PDA

View Full Version : Les Cheneaux Islands Boat Party This Saturday!

Riley
07-09-2002, 09:31 AM
I know this is kind of last minute, but all the plans have come together for our boat party here in the Les Cheneaux Islands for this Saturday. While not entirely a Donzi event, there will be several performance and classic boats in attendance. Everybody is welcome! We will be meeting in town in the morning to get organized, and then enjoying a quick run through the Islands. We will pull up on one of the Island beaches for some food on the grill, and a few boat-pops. Later on, everyone is adjourning to the Islander Bar in Hessel for drinks and dancing. If you think you can make it post here and I'll try to give more of the details. Thanks, Chris

Tomahawk
07-09-2002, 10:26 PM
Dang! We're leaving Lake Lanier on the 14th headed to Charlevoix. Can't get there from here until Sunday evening. Dr. Dan and Liz at Burt Lake until the 14th and you're crew in Hessel the same time. Well, you guys have a good time and we'll be thinking about all of y'all.

Riley
07-10-2002, 10:04 AM
Tom, how long will you be in the Charlevoix area? Are you bringing your boat? Let me know, maybe we could get together for a cruise or a bite to eat.....Chris

Sagbay32
07-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Chris,
I don't see any posts from you all summer and now this gathering thing comes up!
I was sooooo looking forward to seeing the Islands by boat but alas......I just sold my 18
:( :(

I am looking for a bigger boat as we speak.I don't think I will have enough time to find one for this year though.

I have been to the antique boatshow, and really loved your area. I guess I better get on the new boat wagon stat!

Riley
07-10-2002, 05:48 PM
Hey Mike, if you make it up this way you can always hop in with me for a tour of the Islands. This party this weekend was kind of thrown together at the last minute for some of my customers. There are still plenty of weekends left in the summer, maybe we can still hook up. That goes for everybody else, too. If anybody wants to cruise the Les Cheneaux area, just drop me a note!

Tomahawk
07-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Chris - heading back on the 22nd. Weekend will be used up with a reunion of relatives. No boat this year (fish boat last year.) Picking up an old wooden canoe in Manistee on the way up. We may get up your way during the week. Will check with you if we do.

ToonaFish
07-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Mr. Tomahawk, are you drinking the same stuff as Pearson and CDMA????? How many canoes does this make???

Bunches,

Celene 'does Betty Ford have a Boater's Anonymous wing?'

Riley
07-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Okay Tom, that sounds good. It'd be great if you made it up this way, we could play hooky one day and go for a cruise in my 18. Otherwise, I will be down in that area that week on business, maybe we could grab a coffee in Charlevoix or Boyne City....Chris

Tomahawk
07-12-2002, 09:41 PM
ToonaGirl - sold a couple this year so it's only 9. BTW - was that you dancing in that giant houseboat gathering last Wednesday on Allatoona? Y'all sure were loud! eek!
Chris - I'll give you a shout.

ToonaFish
07-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Um, Tom, no, I wasn't rafted with the Aquaholics and I was wearing clothes. (I think.) But I was on the lake. And it was really loud. And I did see fireworks! eek!

Bunches,

Celene 'have a safe trip, ya hear?'