PDA

View Full Version : gauges

Gerry Brooks
05-08-2000, 10:03 AM
looking for 1976 chrome Teleflex gauges for a 18' 2+3 Donzi

AVickers
05-08-2000, 10:34 AM
Except for the Amp Meter, the current Black Face Teleflex gauges were an exact replacement for mine...

Available at West Marine or Boat US...

Rob
05-08-2000, 09:00 PM
For the Teleflex gauges in my 71 Ski Sporter, the Heavy Duty series was an exact match appearance-wise. The only difference was the water temp gauge. My original started at 100 degrees and the one in the mail order catalogs started at 120 degrees. But if you go to the Teleflex web site you find that they still make the one starting at 100, its just not stocked by West et all.

Rob
05-08-2000, 09:07 PM
Ok, I went down and looked at the boat. For the speedo, the madpoodle is exactly right. Bluish ring, and mk 27 is at the bottom of the face. But the rest of my gauges are not like the speedo. Like avickers, they look exactly like the current Teleflex Heavy Duty series.

BTW, the bezel on my original speedo was pitted from exposure to salt water. I was told that because of the pot metal base material it could not be re-plated. However when I checked with my local plating shop, the said it would be no problem. I gave it to them, and it came back looking great. I touched up the needle with some flourecent orange paint, put it back together, and the speedo looks as good as new.

harbormaster
05-09-2000, 08:51 AM
Scott,

email the jpegs to me and I will put them in a web directory you can post from.

Scot V