PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt Boats

rktomp
12-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Is anyone familar with the Cobalt Boat line? Especially the 21 to 23 ft open bow boats? How fast are they, are they stable(no chine walk or porpoising}, and how reliable?
Bob :confused:

RedDog
12-29-2003, 09:55 PM
rktomp:
Is anyone familar with the Cobalt Boat line? ... are they stable(no chine walk or porpoising...?
Bob - I think they do chine walk and porpoise unless they are trimmed correctly - both tilt and tabs, and set up correctly - kind of like a Donzi and any other high performance boat. Ya gotta drive them - you can't just get in a high performance boat and put the throttle down without paying close attention to trim, tabs, water, and traffic.

CDeal1
12-30-2003, 09:50 AM
I just sold my Cobalt 2002 226 (23ft open bow). Classic Black - Captains Call - 320hp volvo w/a duoprop. No bowrise,porpoising or chine walk. This is a great "luxury" boat like a mercedes. Solid as a rock. Performance was nice - good midrange punch - speedo said 60 but probably more like 55 I'd guess. I sold it because the "fun to drive" quotient was too low. Tight turns felt labored with the duoprop.