View Full Version : For Sale - 1972 19ft. Beismeyer - Donzi

Hoser
12-13-2003, 07:03 PM
1972 19ft. Beismeyer - Donzi
468 Chevy big block engine, 4 barrell holly
80+ miles an hour
Great condition
$9,500.00 OBO
Email me at jcadiz4595@hotmail.com if you want to see pictures of this boat. mailto:jcadiz4595@hotmail.comjcadiz4595@hotmail.co m</a>

oldLenny
12-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Beismeyer???, all I know about them is they are a German Company that made a GREAT small saw fence design (held the Patent) and recently (a few years back) sold the rights to DELTA. (Pent-Air Group)Ten times the design of a Uni-fence on small saws.

Ok, so did they plug the DONZI???

Pics please :D

Sagbay32
12-14-2003, 01:58 AM
Historically I believe they were one of the first flat bottom river runners that became popular in the late 60's to early 70's on the left coast.
Search on HotBoat Magazine to read more. I believe correct spelling is Biesemeyer.

This one has Flat Racer written all over it.
Mike

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
12-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Rusty Biesemeyer built boats in Arizona,.. Phoenix, I believe. He had a line of outboards, some day-cruisers and jetboats.
The company and the rights to the Biesemeyer name changed hands several times, much like the Donzi name.
Ironically, the boat he's most famous for, the Biesemeyer circle racer flatbottom, wasn't really designed by him, but was mostly the brainchild of Julian Pettingil, who is considered by many to be the greatest flatbottom circle racer of all time.
The Biesemeyer Boat Co. is defunct, or at least the name is dormant for the time being. The molds were sold off to various companies such as Bezer Boats (a play on the nickname "Bieser"), Steele Marine and others. Splashes are abundant (Revenge, Kelron, Daytona, D'Cucci, Temptation, etc). It's kinda hard to keep track of who has original molds and who's building splashes, but one thing's for sure. 90% of the circle boats racing today are Biesemeyers or Bieser splashes.

http://www.geocities.com/Kool_Toyz/eboat.html

Rusty's brother Bill Biesemeyer is the man responsible for the Biesemeyer rip fence. They're not from Germany, they're good old Made In The U.S.A. quality products.

F.Y.I.
FR :p

12-14-2003, 05:10 PM
Incidentally, I have never heard of a Biesemeyer-Donzi. To my knowledge these companies were never even remotely connected (Biesemeyer was not known to do splashes), but I guess anything's possible.
I'd have to see this one.

12-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Saw this one on eBay. Yeah, it's a Biesemeyer. The deck and the bow lights (present on all the Bieser jets I've ever seen) are a dead giveaway. Has got nothing to do with Donzi though.
Even with the droop snout and in perfect shape, $8k is "optimistic".
Jets just don't command those prices these days. They're sooo ineficient and they're a dime a dozen.
Even if someone is a die-hard squirt gun fanatic, they're probably looking for an Eliminator tunnel or a Southwind. Run of the mill V-bottom recreational ski jets are pretty thick on the ground.