PDA

View Full Version : Python Viper, what do you think?

magnum27
08-21-2003, 01:41 PM
I was just woundering what you guys think about Python's version of the 18 classic. I saw one with 500 plus horspower that ran 86 mph. Seemed like a sharp set up.

Morgan's Cloud
08-21-2003, 02:24 PM
I remember seeing one at the Miami Boat Show the year they were unveiled.Even though it is essentially identical to an 18 2+3 visually it looked as though it was on steroids..kind of easy to recognise but hard to define.
Will say this though... Built like a brick *&%$house ....Please don't ask for a direct Donzi comaprison eek!

FASTEDDIE
08-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Both are about the same price new. Both are fun boats. The difference doesn't come until the end of the fifth year when its time to sell.Put the Donzi in the paper and the phone rings off the hook. Python, what's a Python? Don't forget the cardinal rule on boats. " The amount you pay for a boat is not your true cost. Your true cost is the price you paid new less the resale price." this is the true cost of the boat.Donzi's hold their value longer than most. :cool:

magnum27
08-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Makes sense. I personally am not in the market, I just wanted to know what you guy's thought about them. I have had a few of the 24' models and loved them but never the 18'.

<small>[ August 25, 2003, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>