PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: X-18

Dredgeking
03-31-2003, 09:45 AM
will consider all conditions. looking for a project.

Silver Streak
03-31-2003, 10:34 AM
Dredge, Buddy, Pal,

Don’t know if anyone has told you this, but to just survive living with a pregnant woman during the heat of a Texas summer is a major project; a very major project…

Rick

Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it!

Dredgeking
03-31-2003, 03:22 PM
hey streak, angela is from OK so you probably know more about it than i want to. her parents live near OKC and we plan on taking the donzi up to OK sooner or later. i was bidding on the 18 on ebay for a while and quit. she was a bit bummed out when i stopped. she is pretty cool about things. i guess we'll find out just how cool she can be while pregnant in the TX heat.

Silver Streak
04-01-2003, 08:06 AM
Dredgeking,

I only went through one pregnancy, but it occurred while living in Dallas and concluded with The Ashley arriving on August 23rd, many dollars ago. (Sons grow up and head out on their own; daughters are forever! But I digress.)

There is nothing in the rules which says pregnant ladies have to be either reasonable or rational. My experience says they abide by this. The Texas heat just seems to aggravate the situation. :D

Good luck to you and Angela. If your travels bring you to the Grand Lake area, give a shout.

Rick

Your search for an X-18 reminds me that there is a Corsican on Grand which has been sitting on a lift at an SBT marina (seen better times) for a long, long time. Years ago (10? 15?) I spoke with the owner and was told how valuable the boat was. If my memory serves me, I think he also said all it needed was a little carburetor work. The boat is still sitting on that lift. Maybe I can track him down and see if he is any more realistic than before. Would make a nice restoration project for someone.