PDA

View Full Version : Begining the restoration (pics)

Cuda
01-23-2002, 07:43 PM
I am happy to report the new engine and outdrive are in and running flawlessly. Now that the power is there, it is time to start the cosmetics. The paint is faded, and I have been wet sanding the paint, followed by rubbing compound then wax. It is a tedious and time consuming job. The bottom had been painted with a nasty bottom paint, that we began scraping off. I think we will stop scraping and try to knock it off with a power washer, I have heard this works. The scraping gets the powdery stuff all over you, and I am sure it isn't healthy. I hope I haven't already poisoned my first mate, she has been sick since that day, but we think it is the flu.

I am also starting on the interior. I have taken off some of the side boards, and now need to order the vinyl to replace it. Still not sure of what colors to go with.

I also need to do something with the engine cover. With the new engine and hi rise intake, the cover sits right on top of the flame arrestor. Also when installing the engine, the fuel fill hose had to be moved due to the wider exhaust manifolds. I was thinking of building a sun deck type cover for it, but it would be easier to adapt the old cover to the higher intake.

Here are some pictures of the work in progress.
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Forest/9752/FORMULA_RESTO_1.html

Dr. Dan
01-25-2002, 06:49 AM
Cuda, Looks Good, Boy You Guys really know how to have a good time! Lotsa Elbow Grease! Good Luck!... wink.gif ...Doc

Sam
01-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Cuda, looks great ! what sand paper grits are you using as well compound.

Sam

Cuda
01-25-2002, 08:49 PM
On the brown I am using 400 and 800 wet sanding paper with liquid rubbing compound.