help you in any way. :)

Secret F233
04-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Tony,
Thanks Man my parents are using the site to book there fall trip today sweet site BTW :D !! The spot we were in @ breck this year was at the Beaver Run Resort @ the base of Peak 9 I was able to walk to the lift with my boots on!!!

Scott,
Ya I figured as much but I wanted to let it be known that the jalopy could show up. But still don't want to get on the list till I get this olgirl on the Mississippi for a few test runs first so.... wish me luck gang I'm going to get the gears tonight :) .

Formula Jr
04-18-2002, 01:21 AM
I Want to thank you guys.
I try to go all on my own. But you guys really ran out the red carpet all over the US. In my case, I can't say I'll be there (where you are) then, cause of the drive times. But I just want you guys to know that all the offers are very appeciated. Just knowing there is a network of good people, makes me glad and proud, of the Donzi Community that has been created here. You guys are the best of the best.

Last Tango
04-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Jamestown Resort room available 9-13 May. Deluxe Suite (two beds). Call them, not me: 1-800-830-5131. I cancelled an unecessary room. I will still be there. My brother booked a room by mistake. We cancelled it and made sure they put it back in the Midwest Donzi AOTH group.
Hope this helps someone to BE THERE!

Ranman
04-22-2002, 08:25 AM
Woohoo!!! I'm in for the whole weekend. I was previously booked for thew weekend with the exception of Saturday night. Now I'm in for Saturday. Thanks for the tip Mark.

boldts
04-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Just want to pass on some information for anyone who may still not have reservations made at either Jamestown or the Lake Cumberland State Park lodge. Rooms at the Jamestown Resort are on a waiting list. (In other words, your waiting and hoping for a cancelation.) The State Park also only has a couple rooms left. (2 or 3) Be sure that when you make your reservation, tell the person that you are talking to that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club. This will get you a 10% discount on your room. These are of course not the only places to stay in the area, but they are in the hub of the gathering and as long as you are staying at one of these Resorts, your launch ramp use is free how-ever many times you wish to use them. Remember, if you have questions or need some help, e-mail or call, I'll be glad to help in any way possible.

WOT-sup
04-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Wasn't even going to consider going due to logistics until it hit me...I'd have to be nuts to miss this.
Think it was a brief talk with Mike Miller and his enthusiasim for this event that started me on the 'correct' decision path. MAN, does this sound like fun! Donzi people and Donzi's en mass. For just getting started on a partial resto, where else would I be? I'll have answers to the questions that I haven't even thought of yet. Just got reservations for the 10th and 12th, that's a good start. If my work schedule holds, I'm in!
Better do a good job of selling Mission Control on this, she's never even heard of it, but I figured I'd better make the res while the making was good!

Look fwd to meeting all of you and seeing the SEADOG's again! .

Brad and (hopefully) Bobbi Whitmore

boldts
04-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Just wanted to let you all know. 17 days until we "AWAKEN the Horses" I am definitely ready for some DONZI time! OOOOOOOOh YYYeeeea eek! :D :) :D eek!

Last Tango
04-22-2002, 09:36 PM
Ranman,
Thrilled to be of service! Glad it helped you! See you there.

Secret F233
04-23-2002, 11:35 AM
Well looks like I'll be sucking wake this time due to the death of the 800 drive lol!!!

But I may Jump in the Spyder & make it for a day or so just to meet some of ya & put some faces with the names. + see your fine classics in person & get some ideas for the deck off resto on the F233!!!

O/O

boldts
04-23-2002, 08:04 PM
Hey everyone. Since this idea was presented by a good friend, I thought I'd ask all of you what you think about it.

Everyone coming to AOTH II brings something to donate to an action. Can be anything. Food, clothing, memorabilia, anything you might have laying around and wish to donate. Doesn't have to be boat related either.

Friday evening during our barbecue, we'll begin to action the items off with proceeds going to both the Midwest Donzi Club and the person who makes this website work for all of us to enjoy, the Harbormaster. Just a thought, let me know what you think! :)

Bad-Tat
04-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Scott,
Was going to donate one of those nice aluminum Donzi trailer hitch covers to you for whatever. If you want to put it in an auction that is fine with me!!!

Dr. Dan
04-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Scott, Sounds good to me! I'll bring an open can of Tuna Fish and a Pink Flamingo and try to get Pearson to be high Bidder so he has something to take to those Nasty Neighborhood Outdoor Parties! :D ...and I may be able to find something of remote value for a real auction item too! wink ...Doc

Digger
04-24-2002, 07:01 AM
Scott,
great idea. I'll bring some HMX-1/ Marine One propaganda, some challenge coins, maybe a squadron Zippo lighter, etc.

boldts
04-24-2002, 11:02 AM
Guys, this reminds me of the comercial where a guy is under his Camaro changing the oil and his loving wife keeps trying to sell his stuff at her garage sale. Beth keeps saying: "You don't need that anymore" and I keep saying: "But honey, can't you see the sentimental value of it?" I have collected a lot of racing memorabilia over the years with quite a bit of it being signed by the drivers, now if I can just convince myself to pry it from fingers.

I really like that the dollars will go to great causes and everyone has an opportunity to participate. You know who you are, Thank-you for the suggestions! :)

Jerry Eisele
04-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Scott, Sounds like the auction will work. I talked to Ned Wisniewski and he is on to be the auctioneer. He said maybe we could get Mike Miller to help? I'll help keep a log on what the items go for. It'll be alot of fun.

WOT-sup
04-25-2002, 12:11 PM
No luck this time...Mrs. WOT-sup advises me that she has plans in an even more distant location, another case of the dreaded PREVIOUS COMMITMENT. Too bad she isn't going to have as much FUN as I am because I'm going to Lake Cumberland. Looks like I'll just have to party for two. Actually, she is quite bummed about missing it.

Hey, SEADOGs,...who's in, who's out. See that HP 500 has more pressing matters (nice looking ride,uh), sorry to miss them. Who's going to make the trip. My general plan is to fly to Lexington or Louisville on Friday and rent a car. Anybody need a ride?
Look fwd to seeing u guys,

Brad and not-this-time Bobbi Whitmore

boldts
04-25-2002, 03:43 PM
For those of you who were told there were no rooms available at the Jamestown Resort. I spoke to Frieda Meincken this afternoon and she has released 8 cabins that can now be rented. These were being held for another group. So, if anyone is on the waiting list or would like to move to Jamestown from a hotel or somewhere else, give Jamestown Resort a call right away. :)

RedDog
04-25-2002, 08:56 PM
Looks like Thursday and Friday nights my first mate son and I will be alone so I will welcome anyone needing a place to land. I'm hoping Donzi Deb will make it Saturday night so only can offer for the first 2 nights at this time.

RickR
04-30-2002, 08:37 AM
I'm hate I'm going to miss seeing everyone but Tommie and I are not going to be able to make AOTH II. We just aquired a four legged black child (Doberman) and are having a blast with her :D She is getting use to ridding in the 22, mabe she'll be with us next year at AOTH III :D

Bandit
04-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Rick R.,

You live too close to miss it! If nothing else, just make a day drive out of it and come on up Sat. to look the boats over and to go for a ride. I can see Tommie now strolling up and down the dock with you're new four legged co-captian.

Tony
05-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Rick & Tommie,

Please re-consider,
your absence we couldn't take.
Hire a dog-sitter...
see you at Cumberland Lake!

boldts
05-03-2002, 12:29 PM
6 DAYS AWAY

Weather Forcast

Thu
May 9 Scattered T-Storms 75°F 48°F
UV Index: 7 High

Fri
May 10 Partly Cloudy 75°F 55°F
UV Index: 9 High

Sat
May 11 Mostly Cloudy 78°F 60°F
UV Index: 8 High

Sun
May 12 Mostly Cloudy 79°F 55°F
UV Index: 7 High

Still doin a no rain dance!

Digger
05-03-2002, 01:32 PM
tonight I shall drink shots of whiskey in order to appease the rain gods...I hear it works.

Sam
05-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Digger, talk about throwing your self on a grenade for the team, your my idle.

Light Weight
Sam

Formula Jr
05-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Clink a drink to them's that can not be there, oh AOTH attendies. I tryed like hell, but the f-ups continued and are non fix-able. Must MICROMANAGE. :mad:

Digger
05-06-2002, 07:22 AM
OK, I had enough whisky this weekend to likker up a whole tribe of Sioux indians...the rain gods are satisfied...I hope

(disclaimer: no offense meant to anyone of native american heritage)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-06-2002, 07:59 PM
2.5 days to go!
Thu May 9 Scattered T-Storms 73°F 50°F
UV Index: 6 Moderate

Fri May 10 Partly Cloudy 74°F 47°F

Sat May 11 Partly Cloudy 75°F 58°F

Sun May 12 Scattered T-Storms 77°F 58°F

Mon May 13 Scattered T-Storms 77°F 56°F

Well as Scott B put it, we might need the 14 decks of cards to keep us busy! Strip poker, auction, Keg beer etc...
DIGGER, keep dancing!
Bryan