PDA

View Full Version : St.Clair Head Count

Sam
09-09-2001, 08:16 AM
OK ! Let's get a head count for the St.Clair meet on the 22nd. So far I think the list reads as follows.
1.Yours Truly
2.Voodoo
3.Freeplay
4.Ranman

Now I know there are more of you out there, think about it in six weeks the season is all but over. I can't believe you are going to let this chance slip by you. Trust me you will regret it all winter long. If it's a wife or girlfriend thing "they will get over it" come on just do it.

Sam

Donzified
09-09-2001, 09:13 AM
I am looking foward to the 22nd. Meeting at Deckers sound good. Keith Van

Donzified
09-09-2001, 09:41 AM
Also the 22nd is the Octoberfeast at the Idle Hour Yatch Club. It is open to the public for this event and in the past has been an enjoyable time. It would make a great stop for the gathering. The place is way more than one hundred years old and is easy to access from the South chanel.

olredalert
09-09-2001, 09:57 AM
Sam,

Am working feverishly on my new(to me)Corsican and hope to splash sometime this week.Would love to meet you guys.Just hope everything goes as planned.I wish it was a little calmer up the river as I would like to invite you all over to my place for cold refreshments.Im just north of the power-plant north of Marine City,but the river is just too darn rough to safely dock at my place.Dont know if you guys know about Pepper Joes in St.Clair.Just inside the bridge,it has a great deck,good food and cold stuff.Maybe just enough of a run up the river to be a little interesting.Well,if nothing else Ill get to the ramp in Algonac to see you off!!!!!........ol red!

Sam
09-09-2001, 07:22 PM
EXCELENT ! two more to the list, way to go Olredalert and Donzified. Olredalert, keep us in the loop regarding your posible splash this week.

1.Sam
2.Voodoo
3.Freeplay
4.Ranman
5.Oldredalert
6.Donzified
7.????
8.????
9.????
10.????

Tony
09-09-2001, 09:47 PM
Sam et all,
Although a longshot, I am still working on being able to come over...even though it will be sans Donzi. Voodoo has kindly offered me a seat in his Sunsation, which sounds awesome! I can open boat sodas with the best of them, in case anyone else needs a body to stabalize their deep-vee. I'll follow this thread and keep you posted...

jwright
09-10-2001, 08:27 PM
I am going to try and make it, I will firm up my plans soon!
Hey Tony, if I go over I will have room in my boat....

Brad Lyon
09-10-2001, 08:50 PM
I can't make it this weekend. I will be with you in spirit though. I hope there will be another event soon where I can meet up with you guy's. I gots lots of them there questions about this new boat.

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/photos/blyon001.jpg

Brad Lyon
09-10-2001, 08:59 PM
OOPS....

Sorry about that. I wanted to put a little picture in like Tony has been doing. I thought that was really neat. I didn' know it would come out full size and take so long to download. I apologize big time, won't happen again.

Brad

freeplay
09-12-2001, 04:07 PM
ok, shall i assume we'll meet over @ deckers around noon??

Keith, have you talked with any of the guys from around the island yet?

let me know :rolleyes: :D

chris

Sam
09-12-2001, 06:20 PM
Brad, make that closer to 11:00, I think some of the guy's are planing on being in the area about that time. I will post a more definite time as we get closer to the 22nd.
Who's Kieth ?

Sam

Ranman
09-12-2001, 08:48 PM
Sam, Keith is the fella with the yellow '76 X-18 (with a hole in the deck I might add) who met up with us in Algonac at the beginning of the summer.

Sam
09-12-2001, 09:18 PM
Sorry Ranman just another Brain Freeze !!!!! happens all the time. Looking forward to seeing you again, did you find that prop you were looking for. I'am going to cruise around this weekend looking for some new faces. I have seen a few boats out there that I know are not on the boards.

Sam

mikev
09-13-2001, 11:43 AM
hey Brad were did you get the big white DONZI sticker on the back window of your truck?

digitalassociats
09-13-2001, 12:36 PM
Mikev,

I got it from an dealer that sold Donzi's. They do not sell them any more. I called to see if they had any more stickers left but they do not. The sticker on my truck has a black outline though you can not see it from the picture. The sticker is 3D as well, it is about 1/8" thick. Sorry but I do not know what Donzi the sticker was used on as well, might have been the "Z" series? Maybe Donzitester or Harbormaster would know.

Brad

Voodoocanoe
09-13-2001, 04:55 PM
I'm still in, Tony, hope that you can make it so far I will be going solo, Sam, when you go for that ride we'll have to take a detour out into the lake and find some big water :eek: Hopefully the weather will be kind to us on the 22nd unlike last time when I had to blast back across the lake in a monsoon :(

Sam
09-13-2001, 08:51 PM
Sounds good to me ! see you then.

Sam

Tony
09-13-2001, 10:11 PM
I'm working on it, Voodoo, I'll keep you posted.

Sam
09-16-2001, 07:35 PM
Oldredalert, how are you coming on your project, any chance you might make it on the 22nd. Let's do our best to talk this up, the next thing you know the snow will be flying.

I know some may not feel like geting out due to recent events but I say if we don't that's just another point for the that S>O>B>. I refuse to put me head in the sand. We can continue to show respect for the dead and the living by going on with life. If we don't that means they win, and I for one refuse to submit in any shape or form to anyone.

Sam

boldts
09-16-2001, 09:58 PM
Sam,

AMEN!!! I wish I could be there with you all, but I have prior plans to be at the Dover, DE Nascar race. You all will be in my thoughts on the 22nd. Fly the flag with pride as you make your trips to the stopping points. I'll be hoping for good weather for you also.

olredalert
09-16-2001, 11:20 PM
Sam,

Thanks for remembering me.Its looking like I wont have any seats,even if I do get the boat together.Normally that"minor"detail wouldnt deter me too much,but I know my wife wont make it!Its still touch and go.The drive is still split in 4 pieces as of now.Will be spending the next week getting it painted and back together.Im going to stop at the ramp in Algonac no matter what happens.Just let us know where and when........just.........worn out ol red!

Sam
09-17-2001, 12:21 PM
You got it, watch for my post later this week.

Sam

Ranman
09-17-2001, 04:09 PM
Voodoo, Where and when are you putting that big old Sunsation in? I like to launch at the Sheriff's Launch (Clinton River), but my girlie girl doesn't like the ride across the lake (or anywhere really for that matter.) Maybe she can ride with you across the lake, etc??

freeplay
09-18-2001, 10:24 AM
ok guyz, i'm in. we still need a finalized plan here.

i'll be dropping in over @ metro around 10 ish. should be over in the area around 11-12

I also contacted a few other fellow donzi owners and i think 1 or 2 may even show.

do we have a confirmed head count yet?

keep me posted.........chris

Sam
09-18-2001, 04:51 PM
OK ! here is the head count as of today.

1.Sam
2.Ranman
3.Voodoo
4.Freepaly
5.Donzified
6.Oldrealert ?
7.J.Wright ? ( From Grand Haven )

Let's say we meet in front of Deckers for now at 11:00. I will have my cell phone on 248-408-1841 or ch 72 on vhf.Let's do our best to get a few more boats here.

Sam

Donzified
09-18-2001, 07:16 PM
Rated XXX

Three x 18's expected noon at Deckers,Two Yellow One Blue. Donzi Tester are you looking ?

freeplay
09-19-2001, 06:18 PM
11 sounds good to me @ deckers. this weather better be a heluva lot better then today.

I'll have the BlackHawk :eek: along with another 2+3 18.

sea ya then......chris

Sam
09-19-2001, 07:50 PM
Freeplay, the weather looks GREAT ! mostly sunny and 70 ish. We just may get 10 boats yet, see ya on the 22nd.

Sam

Sam
09-19-2001, 07:58 PM
Latest head count for the 22nd.
1.Sam
2.Ranman
3.Voodoo
4.Freepaly & friends ( 2-18's )
5.Donzified & friends( 3-18's )
6.Oldrealert ?
7.J.Wright ? ( From Grand Haven )

Sam

HP 600SC
09-20-2001, 07:31 AM
Donzified,
Oh yes, I'm looking...... http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/rolleyes01.gif let me know
if any of those X boats are for sale.
Thank's,
Ted M.

digitalassociats
09-20-2001, 09:41 AM
I hope someone will take alot of pictures for those who can not make it!

Voodoocanoe
09-20-2001, 05:10 PM
It looks like the 22nd is cancelled for me, a gentleman gave me a deposit on the Sunsation and I don't want to take the chance of anything happening to it and I don't have anything else that will keep up with you guy's. Hopefully this deal won't fall through because I will be very disapointed in missing this event, unless somebody has a seat available? :D

jwright
09-21-2001, 10:58 AM
So what is the schedule?
I am going to try and make it, I have to leave on a business trip sunday so it will be tight for me.
Let me know where everyone is going to be at and when so if I can make it I know where to look!
Thanks!

Sam
09-21-2001, 12:41 PM
Jeff, we are going to meet around noon at a place called Deckers. I think the best place for you to launch is the ramp in Algonac. I say this only because you may need to leave a little early. This is the same place we launched last time, feel free to call on my cell or at home. I will be home tonight.

Sam

Home-734-420-0521
Cell 248-408-1841

Sam
09-21-2001, 12:47 PM
OK here's the deal, everyone should try and be at Deckers around noon. It looks like we should have great weather. I have spoken to a couple of the guy's and have come up with some ideas as far as puting some miles on.
I will have my cell on so feel free to call me Sat.
Voodoo if you want I have a seat for you, let me know.

Sam
Cell:248-408-1841

Ranman
09-21-2001, 01:54 PM
Everybody, I can't wait to get out there to sse you guys. Jeff I hope you come out. I haven't seen or heard from Sagbay, but I wish he would come too. I'm planning on getting to tha ramp in Algonac at 11:00. I should be at the Clinton River launch around 10:30. If anyone wants to meet me on that side of the lake for a ride over should post here soon or call me at 248-227-2015.

freeplay
09-21-2001, 02:14 PM
Ranman,
I'll be @ the ramp at Metro around 10-10:30. we can hook up @ the mouth of metro and blast across if ya want. cell # 810-321-2701

if i don't see you guyz in the lake i'll be leaning on the bar with a "cooley pop" in hand :eek:

cheers!! chris

Sagbay32
09-21-2001, 02:26 PM
I won't be able to make it (mike sheds tear). I have to work tomorrow....all day. I am running a sensitive construction project and the Contractor has decided to slave out his workers for Saturday!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sagbay32
09-22-2001, 09:22 PM
Ok, I worked today :( . Not only did I have to think of all of you playing w/ your Donzi's on the last nice weekend, I had 4x the workload today. I had to settle with talking boats after work and pounding boat sodas to make the pain go away :mad: :mad:

HP 600SC
09-23-2001, 09:20 AM
Ok guy's....where are those pic's of those
X-boats???

komikazee
09-23-2001, 09:50 AM
:confused: This is Just a test. I just got a computer and i would like to participate in a conversation, but i first have to learn the right way to post a reply if you have any hints or suggestion my email is komikazee@hotmail.com feel free to email me null http://www.donzi.net/photos/tpalmer02.jpg

olredalert
09-23-2001, 10:36 AM
What a day!!!!!!!!

First,A big "THANK YOU" to Sam,JWright,and Ranman for haulin my heavy ass all around the Harsens island area.Of course,I didnt manage to get either one of my non-floating money-holes out there so they were kind enough to lend me a seat for the afternoon.DONZI friendship and spirit firsthand.Sams little 16 ran fantastic.JWrights 21GT ran fast with complete comfort,and only a minor amount of trouble after an off-course excursion.Ranmans 18 was a great follow-up ride and ran killer.All great rides,and of course,real pleasing to the eye.The few times we were behind the pack were the best,actually,as I could watch the group flying over all the wakes.Good lunch at Deckers as well,but the boating was the highlight!!!!!!!!!.......ol red!

jwright
09-23-2001, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help guys (especially Sam)
I got back across the state wih no problem... The block of wood held the drive up great and I even have a ferrule in my tool box so I will be ready to go real soon. The long ride back even gave my ego some time deal with the bruise of dealing humphreys law (when the depth of the water is less then the draft of the boat, it will hit bottom).
Bill, I loved hearing about all of your experience with 21GT's. That was real interesting, I will have to hear more someday.

Sam
09-23-2001, 07:18 PM
We had a total of seven boats meet for the St.Clairr gathering. We ended up with a 22 BlackHawk, four 18's and two sixteens. The weather was great and the water not to bad. It was an awesome sight seeing seven Donzi's screaming down the N. Channel. Nothing but shiny boats,white water and noise.

Jeff, glad to hear you made it back ok. I know it was a long haul for you but it was great seeing you and your boat again.

Bill you owe me a ride next year, keep us in the loop on your progress.

Ranman, thanks for the back up help in getting Jeff back to the ramp. As soon as I get the pics developed I'll send them your way. Thank Jen for the photo shoot, she was a great sport and a lovely model.

Sam

Brad Lyon
09-23-2001, 09:30 PM
OK, so where are the pictures?

Ranman
09-24-2001, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys for the great day and the nice comments. Unfortunately, I managed to forget the memory card for my digital camera. I did however manage to get SOME video which I might try to grab some stills from.

Sam, Get the roll developed! I need to get my Donzigirl posted. Jen commented on how nice she thought you and Jeff were. She said she had a real nice time with everybody.

Olredalert, Forgive me for not paying more attention, but it wasn't until I read this post that I realized it was you that we dropped off at Deckers. Had I known it was you, I would have never let off the throttle. It's funny when something suddenly dawns on you. I didn't really think about it, but I did wonder why Sam was alone and then he had a passenger. Then Jeff sometimes was alone and sometimes had a passenger. Oh well, it all makes sense now and it was my pleasure to take you back.

Anyway, on behalf of Jen, Cons and myself, we had a great time and I look forward to seeing you guys out there again next spring.

freeplay
09-24-2001, 10:22 AM
ok 3rd try @ posting these pics........
great day on saturday!! :D http://www.donzi.net/photos/deckers2.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/deckers3.jpg null http://www.donzi.net/photos/deckers4.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/deckers5.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/ranman.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/keith.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/x18k.jpg

freeplay
09-24-2001, 11:20 AM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/de1.jpg

Dennis
09-24-2001, 12:03 PM
I have to thank everyone who came out to play on saturday, it was too much fun !!!!! Kieth, thanks for the invite I've got the yellow X-18 (without the hole) I've been reading the messages and trying to put faces with the names?? I give up!!! any help?
PS I WANT TO DO THE SOUTH CHANNEL ONE MORE TIME, I GOT LOTS OF AIR !!! :D null

Ranman
09-24-2001, 12:26 PM
Dennis,

Randy Oak (aka Ranman) - red and white 18' Classic I had my girlfriend Jen and friend Cons with us.

Sam Pilato (aka Sam) - All red 16' Classic 30th Ann. Edition

Jeff Wright (aka jwright) - Big red GT-21

Chris White (aka freeplay) - 22' Blackhawk

Keith Vandervrieken (aka Donzified) - Yellow X-18 with a beer holder in the deck.

?name? (aka olredalert) - No boat yet, but rode with Sam Jeff and me.

freeplay
09-24-2001, 04:07 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzis.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Voodoocanoe
09-24-2001, 05:12 PM
WoW, It looks like you guys had a great time.
Sam, Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it, but the wife Shanghi'd me into getting some stuff done outside before the cold weather sets in, and I was kicking myself all day since at 6:30a.m it was looking alittle grim outside then it turned into an absoultely beautiful day.maybe next time

Brad Lyon
09-24-2001, 10:01 PM
What a great shot Chris. I wish I could have made it eight boats. It looks like I missed a really nice day, I hope we all can get together in the spring.

Brad

Tony
09-25-2001, 09:41 PM
Great pics...I am so jealous of you guys!

The spring is a MUST for another get together on Lake St. Clair. With one of Red's boats, Voodoo's, Brad Lyon's, Chris Riley's from the U.P., Scott Boldt's (and other OH Donzis?), mine (w/ a fresh repower!?!?!), and several others not mentioned we could have ourselves 20 Donzis blasting up that river!

Sam, great job of organizing, how about a week or two after the AOTH next May?

Ranman
09-26-2001, 05:52 PM
Looks like next year has potential to be big. We might even be able to get factory support from Donzi and a visit from Mr. Miller. How cool would that be? I bet that with a little elbow grease, the MI gathering could easily grow to be one of the largest.

Sam
09-26-2001, 06:01 PM
Randy, how did you post your boat photo, it looks great. We need to get together and discuss a Donzi poker run for next year. I'm going to take my film in tomarrow. I'll give you a shout when I get it back.

Sam

Brad Lyon
09-26-2001, 08:05 PM
Ditto's on the boat photographs (Randy's and Tony's) looking great!

Someone had the idea of starting a "Great Lakes Donzi Club" (I think it was Chris Riley). I thought it was a great idea. Is anyone willing to work with me to start a club? I will work my stern off but I don't know everything and I think it would be best if a few people work together. Maybe we could get one off of the ground during the (brrrrr) winter and have a blow-out next spring? What do you think guy's?

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/photos/blyon0010.jpg

Sam
09-27-2001, 04:11 PM
I will do my part !

Sam

jwright
09-27-2001, 05:01 PM
I am all for it having a club!
I think many of us trailer our boats around alot so we just need to end up at some of the same lakes at the same times. I wonder if some other people would like to go to more places but don't know where to go, a club coud give a chance for others to check out new waters with some local knowledge (hot spots, places to eat, ramps, and of course shallow spots!)
Thoughts that I have is a "meet" for each season. A winter get together at something nautical or help out someone with a restoration for a day (pulling an engine or deck). Then maybe trailer to AOTH-III together in the spring. In July or August go to Torch Lake for a weekend or somewhere up north. When it starts cool off go to the St. Clair River, Saginaw Bay, or over here in Grand Haven, Holland, or Muskegon.
What do you guys think?

olredalert
09-27-2001, 09:10 PM
Good idea guys.I know the idea been passed around before,but the follow-thru was lacking.I know that commitment is difficult for me so its probobly the same for everyone else as well.Ive been in more than a few Corvette clubs in my life,but all I ever wanted to do was pay my dues and go to the meetings.I guess I never wanted anyone to depend on me,with my work schedule back then.I would love to be a part of this and would promise to do what I can!........just.......ol red!

Sam
09-27-2001, 09:16 PM
Jeff your on the right track, beyond my love for speed in small boats I love to cruise with my mother ship.For the past two years I have been the Commodore of a small boat club. During the winter we lay out the cruises for the next season as well as other activities. There is no reason why we can not do the same thing here only on a smaller scale.

I like your thought about going to AOTH III, I know you and I talked about a Mich group making the trip. I know it's no small task to get down there from here but I think it would well worth it. So to get the ball rolling I will commit to helping get this Michigian club going. I will also throw my name in the hat for the AOTH III 2002.

Sam

Sagbay32
09-27-2001, 09:42 PM
I would be in for the club as well. I do prefer Saginaw Bay for outings, being that I was raised on the Bay. I would be interested in getting togeather up there.
I think we need to do some shirts, hats and window stickers. Anyone have any input?

Does everyone have their boats winterized? I think I will be on White Lake this sunday for a last run if anyoine is interested.

Sam
09-28-2001, 06:59 AM
No way ! October can be have some great weather, I will hold of until the end of the month.

Sam

Ranman
09-28-2001, 08:03 AM
I'll be out on Belleville Lake this Sunday if anyone's interested.

Dennis
09-28-2001, 08:13 AM
I would be very interested in a club as well
Could be Fun!!!

Dennis
09-28-2001, 08:17 AM
Sam, what club are you the commadore of???

freeplay
09-28-2001, 12:02 PM
hey guys, i'm all for a club.
I can assist in club or event apparel as i have some really good connections on screen printing along with embroidering on jackets,hats and t-shirts.

we should be able to get printed shirts with a 4 color logo for around $3-$4.00 and sell them for $10-$12.00 with proceeds being applied to the club.

keep me posted.......cheers~ freeplay (chris)

;)

Tony
09-28-2001, 10:53 PM
I'm in as well. Of course I'm presuming I will have a repower in my '67 16' by then! I am also planning on the AOTH 2002 next May.

Sam
09-30-2001, 05:04 PM
Dennis, it's the "Blue Water Boat Club"

Sam

Dennis
10-01-2001, 11:06 AM
Tell me more !! I haven't heard of the club?
what do you do ?where do you go? are you recipricating to other clubs in the area?

Sam
10-01-2001, 09:36 PM
Dennis, we are a traveling club, mostly weekends and one two week trip in July. We are a paper club meaning we have no building.
There are monthly meetings held at a members house on the Clinton River. The meetings start in October and end in April. It is then we start to act on the plans we have made during the winter. Club dues are a whoping $25.00 per year. Most of the boats are in the 30' to 40' range. You are more than welcome to stop over at this months meeting, just let me know.

Sam