PDA

View Full Version : S.E. Mich Fall Gathering

Sam
08-16-2001, 08:51 PM
OK! I have two dates in mind, Sept 23rd or the 30th. I want to start a list of people who are serious about showing up. I also am looking for sugestions for a location. Keep in mind travel time, and water temperment. I know some would like to splash around in Lk Erie but I don't trust that water. Is there an inland lake that has a decent ramp an parking that anyone could suggest? At the last Mich gathering we ended up running around the Algonac area. I would be willing to host this event at my marina which is right next to the launch ramp in Algonac. You can always find good water around here. This is just a suggestion, I know this would be a drive for some of you. So let's see what we can come up with.

Sam

boldts
08-16-2001, 09:02 PM
Sam,

See my thoughts in the Events Listing area. In general, what I said there was Sept. 30th, Toledo, Monroe, Detroit, or Lake St. Clair in that order due to travel time for me.

Ranman
08-17-2001, 10:29 PM
Sam,

It has been a while since that first frigid day out in the North Channel. I have to thank you for opening my eyes to the channel network. All summer I have been all over out there exploring and finding my way around. Deckars and Gull are still my favorites. A few weeks ago I put in at the Clinton River around 9:00am on a Wednesday and ran all the way to the Ren Cen then followed the shipping channel across the lake, past Gull, and ended at Deckers for a re-fuel and lunch. What fun!
I will follow the thread and plan to meet anywhere in the channels or on the Lake. If you guys decide on a further trip like Erie or Houghton, I'll have to play it by ear. I would love to see a pack of Donzi's out in the channel or hanging at Gull!

Sagbay32
08-18-2001, 06:23 PM
Depending on the Date this could work out as well. keep the ideas coming

Mike

freeplay
08-20-2001, 05:32 PM
Hey guys i just found your thread. I can make arrangements for a "get together" over @ Browns on Harsens Island. I most likely will be able to get us a discount on food/drinks and there is more than enough room for docking. Keep me posted.....cheers, chris ;)

Sam
08-20-2001, 09:36 PM
We ended up at Browns back in June, but that works for me. If you Guys don't have any other sugestions then I think our best bet for good water and plenty of space is Algonac. Let me know who can make it for the weekend of 9-22 or 9-29. Which ever weekend works best for the majority that's the one.

Sam

boldts
08-20-2001, 10:15 PM
Sam,

9-29 works for me. I enjoyed the run on the river last time even if you all were faster than I was. I appreciate you all waiting up and checking on me every now and then. It was a fun day. :D