PDA

View Full Version : 23 foot Warlock PowerCat

gjohns6896
01-14-2003, 11:24 PM
I know this is no Donzi, but does anyone know anything about Warlock and its build quality? What about it's value, in terms of, say, a Donzi 18 Classic?

The one I am looking at is a '94 Warlock Warrior Powercat, 23' powered by a 509 and 250 B&M Blower with rebuilt Merc Bravo 1 with all the goodies <I am guessing about 800 HP>. The engine was done at the same time as the drive <about 10 hours ago he said> by Showtime Marine & Machine. Is this good or bad?

I also have pictures and the website where one is for sale if anyone does not want to search for 30 seconds to find it.

Cheers,
George

http://www.donzi.net/photos/gjohns02.jpg

Walt. H.
01-15-2003, 03:26 AM
George, It just so happens, I was talking to the owner of a boat dealer in Kingston, NY. this past Sat.(He knows me well) regarding "hull construction" in general while I was buying some mat & woven F/glass . Do to my re-constuction of stringers & floor replacment i'm doing on my boat. The conversation Lead to what I should I keep my eyes open for, If & when, i'm looking for another boat. He recommended the WarLock" and he does "not sell them! So he has nothing to gain. But stated that it is a boat that is BUILT WELL ! NO short cuts. Race Proven quality construction, but we were talking about their conventual stepped Vee Hull. Not the Cat. He Showed me some actual photo's he had of about a 23ft.job.Looked like the 22' Classic,in style long & narrow with a swept back windshield. I Commented that the girl on board looked real good too! and :p ,Well I better not say anymore. I was impressed, "O" yeah!, with the boat TOO. That's It, don't know any-more. Walt.......

Dave911
01-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Looks like an early version of a specialized boat by "WPM", which was tested in Hot Boat a few years back. Solid performer in smaller waters. Oh yeah, Warlock is now in bed with Ultra on the west coast....Ultra Warlock. Wish I could be of more help.

Dave911
01-15-2003, 09:26 PM
I dug up the Hot Boat article at the following URL...

http://free.hotboat.net/tests/docs/Warlock_Warrior_23_SRC.htm

Also, Dave's Custom Boats has one for sale (in Nov of 2002, anyway). See the pics here:

http://www.dcbracing.com/usedboats.htm

gjohns6896
01-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Yes...that boat IS all that AND a bag of chips! And yes, the boat I am talking about is for sale at Dave's Custom Boats...in CA. Anything else you want to know about MY FUTURE boat?

<You can't know the price, though>

Anyone want to buy a RED '92 Donzi Classic 18, OMC King Cobra mated to the venerable 5.7Litre 350????

Feel free to e-mail me. Oh yeah...I also have a '99 Sea-Doo GSX Ltd with trailer that will be for sale as well ... no less than $4,000 for this though.

Cheers,
George

Donzi Dreaming
01-16-2003, 08:53 AM
When will it be for sale? What are you asking? Do you have any pics for us to see?

John

gjohns6896
01-16-2003, 08:57 PM
John, I don't know WHEN it will be for sale, but I will surely put it on here first!

And for now, I am still looking at a price. I need to have enough money to plop down on a future boat...so we will see.

I will e-mail you the pics I took. I already sent them all to Lenny...the Canadian.

IT has the OMC package, with sbc.

Cheers,
George

Dave911
01-19-2003, 03:44 PM
George -
I'm not too far from DCB, if you want me to take a look at her, get more detailed pictures, etc...I'd be happy to help out.
Even better, I'd be happy to take her out on a quick trial run (heheh!).
Let me know if I can help and good luck.
Dave

gjohns6896
01-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Dave, that would be very sweet...FOR YOU! No, really, I appreciate the offer. And in all seriousness, if you WANT to go out there and test-drive her, feel free. My brother will be flying out there in a week or so for work, and he has many clients out there who know where to get boats, etc. Anyhow, that would be cool if you want to at least look at her <for me> and even drive her. I DO have many more pictures.... Let me know if you want me to send them.
Cheers,
George

HyperDonzi
01-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Does that have a black hawk on it? I remember Harbor Master posted up something like it a month or two ago...

Dave911
01-20-2003, 06:04 PM
George - I'll swing on by DCB this coming weekend, and give you an assesment. Stringers, finish work, wire-routing, etc..
Just visiting DCB could seriously jeapardize my retirement plans, but it should be cool. I'll keep you posted. Dave

gjohns6896
01-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Hyper, just for YOU, here is the transom shot I have....
http://www.donzi.net/photos/gjohns05.jpg

And Dave, that would be VERY COOL, but leave your American Express at HOME! PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD!

}:->

Let me know what happens...or what boat YOU end up taking home.

Cheers,
George

HyperDonzi
01-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Black Hawk, Bravo........ They all seem to be the same.... wink

Hydraulic Steering would suggest speeds over 80 cool!

gjohns6896
01-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Hyper, I was told by Dave, of Dave's Custom Boats, that she WILL reach over 100 mph. Still wanna make fun of that B&M blower?

:p :cool:

George

HyperDonzi
01-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Blower? Go to Wal-Mart and get one, 14.96 wink

Im sure it does do over 100, but is that a ski hook I see? Must be for waterskiing records... :D