PDA

View Full Version : HTM SS24 crash

CDeal1
11-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Did you guys see the photos in the new Powerboat issue of the crash at the Lake of the Ozarks shootout? I wonder if you are going to participate in such an event if you should let your insurance company know specifically about it? If not, do you think his insurance will cover his loss? Chris Deal

HyperDonzi
11-26-2003, 04:29 PM
I would guess everything is insured, unless you are racing.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-22-2003, 09:36 PM
I closely follow these type threads out of pure interest.
I.E. The lake Winni Baja posts have been mostly removed from the net... :rolleyes:
Day late drunk turns himself in, a guy was killed etc....
Here is a great post about HTM for those who do not read all the PB sites, Hyper surely does..
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21394&highlight=HTM+crash

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellflip.jpg

HyperDonzi
12-30-2003, 09:16 AM
I sure do, but I missed that thread. eek!

Wow.... frown

boldts
12-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Hummm....Where to start with this one. My own personnel look at this situation is first great sadness for the lives lost in these accidents.

However, if it were me, I too would rather pass doing something I love vs sitting behind a desk and having a heart attack or something at work. Someday maybe I'll be able to have a job that also involves my love for boating and engine building. I remember the first time I drove our 22 Classic after having an 18 Classic that maybe did 50 MPH on a good day. (1969) It felt like I was in a rocket ship heading for space! From then on, that thrill of speed is a never ending have to have more. At least for me.

Without a challenge in our lives, I think we lose our desire to live. As we all know, our challenges change over the course of our lives. For me, it is now the challenge of having my family and seeing my daughter grow up into a woman.

Yes, I believe in God and on most Sundays, I am in church with my family. That in itself does not make me any better than anyone else on earth. What it does give me though is a peace with-in. I know if God should decide it is my time, I've lived a full life and am ready to take on whatever next challenge God has in store for me.

Whereever there are men and women pushing their challenges to the limit, there may be tragedy also. I believe only they know the true joy of life because they push that challenge.

God bless everyone here and around the world who push the limits! They are our teachers and explorers into the new years.