PDA

View Full Version : Donzi blower vent scoops!!!!!!!!!

olredalert
10-24-2000, 07:37 PM
Would like to find some original DONZI vent scoops.Dont know how long they were used but know they were used early to mid 70s.Scoops appeared exactly the same as non-logo scoops still seen today,but have DONZI logo in relief at the shallow end.Will accept any condition as long as they are still plateable.Come to think of it,if I can come across even one good one I will undertake to reproduce them for all to use in thier restorations.How about lending me one that I can use for a pattern?I would give adaquate compensation up front just to use it.Hope this sounds like as good an idea to all of you as it does to me.Ive been involved in the Corvette restoration business for more than 20 years and have both the connections and wherewithal to do this project pretty easily.My name is Bill Stephenson and the e-mail address is redalert@massnet1.net if you can be of any help or if you would be interested in having a set for the Donzi close to your heart!!!!!!!.......just ol red!

Len
10-24-2000, 08:31 PM
Check my post in parts for sale. Good Luck, Lenny

------------------
North, (way North) of Cuba...

Looped
11-02-2000, 09:16 AM
Olredalert,
I Just tripped over these vents. The seller states that they are 65's, but who knows. Here is the L ink (http://www.iboats.com/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=accessories&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=54&query=retrieval)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Thumbnail?u=1399308&a=10571596&p=35971807&Width=100&Height=100&Sequence=0
Craig

[This message has been edited by Looped (edited 01-10-2001).]

AGUESS
11-02-2000, 11:24 AM
The vents were sold last week.

Alex.

Pat
11-02-2000, 02:37 PM
http://www.donzi.net/hull/C-18-407/clamshellvent.jpg

These are off a '73 18' located in the registry.

Pat

[This message has been edited by Pat (edited 11-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Pat (edited 11-02-2000).]

BERTRAM BOY
11-02-2000, 03:19 PM
Okay,
Fess up...Who bought em?
BERTRAM BOY

olredalert
11-02-2000, 04:57 PM
Well, At least thats the vent Im trying to track down.I believe that the 18 in the registry was the picture I looked at that jabbed my memory in the first place. Dont think he had an add. or E-MAIL add.or a phone no.I just got to think that anybody with a classic DONZI would like to upgrade to this style vent.Possibly even boats that were known not to have them when new.A little feedback on that last statement would be much appreciated!............just.........ol red!

Rich
11-02-2000, 06:47 PM
Red....and anybody interested..
The vents from the previous post are the same as the one I carry except for the Donzi name in the vent. If enough people were interested I could also have these made up.
Let me know.........

------------------
Rich

olredalert
11-03-2000, 09:01 AM
Rich, Thanks for your interest.Since you already have production lines up,you would be the logical guy to do this project.Obviously,Im interested.How about the rest of the registry?To me,this is just one more thing that seperates quality boats from the rest of the Bayliner world out there.Rich,sometimes Im not so sure how many people visiting the registry(or regulars for that matter)visit the wanted section.Maybe a more prominent post on your part would garner more interest!In any event,if you need any help at all get ahold of me............just........ol red!

CDMA
11-03-2000, 09:09 AM
Rich,

What is the status of your project. I have not heard for you in awhile. I am going to try to drop by soon I need those rail ends.

Chris

olredalert
11-16-2000, 05:19 PM
Rich,
I guess I have to say that Im a little less than impressed with the feedback on this vent scoop project.Kind of thought we would have orders coming fairly quickly.Oh well,I really appreciate your input and hope we can come back to it..........just.........ol red!