PDA

View Full Version : Gen IV Chevy 427/454 Block

Looped
01-07-2002, 08:59 PM
After finding out that the crank I just got has counterweights setup for a Chevy 427 not a 396 (has to do with the width of the 3rd counterweight in from the front of the crank). Do to shipping costs of a 270-pound hunk of metal does anyone have one of these in the Northeast area that they are looking to part with? biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Craig
mailto:looped18classic@aol.comlooped18classic@aol. com</a>

KMLFAMILY
01-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Hey CRAIG, I just picked up today"s WANT ADVERTISER 1/29/02 yellow cover.Auto part"s section has an ad as follows. 427 Big Block CHEVY MOTOR nds to be rebuilt. 4 bolt mains, steel crank Motor is complete except for manifolds &acc"s. $800 obo townsend ma. cell #508 320 3041 MIGHT BE WORTH CK,ING ON. Thought i"d pass it along to ya . KEN

Looped
01-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Ken,
Thanks for the reply but I’ve gone and bought an engine right next store to you in E. Bridgewater this past Saturday night. I guess I forgot to update this posting.

I don’t make it through the week if I don’t get the Want Ad!

Thanks again,
Craig

KMLFAMILY
01-29-2002, 08:19 PM
HI CRAIG, THATS GREAT! IF YOU EVER NEED A HELPING HAND GIVE ME A SHOUT. I DON"T KNOW WHO YOU USE FOR A MACHINE SHOP, BUT THERE IS ONE VERY GOOD ONE DOWN HERE IN THE TOWN OF WHITMAN CALLED REIDS AUTOMOTIVE PHONE # 781 857 2500 OWNER JIM REID SPECIALTY BIG BLOCK CHEVROLET MARINE AND AUTO. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND QUALITY IS GETTING HARD TO FIND.CLEAN SHOP, DYNO,HEAD WORK, ETC TOP NOTCH.

Looped
01-29-2002, 09:24 PM
Ken,
That could help out because where I am there seems to be no high performance shops around. It only took me 25mins to pick up another “010” block down by you so I may need to give them a call. My latest (and that’s it because I’m sick of buying parts and changing my mind) setup is rather odd though; it’s a sbc stroker 396 that I have decided to get built and bought a few components for so maybe they can help me out with the right setup and then I can move on to the glass work.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/cringer396.gif

Gotta be different,
Craig

KMLFAMILY
01-30-2002, 12:30 PM
HI CRAIG,IF YOU WANT TO WHEN YOUR READY CALL REIDS AND ASK FOR JIM SR. . EXPLAIN TO HIM WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND HE WILL GIVE YOU HEADS UP ON THE PROS AND CONS AND ANY QUESTIONS. REAL NICE GUY AND THEY NICK NAMED HIM LONG (THE PROFESSOR) NOT A WELL KNOWN FACT.HE BUILDS A LOT OF RACE STUFF MARINE AND AUTO FOR MANY YEARS HAS QUALITY UPDATED EQUIPMENT.