PDA

View Full Version : Waters Edge.

Scott Pearson
08-15-2001, 07:18 PM
Guys,

Just some good info about Waters Edge. Cathy and I stopped there today on our way back from Cape May. It was her Birthday and we spent the day there. Any hooooo....We stopped at Waters Edge to check it out. What a GREAT place! But, Make sure that you bring an Anchor if you are planning on mooring the boat. (This is what I would do without a Doubt) The docks are not going to be Classic Friendly. The bigger boats a fine but the low ones forget it. Unless you Crip the boat in the areas that allow for it. Bring extra line! If you only have one bow and stern line get two more!

Also...I forgot, I'm not sure if I will be able to make it on Saturday. I will play it by ear.

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
08-15-2001, 07:41 PM
damn it!! you better be there!!!
I really NEED to see your classic :( please come!!!!!!

Shanghied Again
08-15-2001, 09:18 PM
Scott there are a couple of places to get the boats to the doc depending on the wind, mooring is a great way, They have a water taxi Bring an anchor and lines if you have fenders I suggest them. We will be there about 11 am

JP BRESCIA
08-16-2001, 03:35 PM
Scott/Frank, What is going on Saturday? I thought it was rescheduled for Sunday? :confused:

JP BRESCIA
08-16-2001, 04:00 PM
nevermind. I just went to the events and gatherings page and got my answer. See ya there. :cool:

JP BRESCIA
08-16-2001, 04:14 PM
Is anyone up for meeting in AC, Holgate, Barnegat, etc. and then running up to the Waters Edge from there?

Moody Blu'
08-16-2001, 07:51 PM
hey jp, were are you located??
I am in manahawkin n.j. ill meet up with you if you want to.
my house is right on mill creek.
let me know before then, email me.
oh its suppose to be sunny on sat!! :D

Moody Blu'
08-17-2001, 10:13 AM
frank, would you happn to know the intercoastal marker that the waters edge is by? so I happen to have a "gone to far point"???
I know the where abouts of waters edge but its been a while.
I grew up sailing in barnegat bay.
let me know

JP BRESCIA
08-17-2001, 10:26 AM
Sky, it looks like I will be trailering up from Wildwood tonight and then trailering directly to the Waters Edge tomorrow. Since the weather might be iffy, I don't want to ride 70 miles back in the rain. :(

Do you know of a ramp near the waters edge to dump in?

Call me at 609-519-6345 if you know of one.
Thanks.

looking forward to my first event! :cool:

JP BRESCIA
08-17-2001, 11:35 AM
Sky, I called the waters edge regarding a nearby ramp location and they could not give me one.

Therefor, I would love to join you guys for the run up to the gathering from Manahawkin. I will be on the road for most of the night so please give me call when you get a chance. Cell 609-519-6345. thanks.

Moody Blu'
08-17-2001, 01:18 PM
I will be meeting up with you at 10:30 am tomorow jp.
I will be meeting up with jim and scott(the other classic that is coming with us) at around 5:30 today to discuss where we are meeting you at.
I hope my gauges come today!

Scottt are you coming???????
I told jp about your donzi he really wants to see it to.

I may just order a electric water pump today, because id rather spray the pump with wd-40 and replace the impeller every year(just like a rubber impeller) and free up some horsepower, unless someone gives me a really good reason no to use an electric pump.
i''lll wait till monday to order it and discuss it with everyone at the club.

cant wait to meet everyone tomorow.
I just wish my boat loked a little better

Shanghied Again
08-17-2001, 03:24 PM
J.P.

There is a marina down the street from the Water's Edge. It is call the Ocean Gate Yacht Basin. Here is the number if you want to call and found out how much it cost to lauch. 732-269-2565.

I hope this helps.

Melissa (Frank's Better Half) :)