PDA

View Full Version : Regal 18' Fast Trac Hull

Budman
08-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Just wondered if anyone had any input regarding Regal 18' boats. I looked at one at a boat show and the salemen were really trying to sell everyone on Regal's Fast Trac Hull.

MOP
08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
I got to play with the 23, had a 350 in it. It did feel fast for the power, got me interested so I poked around the net and asked a few questions. Most everyone I spoke to felt the boats are faster since the bottom change, one complained about them getting loose in hard fast turns. I have heard that the stepped hulls do that, there were a few posts up here, try a search.

Budman
08-13-2003, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. If the concept of the Fast Trac hull was so great, more manufacturers would be modifying their hull designs to some degree. I don't think I would like the part about being loose in turns. It would remind me of the Hydrostream boat I had which would get really squirrelly over 65mph.

boldts
08-14-2003, 01:24 PM
The key to driving a slotted boat in a turn is to "NOT" trim the drive in like what most V-Hull owners are used to doing. Ask Frank Civitano or Bryan Tuvell about it. At least with the Donzi hulls. (Or you could do a search on it here)

Budman
08-14-2003, 02:01 PM
thanks. I will keep that in mind. I always learned the hard way by driving a boat and experiencing all the ugly things that can go wrong if you don't have the trim just right.