PDA

View Full Version : Fall From Grace........

Boat_Mon
10-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Ok, as some of you guys may know already, I sold the 67 barrel back. Sig (Biskit)from the country of Texas bought it. I was bummed to see it go, but it hadn't even been in the water all year. I figured well, I may as well re-coup some money spent on the new house, and be content for awhile with the pontoon and jet skis........Then it happened. You guys remember my old boat ?

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000057#000000

Well, after seeing the price of one available, I couldn't walk away. Yes, I know its not a Donzi, doesn't drive like one, doesn't re-sell like one but DAMN, it'll go like one (although, without tabs, you have to be able to manage the walk that kicks in at about 62) It's fun, fast, extremely reliable EFI 5.0 with Penta drive. But alas, its no Donzi, so when you see this ugly duckling admiring a caravan of Donzi's out on St. Clair from a distance, give me a sympathy honk...........I'll be back.

Sagbay32
10-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Kevin,
I didn't know you were even selling the 18....sorry to hear about it. I have seen a few U-boats for sale and the engine drive combo seems nice. What accent color did you get this time, and 17' or 19'?

Mike

You still on Duck lake?

Boat_Mon
10-11-2003, 08:54 AM
went with the 17, and its green like the old one. Still on Duck, just a new house. The 18 wasn't for sale, Sig just called me because he knew I had it for sale once before we moved. The motor and drive are strong..........but again....it ain't no Donzi frown