PDA

View Full Version : Houghton Lake Sept 8-9?

Riley
08-28-2001, 04:43 PM
Hey Guys, I need to know how many of you are interested in making the run to Houghton Lake on the weekend of the 8-9, and if you need a room. Our room rate at the Holiday will depend on number of rooms, and number of people in each room. Please let me know asap if you plan on making the trip, and if you need a room. Thanks, Chris Riley

Sam
08-28-2001, 08:34 PM
I was planing on going up Sat am and spending the night.

Sam

Brad Lyon
08-29-2001, 06:07 PM
I'm in! I do not need a place to stay. I will drive back and forth or stay with friends. Should we set up a time and place to meet at. How about the launch next to the Holiday Inn was suggested once. This will be my first experience at this and I am looking forward to it. Hope we can get more to show up! Can we coax anyone else?

Brad

digitalassociats
09-05-2001, 11:38 AM
No one has posted a response in a few days, is Houghton Lake this weekend still on or is it off?

Brad

Sagbay32
09-05-2001, 03:04 PM
Did you hear what happened to Tony at Houghton Lake? I don't like weeds!

Sam
09-05-2001, 08:26 PM
We need to firm up a head count (if there is one)for Houghton Lk this weekend. I for one was planing on going. If there is concern about Houghton Lk how about Higgins. I'm game for for anything within reason. Let's get a head count ASAP.

Sam

Brad Lyon
09-05-2001, 08:46 PM
Houghton or Higgins is OK with me. I heard about what happened to Tony as well. Believe me the last thing I need is to blow up my boat three weeks after getting it!! My wife is still pi__ed (censored) at me for buying the boat to begin with. However, I keep my boat on Secord Lake and we have the same weeds. I don't know if we have them as bad as Houghton but I have never heard of anyone overheating because of it. Don't get me wrong I am not saying it could not happen.

Before long every lake in Michigan is going to have these weeds. I am paying $120.00 a year to Clement township to control them (agent orange is what they use) and it has not done a thing to reduce them. Getting back to the point, I am only 35 to 45 min. away from both Houghton and Higgins and I am looking forward to some type of get together.

Another suggestion, I know Secord Lake very well if anyone wants to try it. I'm sure Lost Arrow will have rooms available. Not the best docking but it is a nice place to stay and we can have a cook out at my place on Saturday.

Keep me posted!

Brad

Tony
09-05-2001, 10:20 PM
Trust me on this one, guys, go to Higgins Lake and NOT Houghton. Wish I could join 'ya...have fun!