PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question??

knee deep
06-13-2003, 07:15 AM
Okay I'm stumped, I am about to start re-installing the hardware on the '68 18. The boat was painted at some point and whoever painted it put some cheap hardware on the engine hatch. I know it had the corner hold downs but am trying to figure out if it had a handle and if so what type. I've looked at the archive pics and just can't find the answer. The boat in the archive while advertised as a '69 is obviously older as it is a barrelback with a two piece hatch. I know this is a stupid question but I know one of you guys will have the answer. I have restored the boat rather and make it an update, although most equipment is new, am trying to keep appearance as original as possible. Thanks..........

JimG
06-13-2003, 09:03 PM
My 1970 has corner hold-downs and no handle...

boldts
06-16-2003, 10:47 AM
My 69 18' Classic had the 2 hinges in the back and to open the hatch, it had a latch that interlocked with another piece in which you could then put a what I call circle pin like used on race cars. I never needed the pins because the latch itself was tight and stayed shut. There was one of these on each corner in the front of the hatch. I'll see if maybe I have a pic somewhere of it.