PDA

View Full Version : I Have Questions about the OMC Drive On My Formula F233?

Secret F233
08-02-2001, 08:23 AM
It won’t go into drive or reverse it’s an 80 OMC stringer drive on my Formula F233 with a big rubber boot around it some one told me it was a manuel shift. First of is this A Decent drive or should just replace it? And if so what’s going to fit that monster hole? Maybe a deck and outboards is the answer!! Or i did Hear something about a Volvo Penta convertion? I have always had a RiverQueen with Dana 90’s Now that’s a Tank Drive!!
I have tried disconnecting the linkage and swinging it by hand but still not. Now when the motor is off the prop spins in neutral & stiff in gear but in the water or on land i can start the motor & shift into drive & nothing Happens It just Revs the same in rev? Someone told me the clutch dog wont engage if the oil pump in the bottom of the lower unit is not getting power But my mechanic says the gears must be chewed up because the oil in the lower is black but if the gears are chewed why is the prop stiff in drive & free in nutral. Help It's going to be winter soon And I’m still in the driveway whats going on here!!!!!