PDA

View Full Version : Guage Frame needed

AGUESS
07-07-2000, 10:25 AM
I am restoring my 66 18' 2+3. Has SW guages. The original guage frame was replaced in 74, and I would like to go back original.

Any idea where I can find one?

Thanks,

Alex.

BERTRAM BOY
07-07-2000, 11:12 AM
Actually, I need one too! same year also.
BERTRAM BOY

Scott Pearson
07-09-2000, 09:18 AM
Guys,
I have a clean dash plate off my 1968 18 2+3. What I could do is make a few of them on a CNC Machine to the exact specs. They could be made out of billet alum. then chromed or polished. Let me know your thoughts?

(NJ) Scott

BERTRAM BOY
07-09-2000, 06:31 PM
Were the originals polised aluminum or chrome plated brass? I don't know because mine's missing. CNC maching a couple sounds great to me, I'll even ship you the material. Just let me know how much and how much oversize you want the material. What do you think AGUESS ?
BERTRAM BOY

AGUESS
07-09-2000, 09:45 PM
Yes, Scott, please make these. Let me know the cost and when you think you can do it.

What a great offer. I spoke with Richard Weaver the other day to see if he had any, so I bet he would be interested also.

Thanks again.

Alex.

AGUESS
07-09-2000, 09:47 PM
Bertram Boy, thanks for offering the material to Scott. Let me know how much I owe you for the material, if you supply it.

Thanks.

Alex.

BERTRAM BOY
07-10-2000, 03:58 PM
Rich,
If you don't have the time to make these, I can (I have my own Wire EDM shop) I just need the dimensions. Is a piece like that easy for you to digitize? I just need some kind of geometry file (DXF,CADL or GE3).
Or If somebody has a sample I can do it myself. Rich,what kind of material is yours made of? also how thick? Alex, if there are only going to be few made I might have enough left over material at the shop.
BERTRAM BOY

Rich
07-11-2000, 04:02 PM
I believe the original is brushed stainless steel.....

------------------
Rich

Scott Pearson
07-11-2000, 04:50 PM
Ok Guys,

Im making 12 of these gauge frames. They will all be billit alum. I should have them done by the end of July (2 weeks). These new ones will be all alum. they will accept one 3 3/8 gauge and four 2 1/8 gauges. also the two holes for the light and key switch. Just like the orig!

Ok now the cost....

$60.00 polished
$50.00 non-polished

+ shipping...shipping should only be a few bucks. I will send them in the US Mail soft envalopes.

The orig where alum. with a stainless face plate. The new ones will be all alum.

Let me know your thoughts guys!

(NJ) Scott

Richard
07-11-2000, 08:13 PM
Scott,
Sounds like a good idea, I would buy one for our Hornet. They might have done the circular, spun look with a stainless insert.

AGUESS
07-12-2000, 08:57 AM
Scott, thanks for doing this. I want one that is polished for $60.00. I will be in NJ near you from July 22 - 30. If you would like, I can pick one up if they are finished.

Let me know how to get payment to you. Check or through Paypal on the internet.

Thanks again.

Alex Guess.