PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Formula 419 SRI

Dr. Dan
01-17-2002, 09:37 PM
O.K. I know this is sort of sacriledge on the Donzi site but this is what this part of the forum is for, so I'm asking for informed opinions on the following; '93 Formula 419 SRI, Triple 365Mags,Bravo Drives(I don't know what #),Generator,Air,Bimini & eyes in glass enclosure,Head, Shower. Boat was repowered in 1997 with these engines, it's exceptionally clean for a '93(kinda like my 22 Classic wink.gif ),these engines have less than 200hours, the boat about 600hours total,it comes with a brand new custom trailer that I know cost over $8000. A very good friend owns this and is in a position to offer me a great deal! What are the ranges of a "Good Deal" that I should be looking for. This boat has been in the Dupont Registry $118k,for the last 6 months, he's gotta dump a Toy, and this is it!What's it worth! The boat is exceptionally clean!... biggrin.gif ...Doc

Formula Jr
01-17-2002, 09:43 PM
It been in the Dupont Registry at 118K. That means the boat is worth exactly 91,237 dollars. biggrin.gif

Dr. Dan
01-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Owen, You are quick, I just entered this thing? tongue.gif ...Doc

Formula Jr
01-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Dr Dan, an evaluation is impossible. At that level of boat, the economy - not the boat - determines the price. And the economy sucks right now. I've seen boats like this flucuate by 50 to 60 thousand dollars depending on Gas Prices and the general state of the Stock Market and if anyone gets a margin call. Your friend can do what everyone else does, list it on the big ticket area of eBay with a reserve of what he thinks he should get. In this case 118K. See where the bids get up to. You can have a gentleman's agreement that you will buy the boat 10% over the last bid - that is if it doesn't reach 118K and get bought by a stranger.

McGary911
01-18-2002, 01:26 PM
If this is the boat Formula on Dupont Registry (http://www3.dupontregistry.com/boats/1BD-10-9350C.jpg) Then it is currently listed at $89,900. Went to the dupont registry page, and searched for formula boats. This is the only 93 tri power 41 that came up.

Dr. Dan
01-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Mcgary911, That's not the same boat. Boats Name is "Risky Business", similar, but different paint scheme! Purchased out of Trenton Marine, I believe about 2 years ago... wink.gif ...Thanks..Doc

donzislsman
01-18-2002, 06:46 PM
Dr. Dan,

At first I thought, going by where we have some listed, that this was a good deal. Then I started thinking about everything right now, and started remembering where we have sold these in the past. Maybe somewhere in the middle 90's would be a good deal. Remember, if you think it is a good deal then that is all that matters, it is your hard earned money not ours. Good luck, it definately sounds like a nice boat.

Barry cool.gif

boldts
01-18-2002, 09:46 PM
Doc,
So, you buy the Formula to live, party, and show- off on, then you walk out onto the transom platform where you have had special pop-up cleats installed to tie the 22 Classic up too. Start the Donzi engine which by the way, is the only one that is affordable to start, and go out for that seat-of-the-pants thrill ride you've come to love and enjoy. Just havin some fun with ya! Good Luck and Best to you and Liz.

P.S. I'd be interested in buying the 22 Classic tender should you decide you don't need it anymore. LOL