PDA

View Full Version : Newbie To The Boards

Shark in the Pond
09-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Hello all.. new to the boards here. My name is Kevin ,live in Lubbock Tx. 43yrs young single parent with 9 yr old son. I have 19'Thahiti Jet that I restored from the trailer up . Now that I have thrown more $$$ at it then it is worth I'm selling it to move up to a bigger boat . I think these old Jets are still a blast to drive but like most of us there comes a time that you can no longer stand having the cooler and gear take up ALL the room in the boat ! I was told about the site here from FamerTx which I hoped to meet at the lake today but can't go out and play today ( shampooing carpets :mad: ) anyway I'm looking at a 91 26'Scarab CV and wanted to know if I can find some more input on these boat's . Don't wont to bore all with detail's so if you can help out pm or email me I will send info and get your opinion's on it's worth .
Thank's Shark In The Pond Kevin

farmer tx
09-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Kevin,
Glad to see you regestered and got on the board.
Maybe someone that knows about the Scarab's will help you out.

Later,
Mark

harbormaster
09-02-2003, 06:11 AM
Kevin,
There are a bunch of scarab guys at www.fastboats.info. (http://www.fastboats.info.)

I have a scarab too but are new to them like you.

Scot

Darrell
09-02-2003, 09:06 AM
Hey Shark:

Welcome to the board, the 26CV is one of my favorite Scarab hulls ever. I have had a couple of Scarabs, and found them to both have good ride and proformance. If you don't get the boat let me know I would love to see it.

Darrell

(Lots of roots from Lubbock,TX)

Shark in the Pond
09-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Darrell:
Hey Shark:

Welcome to the board, the 26CV is one of my favorite Scarab hulls ever. I have had a couple of Scarabs, and found them to both have good ride and proformance. If you don't get the boat let me know I would see it.

Darrell

(Lots of roots from Lubbock,TX) Thank's Darrell...The guy with the Scarab has been real cool on the deal , the boat is in A-1 shape coustom graphic, Turbo II prop,454 Mag ,Bravo 1 , Nose Cone , K-Planes Tabs, Headers,Gaffrig Gauges,Anodized Billet Swim Platform , CD 2 amps 6 speakers, Full Cover,Eagle Trailer w/ New Tires and the price is getting better :D I'm really looking forward to moving up from the old Jet boat. Driving a Jet for soooo many yrs jumping up to a 26' will be real nice change ! Got some roots here do you , been here now for 22yrs. Scot I will check out the site you told me about above thank's .

DonCig
09-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Kevin, welcome to a great site to discuss your pasion for fast boats. These guys and gals are very non-biased, in my opinion. "If it is fun, and it feels fast, it must be good!" Possibly a new moto for this crew. I hope to see your new boat at the end of Sept. at PK in Texas. It will be my first trip to meet up with this bunch and I may be taking my familys'life into my own hands with this journey from the Great Rockies. I have also been influenced by farmer tx with his cool cotton farmer drawl.
I have to believe that this is a good group to associate with.

Until Sept. 26th,

Adios!

Cuda
09-18-2003, 11:23 PM
I almost bought a 28 Scarab just before I found the 242 Formula that I did buy. I like the Scarab line. A 26 with the 454 won't be a screamer, but it should give you a good ride with the room you are looking for. I mainly went with the 242 because it had twins.

Even our illustrious forum owner, the Harbormaster, just bought a 31 Scarab. :)