PDA

View Full Version : custom trailer

white & red
12-03-2001, 05:53 PM
Looking for a new, custom trailer for my 18' 2+3 classic. Can't find any dealers in the northeast. Am willing to travel anywhere east of the Mississippi. Any help would be appreciated.

Sam
12-03-2001, 08:14 PM
Salt or fresh water ? If your in salt water you must go galvinized or aluminum. I have owened three Eagle trailers and have loved them. Thay have been painted steel used only in fresh water. Most of the majior mfg's make a salt water friendly trialer. Try looking on the net under aluminum or galvinized boat trialers.

Sam

white & red
12-04-2001, 04:52 AM
right now we are fresh water only. been overwelmed by the amount on the net but now that we have a name we can narrow it down. THANKS

mattyboy
12-04-2001, 09:28 AM
white and red I have a performance trailer they made it custom for the boat mine is a sixteen and it is a tandem trailer which is probably over kill, but it fits the boat like a glove, here's a topic with a pic of my boat and trailer the trailer is a 98 and tows like a dream http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003072

it is even white and red
I'll email any info I have to ya
Matt

CDMA
12-04-2001, 10:03 AM
If you ever think you will be in salt water go all Aluminum. There is a company in FL that makes an all Aluminum trailer called Rolls Axle. There is no steel. Even the suspension is Aluminum. The brakes are all stainless steel. Sounds crazy but it really works well. I have one under my 18. I have an eagle right now under my 22 that is a 1986 that was used mostly in Fresh water with occasional salt and it is rusted right through in many areas. They are not custom for the boat but the Rolls really fit the narrow classic well. while it is not custom at this point I think it is the best trailer on the market. I will try to get some pictures of mine. The boat looks awsome on it.

Chris

Rolls - 1-888-Rolls52. Ask for Dan Gallagher

Here is Red dogs' 18 on a rolls. Same trailer as mine. http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001140

mattyboy
12-06-2001, 06:25 PM
white and red

you've got mail

matt