PDA

View Full Version : Next Best ....

Dr. Dan
07-06-2003, 07:56 AM
:p O.K. Don't shoot me, just doing some research here....other than Cigarette and Formula,and of course Donzi...which I am very familiar with....."What is the next best Hull/Boat to look at ...?" I am looking for something in the 28' to 35' Range...something for rough water...anyone have experience with ActiveThunder,Fountain,Pantera,...as I have looked, there are some brands that seem like pretty good values for used boats... wink ...Doc

mattyboy
07-06-2003, 08:03 AM
Who are you and what have you done with Dr. Dan and Liz wink

Dan are you sure this post shouldn't go under " the quickest way to start a fight" thread wink :p :D
I can't believe I'm gonna say this but the beak boats( fountains are not all bad)I would also give warlock and velocity at good look.

Ok who am I and what have I done to Mattyboy :rolleyes:

Matty

smoothie
07-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Dan,sneak over to offshoreonly (http://www.offshoreonly.com) and ask the same ???,but really...what else is there besides a Donzi or Cigarette. wink

1996Z15
07-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Are you looking for a new style boat? If not I would say that a nice clean Magnum would be pretty cool.

Dr. Dan
07-06-2003, 10:23 AM
:D We are open to older boats as well, love the 28SS Cig & Magnums...I just know they are difficult to find...I was looking for feed back on models other than Formula,Donzi, Cigarette and Magnum...only because I have some experience or knowledge with these Brands....I have friends that have had each of these....and I already know they are solid hulls and overall...good rides! I do not have alot of exposure to other brands..again just curious....I am not going to run out and buy anything tomorrow!... wink Doc

olredalert
07-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Doc

------Look into Sunsations.They are built near me in Algonac Mi.(original home of Chris Craft)and are pretty highly regarded around here.With that said Ive never been in one,but they look great.Traditional lines,good use of space,etc..............Bill S

knee deep
07-13-2003, 06:20 AM
My .02 worth I have always been in love with Cigarette, either a 28SS, or the 35 Awesome or Mistress, solid as a rock, and hey, isn't a Cig just an overgrown Donzi? My list of boats to own someday has these near the top of the top 5 list.
Hmm, otta check the lottery numbers........

Cuda
07-13-2003, 07:13 AM
A 28 Pantera is one solid boat. Get a big single instead of twins if you go that route. I was talking to guys at a poker run last weekend, the twin man said he wished he went with a single, says the stern is too heavy, but still rides great.

HyperDonzi
07-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Check out a 25 or 27 Baja Outlaw.