PDA

View Full Version : GW Invader Tunnel

Sam
11-02-2002, 10:05 AM
I am looking for any info I can find about what looks to be a late 60's 15' GW Invader Torpedo tunnel hull. I am giving some thought to making this a posible winter project.

Sam

MOP
11-03-2002, 08:46 AM
Do a search on this site there are a half dozen articles.

Sam
11-03-2002, 02:27 PM
I am looking for info on the tunnel boat they built in the late 60's. The posts on this site pertain to the little 10' that was so popular.

SP

Indyblackhawk
11-09-2002, 07:44 PM
GW invaders were built in Tipton, Indiana for a while (not sure how long). They folded about 4 - 5 years ago. I went to the auction. They auctioned mold sets along with product rights, brochures and ect. The 10 footer mold sets (I think that there were two complete sets) were in rough shape. Although they did have 10 footer brochures, I don't remember seeing anything or any trails to the GW Invader older product lines. At that time, I think the company was just going by Invader. Actually, I didn't realize that they were the actual GW Invader until the 10 footer molds came up for sale. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I sure wanted an GW Invader and a Donzi 16 when I was a kid. The paper route just didn't get it!

One of my work friends is friends with the person that bought most of the molds at the auction. The molds are somewhere in Fort Wayne, IN. I will see if he has anything of interest.

Hey, after 30 years, I finally scored a Donzi! - It really isn't surprising that there are dozens of Donzi owners with similar stories - it all started with a childhood dream.

Andy

Craig
11-12-2002, 06:44 AM
Did any of you guys know Invader made a boat just a few years ago that used a Donzi 18 mold. An awesome boat.

There was one near me. I've got some pretty good pics I will post soon. Just moved again and stuff is not all set up yet. The top deck is significantly different, but still a real neat boat. Has a Volvo outdrive and small block V8.

Ironically, as Four Winns called their Donzi styled boat an "Unlimited", Invader use "Limited" for their model name.

DOND
11-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Sam, I had a 15 v hull back in the early seventies. I believe they made the 10,14 and 15 v hull, 15 tunnel and 19 v hull. I do have a brochure that shows all the models and specs. I would be happy to send you a copy if you would like. Let me know
Don

Indyblackhawk
11-12-2002, 08:25 PM
I stand corrected, GW Invaders were built in Sharpsville, Indiana. Check out emblems on Ebay.

Voodoocanoe
11-13-2002, 01:04 PM
Sam, Go here http://sandv.net/GWInvader/
and here http://www.sandv.net/GWInvader/InvaderPics/index.htm