PDA

View Full Version : Classic Donzi Wanted - NY/NJ

TuxedoPk
04-02-2003, 04:12 AM
I am ideally looking for a 22, but would consider an 18 or 16 classic. I could use some assistance identifying a good boat and not paying more than it's worth. If a recommended boat is posted on this forum, please e-mail your recommended value privately so as not to potentially offend the seller.

Thanks in advance for your help..

mattyboy
04-02-2003, 09:35 AM
TuxedoPK,
you have to take the following in to account when lookin at a classic.
where will you use the boat, lake ,river , bay,ocean. and how many will be with you as well.
this will tell what size you need.
do you want old or new??
what is your budget???
in older boats the deckand gas tanks should checked
If you are in Tuxedo park you are in my backyard,and any help I can be feel free, you should think about getting to a Donzi get together like LK George in June well worth it see the boats meet the people you won't be sorry

Matt

TuxedoPk
04-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Matt,

I am planning on using the boat primarily on the Hudson River between the GW bridge and Albany area. Of course, I'm sure I'll pop it into Greenwood Lake and make sure to visit Lake George for their outing.

I am looking for a pre-owned boat vs. new. I am not looking to make a sizeable investment in this boat as I'm planning to purchase a Cruiser within the next 2 years. This is primarily going to be a mid-life crisis toy, to enjoy alone, or 2-3 other people.

Yes, I do own a house in Tuxedo Park. I was getting ready to move in this month after 2 years of restoring it (9 bedroom house built in 1886 by Emily Post's father) and I had all of the pipes in my house freeze 8 weeks ago. With over $400k in damage that I'll be taking care of this year (Luckily I was insured), I want to make sure I get a boat that is not going to present me with any more project work.

Have you ever been inside Tuxedo Pk?

mattyboy
04-02-2003, 10:04 PM
Tuxedo PK, anytime you want a ride call me,
if you buy a Donzi, you'll be a 2 boat family, a donzi and a cruiser wink once bitten

Matt

Dr. Bob
02-05-2004, 10:52 PM
I am ideally looking for a 22, but would consider an 18 or 16 classic. I could use some assistance identifying a good boat and not paying more than it's worth. If a recommended boat is posted on this forum, please e-mail your recommended value privately so as not to potentially offend the seller.

Thanks in advance for your help..
I have a 1967 18 classic triple hatch. She can be seen at iboats.com go to high performance boats classifieds.

mattyboy
02-06-2004, 06:44 AM
DR Bob, since Tuxedo park posted this he has bought( it is an old post)
4 donzis
maybe he wants another 18??? as long as no chopper guns were involved.

you might get better response if you post a for sale ad and some pics I'm sure someone around here will have some interest especially on the upper west coast hope that helps good luck

Matty

TuxedoPk
02-06-2004, 12:15 PM
"DR Bob, since Tuxedo park posted this he has bought( it is an old post)
4 donzis"
The last being a 1966 triple hatch

"maybe he wants another 18???"
I am done buying toys...I am done buying toys... :crossfing

"as long as no chopper guns were involved."
Do I have to crap in a can to live this one down? :smash: :toiletpap ;)

mattyboy
02-06-2004, 01:05 PM
"as long as no chopper guns were involved."
Do I have to crap in a can to live this one down? :smash: :toiletpap ;)

No I think you pretty much have this with you forever :kyle: :fire:

:wink: sorry :wink:

Matty
go my :beer: and :pretzel:

ToonaFish
02-06-2004, 01:11 PM
TuxedoPk: I am done buying toys...I am done buying toys... :crossfing

Are you dead, man? :convertib

Admitting that here might result in severe disciplinary action... :uzi: