PDA

View Full Version : 30' Kavalk (Like Z33, but nicer!) Will trade!

XK18_1972
09-28-2002, 01:17 AM
Hi,

I am still selling my Kavalk, and will take a trade of a Donzi or similar smaller boat or perhaps something else interesting (diesel truck, other brand boat) as a down payment. Take a look at the Kavalk photos here;

http://photos.yahoo.com/xk18_1972

and let me know what you think of it. It actually has a book value of ~$100,000 (www.bucvalu.com), but I am only looking for around $36,000 for it. If someone with a 16', 18', 19', 21', 22', or 28' classic Donzi wants to trade up I'd love to hear from you!

Jim Weber, Long Island, NY

Dave911
09-29-2002, 01:14 AM
Nice looking boat. Has the salt taken a heavy toll on the drives? Looks like fresh water cooling? Overall weight? Max speed (50mph-ish)?

Might possibly partial trade with my old (new) Sutphen 18.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscn0976.jpg
See "Almost finished" under Other performance boat talk for more pics.

I'm heading to the East Coast this coming weekend, and may want to take a look...Dave

Dave911
09-29-2002, 01:15 AM
Nice looking boat. Has the salt taken a heavy toll on the drives? Looks like fresh water cooling? Overall weight? Max speed (50mph-ish)?

Might possibly partial trade with my old (new) Sutphen 18.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscn0976.jpg
See "Almost finished" under Other performance boat talk for more pics.

I'm heading to the East Coast this coming weekend, and may want to take a look...Dave

XK18_1972
09-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Hi! Thanks for the compiment. The salt doesn't affect the drives too much if the drive grounds are all in place, plus I added (3) additional zincs on each drive. The boat has been stored out of the water for most of it's life. It has only stayed in the water for long periods during the last two seasons. This year all the bottom paint was removed and it was reprimed and painted with a high perfomance antifoul. It cruise at around 45mph at 3,500rpm, with a top speed of around 63mph at 4,600rpm. It is swinging 23" Mirage props. 22" or 24" Bravo 1 4 bladers would be much more efficent on this boat, however, and they would definatly raise the cruise speed and top end. The current "trade-in" value of the boat is actuallly over $100,000 (www.bucvalu.com) however I feel a relistic selling price if more like $36,000. Here's the text from an ad I posted on another site;

KAVALK BOATS LTD, BURNABY BC, CANADA Modify Search
Model Year 1990 Engine Type Inboard-Outboard Twin 330G Mercury Marine/Mercruiser
Model SPORT CRUISER Hull Material Fiberglass
Length Overall 30’ 3” Hull Configuration Deep Vee
Weight 7,500 lbs. Draft 2'2
Boat Type Sport Cruiser | Open Beam 8'6
Retail Price Range:* $103,500-$114,000 USD

Please see the vessel condition table below, to determine how condition affects market value.
Excellent (Bristol) Above BUC Condition BUC Condition Fair Poor Restorable
Plus 15-20% Plus 10-15% No Adjustment Necessary Minus 10-20% Minus 25-50% Minus 50-80%

Kavalk, now known as Kazulin, built only 16 of this model so that it would remain very exclusive. My boat is hull #6 of 16.

Twin fresh water-cooled Mercruiser 454 330HP engines power it and they run flawlessly. There are approximately 250 hours on one engine and 150 on the other. Cruising speed of 40 mph at 3,200 rpm. Top speed is over 60 mph. The props are Mercruiser Mirage 23” pitch stainless steel. It has through hull exhaust, concealed under the swim platform, but it isn’t too loud because it has Mercruiser mufflers.

The boat is rigged like a race boat, with dual power steering pumps hooked up to a Mercury racing priority valve and steering fluid reservoir, and it has Kiekhaefer K-Planes with mechanical indicators on the dash. Also on the dash are an electronic compass, depth finder, Sony pull out stereo, and a full complement of VDO gauges, all factory installed options. While rigged like a race boat, it does not ride like one. It has a 22-degree V at the transom, so it is not tender and tippy.

As you can see in the photos, this boat has beautiful teak decks, cockpit, and cabin sole inlaid into the fiberglass structure. The teak really makes this boat stand out in the crowd, along with the lovely tumblehome transom and steps to the swim platform. The deck hardware is all top quality, including an electric anchor capstan winch.

The cabin includes a convertible dinette, v-bunks, and a head with an electric toilet, holding tank, and hot water shower. She carries 30 gallons of fresh water, and has a 6-gallon hot water heater. It also has dockside power. The stove is a Swedish catalytic unit (no open flames) that vents outside of the hull. It is also a cabin heater. The refrigerator is a solid-state electronic (no Freon or compressor) type that uses very little energy. There is an additional Sony stereo pull out chassis mounted in the cabin, and a Sony 6 disc CD changer comes with the boat. The standing headroom in the cabin is about 5’, to preserve the sleek lines of the boat. All the upholstery and headliner in the cabin is satiny smooth saddle Ultra Suede, and it is in nice shape. There is also plenty of storage under the seats, and in the lovely curved cabinets surrounding the dinette. The cabin and the cockpit are both one-piece fiberglass liners, not plywood with carpet glued to it.

XK18_1972
09-30-2002, 08:25 PM
And now, here is the above message AFTER I spell spell checked it!

Hi! Thanks for the compliment. The salt doesn't affect the drives too much if the drive grounds are all in place, plus I added (3) additional zincs on each drive. The boat has been stored out of the water for most of it's life. It has only stayed in the water for long periods during the last two seasons. This year all the bottom paint was removed and it was reprimed and painted with a high performance antifoul. It cruise at around 45mph at 3,500rpm, with a top speed of around 63mph at 4,600rpm. It is swinging 23" Mirage props. 22" or 24" Bravo 1 4 bladers would be much more efficient on this boat, however, and they would definatly raise the cruise speed and top end. The current "trade-in" value of the boat is actually over $100,000 (www.bucvalu.com) however I feel a realistic selling price if more like $36,000. Here's the text from an ad I posted on another site;

Model Year 1990 Engine Type Inboard-Outboard Twin 330G Mercury Marine/Mercruiser

Please see the vessel condition table below, to determine how condition affects market value.
Plus 15-20% Plus 10-15% No Adjustment Necessary Minus 10-20% Minus 25-50% Minus 50-80%

Kavalk, now known as Kazulin, built only 16 of this model so that it would remain very exclusive. My boat is hull #6 of 16.

Twin fresh water-cooled Mercruiser 454 330HP engines power it and they run flawlessly. There are approximately 250 hours on one engine and 150 on the other. Cruising speed of 40 mph at 3,200 rpm. Top speed is over 60 mph. The props are Mercruiser Mirage 23” pitch stainless steel. It has through hull exhaust, concealed under the swim platform, but it isn’t too loud because it has Mercruiser mufflers.

The boat is rigged like a race boat, with dual power steering pumps hooked up to a Mercury racing priority valve and steering fluid reservoir, and it has Kiekhaefer K-Planes with mechanical indicators on the dash. Also on the dash are an electronic compass, depth finder, Sony pull out stereo, and a full complement of VDO gauges, all factory installed options. While rigged like a race boat, it does not ride like one. It has a 22-degree V at the transom, so it is not tender and tippy.

As you can see in the photos, this boat has beautiful teak decks, cockpit, and cabin sole inlaid into the fiberglass structure. The teak really makes this boat stand out in the crowd, along with the lovely tumblehome transom and steps to the swim platform. The deck hardware is all top quality, including an electric anchor capstan winch.

The cabin includes a convertible dinette, v-bunks, and a head with an electric toilet, holding tank, and hot water shower. She carries 30 gallons of fresh water, and has a 6-gallon hot water heater. It also has dockside power. The stove is a Swedish catalytic unit (no open flames) that vents outside of the hull. It is also a cabin heater. The refrigerator is a solid-state electronic (no Freon or compressor) type that uses very little energy. There is an additional Sony stereo pull out chassis mounted in the cabin, and a Sony 6 disc CD changer comes with the boat. The standing headroom in the cabin is about 5’, to preserve the sleek lines of the boat. All the upholstery and headliner in the cabin is satiny smooth saddle Ultra Suede, and it is in nice shape. There is also plenty of storage under the seats, and in the lovely curved cabinets surrounding the dinette. The cabin and the cockpit are both one-piece fiberglass liners, not plywood with carpet glued to it.
smileybo

Dave911
09-30-2002, 09:22 PM
I am interested. Please see your e-mail for more information. I am most interested in a partial trade, but would consider an outright purchase of the boat. I look forward to hearing from you. Dave

XK18_1972
10-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Hi! Yes, I responded to your email did you get it? As I said, I can show it to you and take you for a ride early Saturday morning. I can also take you out on Sunday, but again only in the early morning. I told you in the email that I was free all day Sunday, but I forgot I promised my friend I would help him sell some boats (Glastron, Baha Cruisers, Sea Sport) at a local boat show that day. The show starts at 11AM. I hope to hear from you soon!

Jim

cistineb

Dave911
10-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Hey Jim - Made it to the right coast last night. Please call my mobile phone (714) 404-8366, and we can set up a meeting for tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you. (as echoed to your e-mail address). Dave

XK18_1972
03-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi All! I still have this boat for sale or trade. If someone has some interest please write me!

Trueser
04-19-2003, 11:59 PM
The Boat has the same look as a Z29..

Nice....

XK18_1972
04-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi!,

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, they do look similar, but the Kavalk has the rounded transom (tumblehome) and a larger cabin that has a v-berth, a galley, a dinette that seats at least 5, and a full head with a holding tank and a hot water shower. A nice performance cruiser.

Jim

neil mclaughlin
09-29-2006, 07:35 PM
And now, here is the above message AFTER I spell spell checked it!

Hi! Thanks for the compliment. The salt doesn't affect the drives too much if the drive grounds are all in place, plus I added (3) additional zincs on each drive. The boat has been stored out of the water for most of it's life. It has only stayed in the water for long periods during the last two seasons. This year all the bottom paint was removed and it was reprimed and painted with a high performance antifoul. It cruise at around 45mph at 3,500rpm, with a top speed of around 63mph at 4,600rpm. It is swinging 23" Mirage props. 22" or 24" Bravo 1 4 bladers would be much more efficient on this boat, however, and they would definatly raise the cruise speed and top end. The current "trade-in" value of the boat is actually over $100,000 (www.bucvalu.com) however I feel a realistic selling price if more like $36,000. Here's the text from an ad I posted on another site;

smileybo

I am interested in the Kavalk - call me 905 634 9700 or email nmclaughlin@cogeco.ca
Thanks

neil mclaughlin
09-29-2006, 07:37 PM
I am interested in your Kavalk if still available Neil - nmclaughlin@cogeco.ca or 905 634 9700
Thanks

lars
09-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Neil, if no luck with this one, check with San Ramon Boat Center, CA (see link). They had one of these for sale a year ago and one never knows with today gas prices the boat might be up for sale again if the price offered is tempting enough. They were asking about $20K for that one and it seemed to be in very nice condition, like most Lake Tahoe boats, if judged by the pictures in Boatrader Online.
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=9931831&ck=4229644127&tab=B2C&city=Antioch&state=CA&country=us&slt=38.005001&sln=-121.804703&cs=4&stat=:pos:11:regular:regT:20:fbT:0
Best of luck. These are great looking boats of very high quality.

charleszimmerman
10-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Did this boat sell or are you still looking for a buyer ???

XK18_1972
10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi All,

The Kavalk is long gone, but I can build you a new 24' model. If anyone wants a photo of it, write me at jweber5@optonline.net. We are also working on a 27' and 44' fast yacht, but they are a few years off.

Regards,

Jim Weber

Dave911
10-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Hey Jim. Hope your having fun with the k boats. That 30 was incredible.

Lars, I saw that San Ramone boat moored on Lake Tahoe 2 years ago. Had a busted out portal, but was in fine condition otherwise. Was a steal for the money they were asking. MAybe someday after my 26' Sutphen...D911

lars
10-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I eagerly await what You will end up in next Dave. Personally I would bet a fair amount of $$$ that within 10 years You will be seen around Catalina in a decent size Magnum going faster than most would think possible in such a boat.

Dave911
10-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I eagerly await what You will end up in next Dave. Personally I would bet a fair amount of $$$ that within 10 years You will be seen around Catalina in a decent size Magnum going faster than most would think possible in such a boat.

Cheers to that! Hope your having a good summer with the Schiada...D911

spectras only
12-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi All,
The Kavalk is long gone, but I can build you a new 24' model. If anyone wants a photo of it, write me at jweber5@optonline.net. We are also working on a 27' and 44' fast yacht, but they are a few years off.
Regards,
Jim Weber
Jim , I'm new to this site and just caught this thread searching on Kavalk boats . Are you in touch with Tony ? I'm a friend of his and he left bc for ontario a little while ago . He must be very busy restoring his old boats there ,since I haven't heard from him lately .

XK18_1972
12-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey,

Yes, I am his friend, and business partner, building new Kazulin Boats. I remember him mentioning a friend of his that owns a Spectra. If you like, write me with your contact information, and I get you in touch with Tony. Please write me at jweber5@optonline.net, and I will also send you my phone number. I would like to talk with you!

Regards,

Jim Weber

spectras only
12-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey,
remember him mentioning a friend of his that owns a Spectra. Regards,
Jim Weber

that would be me :wink: .

Here's a picture of Tony and me crusing around Deep Cove vancouver .

http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Boating_055%20copy2.jpg

Just adding some pics for the Kavalk family

Interior of a 29 Kavalk
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/salon.jpg

Updated dash for the 29
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/dash.jpg

19 footer
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk19.8.jpg
Jim's 29
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk29d.jpg

Tony testing
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kazulin24.14%20copy.jpg

One more
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/still%20port%20copy.jpg

33 crossbow
12-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Nice, But I don't know that it is nicer than a 90mph Z-33, DONZI.

apollo24
12-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Absolutely beautiful boats. That 19 is about the sweetest ride I think I have ever seen. The 1/2 breed is nice, too!

steven rowley
07-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Hello,

I came across you boat on line , is it still for sale! My father has the some boat in green. Are the legs in good shape , what kind off hrs are on the 454 mags. Is the teak still in good shape.Is it still as clean as in the photos Please get back to me.

Regard
Steven Rowley

Bvinc
07-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Where is it made? Where is it now? Is it still for sale

steven rowley
07-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Hello .

I would like to find out if you are still selling boat Please call me (250)545-2797 Steve

Nielsen
12-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Interesting stuff- Bought the same boat form guy in Ct. and now it is at Kauzlin being restored. Same boat Kavalk # 6. if any of you guys know where its been I would be interested to know its history

Vertigo
01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Hey Nielsen, did you buy the one in Milford? I missed the ad, but sure love those boats.
Rob

Nielsen
01-04-2011, 09:10 PM
yes I did> I can check with Tony to if is aware of others for sale>where have you seen them didn't think there were that many around.