PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel cap retainer

olredalert
09-07-2002, 08:41 PM
------I seem to have misplaced the retainer ring that holds the center cap on the steering wheel of the El Pescador.Its the old Covico style white/stainless wheel,with the chrome center cap.I have no way for the center cap to attach to the center of the wheel.If anyone knows where I can find one or has an extra please E-mail me as I need it to finish up the boat for the Hometown Get-together.Thanks in advance.........ol red(Bill S)

MOP
09-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Hi do you have enough of a shoulder lip to put a couple os really small dabs of silicone? I have done this as a last resort, the caps ahve always stayed on and were pretty easy to get back off.

olredalert
09-08-2002, 11:42 AM
-----Thanks MOP.I have contingency plans similar to yours,and will use them if necessary,but am still hoping to find one of these elusive little numbers.
-----By the way,the retainer goes under the three steering wheel machine screws........ol red!(Bill S)

BERTRAM BOY
09-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Red,
Try Californiamarine.com

olredalert
09-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Scott,

------Went to a local Boat salvager and happened to come up with one today,along with a new cap!Thanks anyway and will have some shirts for you in Sarasota.Got to keep the Poodle well dressed!..........ol red!(Bill S)

knee deep
09-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Dammit Poodle, after all the discussions we've had and us being neighbors and all! I find out your holding out on me - your

THE HOUSE OF PARTS!

Just wait tell I tell Heidi to go look around the office!