PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an 18 Classic... *UPDATED*

Rootsy
06-19-2002, 09:20 PM
Now that i have finally figured out what i want to do... here is what everyone can keep an eye out for...

i don't really want a brand new boat... none of this 20 or 30K turn the key and look pretty... i'd prefer a restoration project, a fix-er-upper if you wish. something i can get some satisfation out of doing and can call my own... Powertrain doesn't matter for it'll all be taken care of, idon't even care if it is missing... so what i am more concerned with is a solid straight hull in relatively fair condition, you know, solid stringers and sides and deck. SUre it'll all come apart and get checked but i hate fiberglass itches so the less the better.. although i know the transom will be a given :D . Guess i'd like to keep the initial purchase under 10K cause i really don't want to have to break the bank to put it all back together. Any year is fine, except the OMC era but i'd consider it... and if it's a barrelback, 60's or early 70's boat.... you bet i am interested, especially in the more rare barrelback config... anywho.... thanks guys and gals for keepin the eyes and ears peeled eh.

Jamie

Tidbart
06-19-2002, 09:27 PM
What time frame are you looking to buy?
Bob

Rootsy
06-19-2002, 09:33 PM
oh the 16 should be gone within the next week or so... possibly this weekend so anytime after that... sometime into july... if i can't find anything in the next week or two that trips my fancy i might at least go deal with a dealer and see what they'll do for me...

i take it oyu have something i may be interested in?

Greg
06-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Jamie, If you happen to find an '18 with a windshield and still don't want it, I would be interested in talking to you about purchasing it.(the windshield) I am still in the restoration process and havn't gotten to the windshield part yet. Does anyone out there know what will or not work on a '66-'18?