PDA

View Full Version : Fountain 24 CS

CDeal1
01-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Fountain 24' CS (competition series)? They seem to be reasonably priced. Boat Trader has a 1995 model with a 502 for 24K. (Sorry, but this "technotwit" has no clue how to attach a link but it's easily searchable)

McGary911
01-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Here's the LINK (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/6/63624456.htm)

I've never been on one, but they look like pretty sharp boats. I've never been a big fan of the fountain beak, and this boat thankfully doesn't have one.

About the only negative thing ive heard about them is that they are easy to swamp coming off of a plane, due to the low back and that heavy big block in the stern. Because of this, theyre best suited for lakes. This seems like a good price for one.

boxy
01-25-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure if he still checks the board, Fast Eddie may know how to reach him, but there was a member from Lake George named DonziShawn who sold his 18 for a 24 CS, he could probably help you....

MR MAGOO
01-26-2004, 06:16 PM
A good friend of mine has a 24 CS. He bought it new in 1996 and man, does this boat take one hell of a beating! :eek!:

It is a decent lake boat and goes real well for stock power. His runs 70 on the Nordskog with a 454 Magnum. I've been on quite a few hell rides with him and it always flies level, doesn't get too far out of shape and has held together very well.

I'm amazed at how well this 24 has held up. There is not one stress crack to be found and like I said, this guy likes to wring its neck pretty hard :eek!: :D

roadtrip se
01-28-2004, 08:44 AM
I have had several Fountains.

The 24CS is an awesome boat for the lake. Built like the bigger offshore boats with all of the same hardware and techniques.
Even has a little ballast tank to fill to keep the nose down for water skiing. It did not sell, so it may be hard to resell.

The 27 is more like the rest of the Fountain line and considered the typical entry point for these boats.

Todd