PDA

View Full Version : Alpha 1 to Bravo 3?

DonziNUTS
07-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Gentlemen,
I need some help! Friend is currently looking at a 24' Pantera with a alpha 1 drive. He can get the boat very cheap but does not like the alpha drive. He wants to upgrade to a bravo drive...but what is the mounting difference? Would it be best to plug the hole and start new or will it fit with some alteration? :confused:
Your input here would help alot!!

Thanks!!
Mike

1996Z15
07-24-2003, 03:24 PM
There is a company by the name of The Bravo Shop that makes a conversion kit. I checked out the price and, from what I recall, it was something like $7,000.00 eek!

MXRoadster
07-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Mike, it is a simple upgrade from an alpha 1 drive and the same as upgrading to a bravo 1. For mounting, the only alteration is drilling two additional holes in the transom, that’s it. The cooling system will need to be modified also, but that’s not difficult either. The job can be done for about 4k to 5k (for a bravo 1)if he does the research and work himself or like 1996Z15 mentioned he can buy a kit from The Bravo Shop for 7k and then pay someone big $$$ to install it.

David

DonziNUTS
07-25-2003, 02:11 PM
He already has a Bravo drive.....does the actually dimension of the drive the same as a Alpha? Mounting is not a problem...done a couple here and there. I was wondering if the Bravo sits lower in the water than the Alpha? I guess what I am trying to ask is the dimension from the bottom of the boat to the bottom of the outdrive?

I have a lot of common sense...just not in the technical wording identifying stuff!!!