PDA

View Full Version : George T. Bagby ==> Eufaula Three

Forrest
05-31-2001, 11:45 AM
Just in case anyone missed the post I just made on the who is going to lake eufula on labor day? (http://www.donzi.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001857.html) thread, here it is:

It's a done deal!

George T. Bagby State Park is the offical site for the Third Annual Lake Eufaula Donzi Get Together.

Variak has already reserved his room at Bagby and I reserved the remaining 12 rooms for this event.

Here's how it works. Call Bagby State Park at (229) 768-2571, and tell them that you want one (or more) rooms reserved for the Donzi Boat Event over the Labor Day Weekend. Give the them your credit card number and get the room put into your name. I booked for the rooms for arrival on Friday, August 31, 2001, and departure on September 3, 2001. The rate is $65.00/night with the arrival time being after 4:00PM. If you need to cancel, there is no charge up to 30 days out which would put the cut-off date at August 1, 2001. If you want to arrive prior to or after Friday August 31, just let them know, I'm sure that they can accomodate. Also, let them know if you plan to leave prior to or after September 3, when you book.

Also, I will cancel any rooms not booked by July 31; however, I would recommend that you book your room ASAP since it is now first-come-first-serve between the folks on this board, and last year there was 14 room booked at Lakepoint for us. I figure that these 12 rooms should go fast.

---

Make that 11 rooms left, Emmo just booked his . . .

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 06-03-2001).]

BigGrizzly
05-31-2001, 07:15 PM
9 and counting down, I booked early today.

Y'all come down. or up hear. (That's Georga for get your butts in gear)

Randy

Emmo
05-31-2001, 10:27 PM
Make it 8, I have my room! BTW- Thanks to Forrest for putting this together http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

Forrest
05-31-2001, 10:54 PM
Actually, there are 9 rooms left since I previously counted Emmo as already booking one.

roadtrip2
06-04-2001, 04:53 PM
After much discussion with my Texas "team", to remain un-named for the moment, they are none too thrilled on driving across the south on a major summer holiday weekend. The Texas contingent must respectfully bow out. Sorry gang... Todd

[This message has been edited by roadtrip2 (edited 06-04-2001).]

Jamesbon
06-05-2001, 08:30 AM
Make it 7, that is as long as I can bum a ride if my rig's not done by then?? Oh, and I'll have plenty of "boat soda..."

Forrest
06-05-2001, 09:37 AM
Oh yea, Nate, you and Kelly can bum a ride.

Anyway, I was finally able to take my 'ol black, white, and red, X-18/383/TRS out last Sunday for the first time without having to bring it back home and pull the engine for one reason or another. In fact, it ran pretty darn good. The prop seems to be a little too much since I can only get 4500 RPM's out of it and I'm looking for about five-grand. The prop I'm turning is a 16x23" Kiekhaefer small-hub offshore cleaver that has lots of blade area. I mean, it's a big prop. With it's less blade area, a 14x23" solid-hub Mirage or Mirage Plus would probably be just right.

Forrest
06-12-2001, 02:26 PM
Don't get left out! Book soon because when these rooms are gone and you don't have one and want to go, you will need to wait for someone to cancel at the Bagby State Park Lodge, or find accommodations in nearby Ft. Gains, Georgia . . . or camp . . . or double up!

Forrest
07-24-2001, 02:03 PM
I just got off the phone with Debbie at the George T. Bagby Lodge, and as of this posting there is one room still available at the lodge. If no one here take this room by Monday, July 30, 2001, it will be automatically cancled by the lodge. If you are thinking about attending to this great Donzi event, now is the time to act by reserving this last room.

Dean G, did you book your room yet?

See you at Eufaula III!

Forrest
07-24-2001, 02:31 PM
Who's going to Eufaula III?

Last Tango
madpoodle
Jamesbon
Emmo
BigGrizzly
Tomahawk
JoeP
J&K SHAHBAS
BillB
jkeefe
Donzitester
marcdups
Forrest

and many more including a rep from the largest Donzi dealer in the North Florida Panhandle/South Georgia/South Alabama area!

I know that I missed a few, and I may remember later, but let me know if you are suppose to be on the list.

CrackerJack
07-24-2001, 04:24 PM
Forrest, Jack Keefe also attending.
For Cliff, I am taking my Donzi too.

Last Tango
07-24-2001, 07:52 PM
"Varyak" has been replaced with "Last Tango", my boat name, so don't get confused with the new name on the potential responses to this thread - same guy, same boat, new name.
Mark ;)

HP 600SC
07-24-2001, 09:47 PM
I will be there with my new 22 :D

Forrest
07-25-2001, 08:30 AM
Extra goood!!!! Did anyone take that last room?

Tomahawk
07-27-2001, 05:17 AM
Forrest - also a fellow with a 4.3L 16 from NC, I believe. Marc Dupavillon maybe? :)

Forrest
07-27-2001, 10:41 AM
It's going to be great! http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy22.gif Bring it on Marc!!! I just hope that everyone has a place to stay. http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/confused22.gif

Forrest
07-27-2001, 11:49 AM
NOTICE: As of now, all the rooms the were reserved for the Eufaula III Donzi Get Together at the George T. Bagby Lodge, have been taken. If you plan to go to to this Donzi event and do not have a room yet, you will need to call the Lodge at the above number from time to time to check for cancelations. Otherwise, Ft. Gains, Georgia, is nearby, but I'm not sure what accomodations are available there. If anyone gets a line on any other accomodations, pleas post it here. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

I look forward to seeing everyone and all the cool Donzis at the George T. Bagby State Park and Lodge on Labor Day Weekend.

---------
Forrest

CrackerJack
07-27-2001, 03:36 PM
GREAT JOB FORREST, FOR ANYONE COMING FROM
FLORIDA I PLAN ON GOING FROM SANFORD TO OCALA
THEN UP I-75 EARLY FRIDAY MORNING. ANYONE
FOR TEAMING UP FOR A ROLLING DONZI ROAD SHOW,
I AM FLEXIBLE ON TIMES. JACK

Forrest
07-28-2001, 11:54 AM
You can go to www.MapQuest.com (http://www.MapQuest.com) and put in the zip code of 31751, which is Bagby State Park Form there, you can zoom out to figure exactly where were you are going and how to get there.

Forrest
07-28-2001, 08:29 PM
I just got word that Dean Gillispy(sp?) is going to camp at Cotton Hill Campground and doesn't need his room anymore. If you want it, you better jump on it by sending email to directly to Dean.

Dean's email is: mailto:Deangill@aol.comDeangill@aol.com</A>

see you there!

marcdups
07-28-2001, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, have been busy but cannot wait to meet ya'll, I'll be there one way or the other, dry or should I bring some boat sodas??
Marc

went to drag races today and no did not dress like a girl!! :p

boldts
08-17-2001, 05:29 AM
Wouldn't happen to be against Donzitester's new Classic would it? :eek:

Tomahawk
08-19-2001, 08:43 PM
Drag race huh - this should be fun. Sure thing Scot - I'll bring our Stalker radar gun. This looks like, yet another, great group of Donzi dudes and dudettes. See y'all soon! :cool:

Forrest
08-27-2001, 11:45 AM
You guys still up for doing a cook out on Saturday a the island? Who can bring what? Tom, you still have that EZ Up. The island is very close to Bagby State park. We may need to ferry a few items over there in advance like a grill, beach chairs, etc. I'll volunteer my Donzi as a ferry boat.

For those who new to Eufaula, there is large very nice beach on the island that we plan to take over. So in addition to bringing your Donzi and Donzi stuff, bring your beach stuff too.

Tomahawk
08-27-2001, 09:50 PM
Yep - got a couple. Perhaps ol'Grizz and I can ferry them out to the island early- like Friday!

Forrest
08-28-2001, 11:33 AM
I have a gas grill that's kind of falling apart that I can bring, but if anyone has one in better shape that they can toss in the back of their pickup, I will be happy to run it out to the island in my X-18. Otherwise I will clean this one up and bring it in my van.

A lightweight folding table or two would be good to have, too. Anyone? Emmo?

Last Tango
08-29-2001, 07:27 AM
I have a folding card table I will bring that should fit easily in the back of my boat when we go to the island?
Mark

Forrest
08-29-2001, 08:38 AM
Great Mark! We are just about ready. I figure that we can get all the cookout goodies at a grocery store in Ft. Gains. Of course, if anyone wants to bring anything from home please do so.

As for restaurants in town, I have no idea, but as I understand, there is a restaurant at the Lodge.

Forrest
08-29-2001, 04:33 PM
I regret to inform everyone that Mike Miller and company will be unable to attend Eufaula III due to a work schedule conflict. We will truly miss him and his family at this fun event.

Mike asks that we take many pictures and send him copies so that he can post them on the Donzi Marine website.

Last Tango
08-29-2001, 09:38 PM
Forrest,
I will also bring a nice shade canopy to put over the table. I bought a bigger table for the food. Twice the space, and half the weight of the card table.
Folks need to remember to bring folding chairs unless they want to sit in the sand or their boat.
I will leave Jax about 10:00 on Friday and arrive around 3:30. I'm psyched for this event!
Mark :cool:

Last Tango
08-29-2001, 09:39 PM
Forrest,
I will also bring a nice shade canopy to put over the table. I bought a bigger table for the food. Twice the space, and half the weight of the card table.
Folks need to remember to bring folding chairs unless they want to sit in the sand or their boat.
I will leave Jax about 10:00 on Friday and arrive around 3:30. I'm psyched for this event!

Last Tango
08-29-2001, 09:41 PM
I swear I have no idea why I double posted! I only hit the key ONCE!
Mark :rolleyes:

marcdups
08-31-2001, 07:02 AM
Hi Guys & Gulls, will be leaving this morning a little late so will get there about 12 pm, hope to see you all in the am, Marc :eek: :D :D

Forrest
08-31-2001, 11:59 AM
Well folks, I'm getting ready to shove off to Eufaula III and low and behold some SOB stole my gas BBQ grill that I was going to bring for the cookout. What happened was I was cleaning it with degreaser this morning in my driveway and left it there to dry while I drove to the store to get another gas bottle and some supplies. When I returned it was gone. That really sucks too, since I'm not really sure if we have a backup. Anyway, I'm out of here.

Last Tango
09-02-2001, 08:36 PM
Forrest,
Another awesome weekend! Thanks so much for organizing this one. I hope you folks didn't get as much rain today at the lake as I had to drive through on the way home! Safe arrival home to everyone!
I'm REALLY looking forward to this event again for next year, and Bagby is definitely the place to stay.
For all of you who missed this one, better get it on your schedule early for next year. Great water, great running, and great people! What a cool time! Oh, and WE got to see the very first public screening of the AOTH video!!!!! See what you missed? 12 stunning Donzi's, AND a great weekend!

Forrest
09-03-2001, 05:20 PM
Thank you Mark and every one else there! George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge is the new home of the South's largest and longest running Donzi event.

Look for the new thread to be posted very soon on information about booking your room at Bagby for Eufaula IV.