PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Islands Here we come

Shanghied Again
08-20-2001, 10:02 PM
Anyone going to be up there for the 1000 Island Poker Run? We are leaving Friday morning at 2:30 am :eek: I need my head examined? A friend invited us up on his 38 Cigarette. So I couldn:t refuse? Cant wait. Tried to talk my brother in law in to it with his new 28 ZX but he said it was to far! Beginners. He has to learn the word (Trailering) Gees I mention the word fun run to NY and he looks at me funny! Hope to see any of my Donzi brothers up there PARTY!!! :D

GeneD
08-21-2001, 06:07 AM
Hey Frank!
We just might meet up! Is this the Poker Run being sponsored by Poker Runs America?
We will be up there this weekend also with the race boat. Our pits are by some huge mall in Mississauga.
I am pretty sure this will be concurrently running events. They did the same thing in Cleveland.
Party on!!!!

boxy
08-21-2001, 07:44 AM
Geno, ya know I love you, but have you looked at an atlas. Gananoque is about 4 hours from where you are going to be racing. I think it says a lot for powerboat culture in eastern Canada when we can run an APBA race, and one of the largest Poker Run of America runs on the same weekend. Will your pits be easy to locate ? If you have time, grab a copy of the Florida Trader for me, and I'll send someone in to pick it up. Same deal as last time - Florida BoatTrader for some good Molson beer. :D :D

Frank - it looks like I am a 50/50 shot at best for Sunday only. The Ultimate Frisbee league I play in,( www.ocua.com (http://www.ocua.com) ) is holding the city championships this weekend. What is the name of your buddy's boat, my Dad, and Bro-in-law will be wandering around the pits Friday night, and I'll make sure they drop by and say Hi.
When are you leaving Sunday ? If you are sticking around for a while, I may try to make it up early Sunday AM. Same deal for you as Geno, I'll trade a NJ BoatTrader for some good Molson beer.
I'll even see if I can round up some hats and T's from the rep, for you guys.
Have fun, enjoy Canada, and make sure you keep it right side up.

Moody Blu'
08-21-2001, 08:07 AM
Frank, you better route that long pipe to the end of your trailer like you were talking about!
the haul to canada may put a 2mm layer of diesel suut on your boat.

I hope you get a royal flush at the poker run frank !!! bring that trophy home to the N/E donzi club!!

Red Rocket
08-21-2001, 11:26 AM
Will Donzi Marine have another 38 Daytona Poker Run edition ???? :D