PDA

View Full Version : Navy HSB Go Fast boat.

harbormaster
06-13-2003, 09:59 PM
I have a friend who has one of these Navy HSB Seal boats. Hey Mr. Tuvell, Know anything about these boats?
Anyone else?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/gunboat.jpg

I found a site with one on it,
http://www.navyboats.com

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-13-2003, 10:46 PM
No specific data from me, but the SF guys have had many a ride over time, I have 22 years in now, so I have seen my share.
They pull their current rigs with Ford F750 crew cabs and they have triplets for power.
Seen daily in Va Beach on the road into Dam Neck Va. That boat based on trailer is very heavy and a pig, but a pig rigged quiet for big water would of course accomplish it's designed mission.
Oh and our ghost fleet of PT's has recently been moved, now they are all on dry land and I guess up for salvage.
Any more pictures of this find?
Bryan

LKSD
06-25-2003, 09:44 AM
I BELIVE ITS A MODIFIED SCARAB KV KEVLAR HULL.
I KNOW WHERE THERE IS ONE IN NE MARYLAND IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IT HAS BEEN REPOWERED WITH TWIN VOLVO DIESELS. JW@LAKESIDERESTORATIONS.COM :)

bverd
06-30-2003, 04:35 PM
I know where one is in MD sitting on blocks. Looks like it is in the same condition as the one above.

--bverd

Air 22
06-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Brad...Didn't we pass one of those on I-95 sitting in the grass(no trailer) just south of Jacksonville, FL?
It was all Greyish-Blue next to a bunch of cherry-picker vehicles. It was 40+ ft i'm sure :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Good data POODLE, yes some of the older ones may be Fountains (beakless), the newer ones are not. Come visit for some Navy VIP tours with us!

So are you out for our Poker Run? No mention of it lately. I know Todd is out.
Bryan

mikev
07-08-2003, 06:59 PM
i know you can by the engines that come out of them from a company in florida called innovation. i have seen a set in a 38 fountain they are awsome motors fuel injected 540 gm big blocks.

Cuda
07-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Air 22:
Brad...Didn't we pass one of those on I-95 sitting in the grass(no trailer) just south of Jacksonville, FL?
It was all Greyish-Blue next to a bunch of cherry-picker vehicles. It was 40+ ft i'm sure :D I've seen that boat too. I went to Jax yesterday, and it was gone! Double checked on the way back in case I missed it. I heard it was a pre beak Fountain also.

Forrest
07-09-2003, 04:43 PM
I wonder who builds that neat looking trailer under the HSB pictured above. Looks better than a Myco!

Speed-Racer
07-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Brad and Air-22

Yes, you did pass one South of Jacksonvile, it had been sitting there for 2 years, wonder where they went....

swampfire
07-10-2003, 10:22 AM
On La. Hwy 90 between Slidell and New Orleans there are two companies that build high speed assault and patrol craft for the US military. They build RIBs, aluminum riverine jet boats for seals and the brownwater navy, fiberglass cigarette boats with arneson drives and jet drives, Bradley fighting vehicles and hovercraft. Textron marine is the big outfit and New Orleans Marine is smaller, seems to do the fiberglass mold development and experimental prototypes. I see them testing all types of mean looking military and coast guard watercraft on the Rigolets Pass, Intercoastal waterway, Lake Ponchartrain, etc. They have some huge hovercraft from time to time. Some of the offshore seal boats are awesome, big diesels, lots of Recaro shock absorbing seats, a ramp on the back to slide rubber boats up. These 50 to 90 foot boats can be launched from mother ships offshore, haul ass into the beach in high seas and then launch the seals into rubber boats. These boats have some heavy duty electronic navigation and radar systems and probably all kinda classified stuff (if I tell ya I have to kill ya). The seals also come every year and play (train) in the Pearl river estuary, shooting blanks and assaulting imaginary objectives. I have a Bollinger/Newton Enforcer converted for tuna fishing, originally designed as a 31' coastal patrol boat with 50 cal gun mount, saw a special on TV where some of these were being used in Hong Kong/Macau smuggling, hauling cigarettes and stolen luxury cars on the China Sea. There was some amazing footage of a Newton 31 with a Mercedes onboard! with 5 Merc Black Maxes strapped to the back and chinamen hanging on going through about a 10 foot sea. Larry Newton builds a real strong boat, mine has stringers so large the foam volume makes the boat unsinkable, he's the #1 dive boat builder in the world. Down in the carribean they tie his boats to wooden and concrete piers in heavy seas and just let them beat overnight.

farmer tx
07-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Swampfire,
Welcome to the registry. Also, great info on this subject.